Chapter 3

What Happens in Vegas Doesn't Stay There

I posted earlier today, so this may be a double update.

                Kyungsoo had no idea what he was thinking when he invited Jongin to share his room. After meeting him, any attempts at having a normal one-night stand went out the window, and he generally hated people. Why he wanted to spend time with this one, well he was gorgeous and genuinely seemed interested in what he had to say, which he certainly wasn’t used to. One of the things Suho liked best about him, after being a Do son of course, was the fact he was so quiet. Jongin, without even really trying, got him to admit things he wasn’t even sure Baekhyun knew. It wasn’t that Baek didn’t care, he just couldn’t understand.

                Kyungsoo wasn’t regretting inviting Jongin to stay with him however. Sure, his chances of getting laid were probably less than zero, but he found he didn’t care. Picking up strangers for tawdry liaisons wasn’t really his style, and if he was honest with himself he was rather relieved he now couldn’t go through with it. Sure, he wanted something more than the boring vanilla he’d dealt with for the last two years, but he could wait. He was an adult after all, no longer a high school or college kid who was easier to talk into doing stupid things without considering consequences.

                The pair had shifted away from heavier topics and into a lighter discussion about what types of movies they liked, hardly noticing their very delayed for whatever reason plane had finally taken off, until the same flight attendant from earlier stopped by their seats.

                “I’m sorry for interrupting gentlemen, but I was wondering if either of you wanted snacks or something to drink. I see your headache seems to be better Mister Kim. I’m glad.”

                Kyungsoo declined the offer of snacks since he and Baek had eaten a huge breakfast before he was dropped at the airport, but asked for a bourbon. Jongin on the other hand enthusiastically agreed to both, requesting water.

                “My head is still pounding, but you found me such charming company to sit next to it’s a bit easier to ignore.” Jongin flashed the woman what Kyungsoo suspected was a very practiced lady-killer smile, and she tittered as she went to get their drinks and the cowboy’s pretzels and honey-roasted peanuts.

                “Here you go gentlemen. I brought some for Mister Do as well, just in case he changes his mind. We’ll be serving lunch in about an hour and a half, but feel free to hit the call button if you’d like anything else.”

                The flight attendant left, and Jongin popped whatever he’d fished out of his bag into his mouth before chugging half his can of water, while Kyungsoo sipped his watered-down cheap bourbon and tried not to drool at watching his companion’s Adam’s apple bob and the mental images of other things he could be swallowing instead.

                “I was so late moving I didn’t even have time to grab a water and pop some aspirin” Jongin explained, tearing into his peanuts like a starving man. “Let alone have time for any breakfast, not that the stale Danish and anemic orange slices at the hotel really counted. I’m used to the big meals Cook serves. They aren’t fancy, but there’s a lot.”

                “We should’ve switched places. Baek dragged me to his favorite buffet at an unholy hour this morning and made me eat until I thought I was going to explode. He was convinced I was going to starve since he knows I can’t stand airplane food. I’m also not a fan of greasy, overcooked bacon and eggs and what they laughingly referred to as French toast. He’s lucky I didn’t vomit in his car I felt so miserable. Fortunately, he dropped me at the airport early enough I was able to get my stomach to settle well before boarding. He had an early meeting or I probably would’ve been in the same boat as you, minus the hangover.”

                They lapsed into companionable silence after that. Kyungsoo was actually starting to doze after his drink, and was grateful when the flight attendant offered blankets. He’d dressed warmly, but he was still chilly, and couldn’t bring himself to protest when Jongin covered him with his as well.

                Kyungsoo hadn’t even realized he’d fallen asleep, head drooping onto Jongin’s shoulder, until the plane hit a pocket of air and he was jolted awake suddenly. He stuttered an apology as he tried to sit up, only to be pulled gently back into his previous position.

                “Go back to sleep Soo. I don’t mind being your pillow. Oh, and you missed the mystery meat special. I ate yours since you said you hated airplane food, but I did save both our apples in case you wanted something.”

                Kyungsoo tried to answer, but sleep was already pulling at him again and he snuggled back down and closed his eyes.