Chapter 4

What Happens in Vegas Doesn't Stay There

Posted Chapter 2 earlier and Chapter 3 a minute ago, so quite possibly a triple update.

                Jongin was drumming his fingers on his leg impatiently. Truthfully, he actually hated to fly, though his conversation with Kyungsoo had been more than enough to keep him from really thinking about being in the air with nothing to support him. Even after the shorter man had fallen asleep, he still had his presence against his arm and his breathing to listen to, and concentrating on those two things made a huge difference. But now they were descending, and as always he was convinced they were going to crash, only to have his work-worn fingers encased in a softer, smaller pair of hands. He looked over to see a surprisingly wide-awake Kyungsoo, who gave a cute little grin.

                “It’s okay Jongin. The pilot knows what he’s doing. We’re not going to explode into a fireball. Baek has a similar reaction on airplanes, so I recognized the signs.”

                “I didn’t even know you were awake Soo. How’d you sleep?”

                “I don’t know, I wasn’t awake. We’ll be on the ground soon. Oh, and you make a very comfy pillow by the way.”

                Jongin bit his tongue before he could say something sleezy like you can sleep on me any time Babe, only to grip Kyungsoo’s hands tightly as they touched down and started to taxi.

                Once they were finally parked at the gate and told they could remove their seatbelts, Jongin nearly jumped out of his seat, grateful to be able to do any kind of a stretch. Business class might have had more leg room than coach, but he’d still been cramped. Kyungsoo meanwhile neatly folded the blankets before standing, wincing as his back audibly cracked. The taller, careful not to bump into their fellow passengers, snagged his backpack he’d used since high school, and after asking Kyungsoo which one it was, grabbed the other man’s shiny silver carryon.

                Since he was afraid he’d accidentally lose Kyungsoo in the crowd, once they were finally able to leave the plane Jongin shrugged into his backpack and took the other man’s hand in one of his, and Kyungsoo’s carryon despite his companion’s protests in the other. The shorter soon grew quiet however and pressed as close as possible once they were in the wall to wall mass of people, all looking for baggage claim. He’d been there several times before however, so just neatly threaded through the clumps of lost tourists, trying to protect Kyungsoo as much as he could and eventually made it, only to have to wait forever for the bags to start coming out.

                Jongin found his battered oversized duffle bag right away, one of the perks of being one of the last to board, but it seemed like an eternity before Kyungsoo tugged on his sleeve and pointed to his own suitcase, a larger version of the carryon. Now with their luggage securely in their possession, they could get out of the airport that always reminded the cowboy of a livestock auction.

                Stepping outside to locate the shuttle Kyungsoo said was supposed to take them to their hotel, Jongin wished he’d had a clean undershirt or something to wear under his flannel. He’d have to find a laundromat to wash his every day clothes, or his companion would probably boot him out because of the stink since he hadn’t had a chance while he was in New York.

                “There it is!” Kyungsoo pointed out, now taking the lead and tugging Jongin toward the shuttle. The cowboy didn’t recognize the name of the hotel, but since he never really paid attention and went everywhere on foot or by taxi, he wasn’t surprised. What did surprise him was when they were dropped off in front of the biggest, fanciest place he’d ever seen in his life, and decided he’d probably be underdressed even if he’d been in his suit.

                Kyungsoo didn’t bat an eye though, just dragging the now shy Jongin through the front doors and up to the counter, stating he had a reservation for Kyungsoo Do and Jongin Kim and giving the woman his driver’s license and credit card for conformation.

                “I’m sorry Mister Do, but Mister Kim’s name isn’t showing up. There’s a, Junmyeon Kim listed with yours.”

                Once again Jongin bit his tongue as the lady did her best to pronounce the, to her, very foreign name and butchering it completely. He then nearly swallowed his tongue when Kyungsoo suddenly gave an Oscar-worthy performance about how he should never have let his friend confirm for him, but he was so busy making last-minute preparations for their wedding, the most important day of his and Jongin’s lives, complete with tears standing in his eyes at the thought that something like this could go wrong now, at this late date, and throwing himself into Jongin’s arms to realistically sob into his chest.

                “There there, don’t cry Mister Do. We’ll make it right. I just have to see Mister Kim’s ID and get your authorization to make the change.”

                Kyungsoo looked up from where he’d been “crying” and blinked his eyes clear. “Really, you can do that?”

                “Of course Mister Do. It will only take a minute.” The lady turned to Jongin, who was now trying not to laugh. “Now Mister Kim, your ID please.”

                Jongin pulled his passport out of his back pocket. He didn’t drive and had no desire to learn, much more comfortable on a horse or with someone else controlling whatever metal deathtrap he was in, so never bothered to get a driver’s license. He wasn’t even a permanent resident, much less a naturalized citizen, in the U.S. on an extended work visa after his student visa ran out so didn’t even have a state ID. He still hadn’t decided if he was going to stay in the U.S. or go back to South Korea after he raised enough money. He supposed it would depend on whether or not he had a good enough reason to stay.

                “There Mister Do, Mister Kim, all set. Here are your keycards, and Warren will take your luggage and show you to your room.”

                The woman waved a boy, who couldn’t have been more than seventeen and who was pushing an empty luggage cart, over and instructed him to take them to the honeymoon penthouse.

                “Hi! I’m Warren! Newlyweds huh? Well, I hope you two have a very pleasant stay in our hotel, and if you need anything don’t hesitate to ask me.” The young man led them over to an elevator, discreetly half-hidden behind some rather tall fake plants and waved them on before pressing the button.

                “We aren’t married yet, er Warren” Kyungsoo spoke up. “We wanted to do the whole Vegas wedding thing, just as an experience we’ve never had.”

                “I can help you there Mister Do! This hotel offers a complimentary deluxe package, paperwork, ceremony, photo, breakfast. How many guests will be attending?”

                “There aren’t any. It’s just the two of us.” Well, that part was at least true.

                “Something discreet then? No problem! I’ll talk to Cathy and see what I can arrange for you!”

                Despite both men’s best efforts to get his attention and say it wasn’t necessary, Warren was happily chattering on about what an adorable couple they made and he’d be delighted to help them make their special day happen. Not knowing that was going through Kyungsoo’s mind, Jongin finally gave up and decided they’d probably just have to explain to Cathy (the front desk lady) it was a misunderstanding and hope it wasn’t too much of an inconvenience for anybody.

                “Well, here you go gentlemen!” Warren said cheerfully, leading them off the elevator and to a single door in the middle of the hallway.

                Jongin practically tripped over his jaw when he saw the “hotel room” he’d be sharing with Kyungsoo over the next few days. It was almost bigger than his dorm room at the ranch he shared with seven other men. There was a huge canopied bed, table with two chairs, dressers, a giant tv with a squashy-looking couch just made for snuggling, an empty what he was guessing was a Jacuzzi tub, a faux fireplace with another couch to cuddle on, and he wasn’t sure what else.

                Warren unloaded their bags and clicked his tongue. “I’m sorry gentlemen, someone forgot to bring up your strawberries and champagne, let alone your gift box. Please, relax while I rectify this mistake. Is there anything else I can get for you in the meantime?”

                Time for a little acting of my own Jongin thought. “Actually Warren, there is. I wanted to take Kyungsoo out for a nice dinner later since we’ve never been here before, but I just got back home from a business trip when it was time to fly out here. Like an idiot, I accidentally grabbed my bag of dirty clothes instead of the clean ones he packed for me, and I have nothing to wear that doesn’t smell.” Deciding he’d better toss in an explanation over the distinct lack of wedding clothes just in case he added, “We’ll be getting our wedding suits and rings here in Vegas, but I’ll need regular clothes for when we’re sight-seeing and things like that. Can you tell me where the nearest laundromat is?”

                “No need for that Mister Kim! We offered complimentary clothes cleaning for all our guests. There’s a laundry bag with your room on it in the closet. If you put everything you want washed in that and lay any dry-cleaning on top, I’ll pick it up when I come back and it’ll be done in two hours. Just enough time to relax in the hot tub before you go out.” Warren waved before he took his luggage cart and left.

                “Very accommodating” Jongin commented, looking in the closet for the laundry bag before plopping himself on the floor to dig out his clothes, setting aside the two suits and ties he’d worn since they were dry clean only.

                Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was in the bathroom, only to come out with towels, some sort of caddy, and bathrobes. He tossed a bathrobe to the distracted Jongin who looked up startled and went to fill the Jacuzzi tub, drizzling in something extremely foamy that smelled like hippies before starting to strip.

                “Uh Soo? What are you doing?”

                “Mmm, sandalwood. You heard Warren. He said to relax while your clothes were cleaned, and I hate to see this thing go unused. Come on, we’re Korean. Think of it as going to the bathhouse. I’ll even scrub your back if you’d like. Besides, I dressed for New York, not Vegas. I’m all sweaty now.”

                Realizing Kyungsoo had a point, and it’s not like he wasn’t used to communal showers with his dorm mates, first at school, then at the ranch even if it had been years since he’d been to a public bathhouse, he just shrugged and finished stuffing his dirty laundry into the bag. Figuring he might as well get everything done at once, he quickly stripped and slid into the bathrobe before adding what he’d been wearing to the bag.

                “Well that’s not much of a view Kim Jongin” Kyungsoo commented, already in the tub and half covered in foam, and not wearing his glasses that made him now look like an adorable lost baby owl, or maybe penguin. He couldn’t quite decide which.

                “I didn’t want to show everything to Warren when he comes to pick up my laundry.”

                “Good point. Hopefully I get to see it though.”

                Biting back more than a few “I’ll show you or do anything you want” comments, Jongin just answered the fortunate knock at the door. In came Warren once again, chattering cheerfully and pushing a service cart of chilled champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries, menus, and a neatly wrapped gift box with “To the happy couple” on the label.

                “There you go. Can I get you anything else?”

                “No Warren, I think we’re good for now. Thank you.”

                “I brought menus in case you change your minds and decide to stay in. Otherwise, I’ll have your clothes back as soon as possible Mister Kim.”

                Warren let himself out, and Jongin wheeled the cart closer to the Jacuzzi so they could both reach it. While he poured the champagne and sampled the strawberries, Kyungsoo lifted himself up so he could sit on the side to open the gift box, only to start laughing.

                “What’s so funny?”

                Kyungsoo picked up a length of red silk and slid it through his fingers. “Either the hotel thinks we’re Fifty Shades fans, or they are themselves. There are silk ties, a blindfold, some sort of I think folded riding crop or something, and condoms and a bottle of lube. Maybe they just think all gay men are erts, but I haven’t used any of this stuff but condoms and lube since college.”

                Jongin peeked into the box curiously. “I never have. My boyfriends were never really the type I guess.”

                Deciding to fantasize about the contents of the box and what Kyungsoo could do to him with them later, Jongin went to set the it on top of one of the dressers and let his bathrobe fall to the floor before joining Kyungsoo and accepting a glass of champagne.

                “Ah, I may never leave this thing” he commented, only to choke when Kyungsoo said

                “Even if I promise to give you the wildest night of your life?”