Special Day

Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hitomi laid in bed wondering if she should get up. On any other day of the year, she would have been up hours ago, but not today. Today is her birthday. She never cared too much about celebrating her birthday growing up, it was simply a day where her age increased by one. Of course, it’s nice to get presents but she never understood why people get so excited over it. That is, until she met Chaewon.

Chaewon puts a lot of effort into making any occasion special, especially birthdays. Hitomi couldn’t help but smile at all the happy memories of past birthdays. She grabbed her phone to look at the time, 8:15 am. Maybe she’ll give them another 15 minutes. As usual, Chaewon and the kids are up to something and she had been warned not to come out early. Hitomi stared at the family photo that she used as her lock screen and smiled.

Hitomi never thought she would be a mother to three wonderful daughters before she even turns 30 but she definitely wouldn’t change a thing. While there were certainly tough moments the past 8 years, every day felt like a blessing. Chaewon, Minju, Nako and Yuri are her greatest treasures.

*bang cling cling*

Hitomi can hear the muffled voices coming from the outside. She doesn’t want to think about the mess that is happening in the kitchen/dining area right now. When it is just Chaewon and the three kids, it always felt like organized chaos. Hitomi was not sure how Chaewon does it, but somehow she always make things work.

Hitomi could no longer wait and decided to sneak outside, hoping to see the four in action. A few steps down the hall and she could see the kitchen. The twins were standing on a chair next to Chaewon. On the other side of Chaewon was Minju who was holding a small knife chopping something. Hitomi could see bowls, spoons, eggshells and flour all over the kitchen counter and could also feel a headache forming just from the sight.

Chaewon turned around and saw Hitomi and flashed her signature smile. Hitomi laughed as Chaewon’s forehead was covered with flour. Chaewon lifted the twins off the chair and pointed over to where Hitomi was standing. Minju turned around and widened her eyes. All three ran to her.

“MAMA!!!!!!”  Hitomi was jumped by her three daughters. The twi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter