Two

Happiness is the best medicine

When I arrived at the hospital, I headed for the reception desk at the centre of the room.
'My name is Kim Taehyung, I was contacted to come and see someone here?' I said and the nurse smiled.
'Straight ahead and to your right' she smiled, I bowed and thanked her and hurried off,knocking before opening the door to the room.
'Come in?' questioned a voice on the other side, it sounded familiar, I opened the door to find the rooms occupant with her back to me, I cleared my throat and she turned around...
I couldn't believe what I was seeing...who I was seeing.
'y/n??' I stared at her.
'T-Taehyung?? How did you...?'
'The hospital contacted me, they must've thought I was important or something, I don't know' I shrugged and she blushed bright pink.
Then I noticed her arm was in plaster and there was a cut on her forehead.
'What happened to you?' I asked and she looked away from me.
'I...I fell down the stairs' she mumbled.
I sighed and knelt down beside the bed, I understood now, I was the one who knew most about her condition.
'It's not what you're thinking' she said.
'And what am I thinking?' 
'That I fell because of what's wrong with me' she replied.
'Call it what it is y/n' I told her 'it's nothing to be ashamed of, you could have at least tried to stop yourself though, if that's not why you fell, have you been taking your medication?'
'I DIDN'T FALL BECAUSE OF MY NARCOLEPSY!' she yelled at me.
'I never said you did' I replied calmly 'I only asked if you were taking your meds'
'You implied it' she huffed and then she sighed 'what's the point in taking them?' she asked me 'they won't suddenly make me normal will they? so, I stopped'
'Oh y/n they help manage it so this sort of thing doesn't happen in the first place' I put my arm around her but she shrugged it off again.
'I wish they didn't phone you' she muttered.
'Why?'
'Because it's making me feel bad about how I treated you last time I saw you'
'It's okay' I said.
'No Taehyung, it's not and I'm sorry, can you ever forgive me?'
'Of course I can' i replied when all the time my insides were screaming at me to tell her how I felt about her 'I'd be a pretty rubbish best friend if I didn't'
'I love you TaeTae' she whispered and rested her head on my shoulder.
Oh if only she knew.