One

Happiness is the best medicine

TAEHYUNG'S POV:
She was my best friend, I'd known her since we were kids and I'd always been there for her when the other children made fun of her or when the teachers just thought she was being lazy when she was found asleep in the back of their classes.
I was always there when she needed me, I had been there when she had been given her diagnosis and I had been her shoulder to cry on when she was told she would have to take pills for the rest of her life to control it as there was no known cure for Narcolepsy.
'I knew it' she sniffed 'I'm just a weirdo'
'Don't you dare say that y/n, you are one of the strongest people I know and there's ways you can handle it'
'By taking these forever?' she held up the bottle she had been given 'how is this any way to live? I can't ever drive, I can't even do the simplest of tasks from fear of falling asleep, I won't ever be able to handle a proper job, I can't even walk down the stairs alone, how is THAT a life?'
'I'll help you' I offered and she scoffed at me.
'By being my carer forever? Then we'll both be miserable. I won't let you ruin your life for me Taehyung'
'I won't be ruining my life, I want to help you, like I always have done. I care about you y/n'
'I care about you too TaeTae' she said and touched my cheek lightly 'which is why I'm letting you go. I'm sorry but I am doing this for you, one day you'll see that'
'No!' I argued 'I don't want to see that, please don't leave me' I begged her.
'Please Taehyung, don't make this any harder than it is already' she has tears in her eyes.
'Then don't leave me'
'I'm sorry but I've made my choice' she whispered 'goodbye TaeTae.
She kissed my cheek and she was gone just like that.

How could she just leave like that after everything we'd been through? How could she possibly think that this was better?
I fell to my knees and cried.
Maybe if I had told y/n how I felt about her then she wouldn't have left, I loved her, I had always loved her ever since I met her.
It was too late now though, I hated myself.
A small part of me hoped that our paths would cross again but I doubted it very much
Imagine my surprise when about a year later I got a call to come to the local hospital to visit a patient there.
But who would call me? I was racking my brains the entire drive as to who it could be, unless...but it couldn't be, right?