One

Kingdom of Eclipse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ONE

            Although they are in the Kingdom of Southern Fire, the rain poured heavily for days. They are not surprised after what was happened these weeks. Thinking that they can survive for months, the question is not even there at the first place.

Realizing how exhausting his guardians are, the man with a long white robe lifted his hand. He furrowed his thick eyebrows so close and narrowed his eyes, making sure that nobody is around. The pretty one didn’t seem good anymore while carrying the tanned man who got the most injuries. Therefore, the man with a long white robe pointed at the nearest cave, signaling them to hide there for a moment.

He widened his eyes once he heard a noise behind them, immediately gestured his only two men behind his back. He turned around, only to see the most unexpected man that shouldn’t be there. If only the intruder knows his smile looks so annoying. He gritted his teeth, already to attack the newcomer with everything he has.

***

“Oh my God, Kim Baekhyun, why are you still here? You need to go to college, didn’t you? YAH WAKE UP!”

            Realizing what the words are meaning, Baekhyun immediately open his eyes, widened in the next seconds before gets out abruptly from the bed. He stumbled and fell right on the face when his older brother opened his door room wearing a shirt behind his apron and a ladle on his right hand. Suho is the name, but everyone else called him Secretary Kim in the office.

“I have told you not to stay all night, see this is what happened when you didn’t listen to me” Suho kept nagging while throwing the uniform to the poor boy “I have already packed up the breakfast, get ready in five minutes and I will drive you to the college” he said, rolling his eyes before leaving his younger brother alone in his room

            Baekhyun scoffed, cursing under his breath as he took the uniform on the floor. It is not like he is angry with his brother, considering the man is the strict and heartless Secretary Kim. Baekhyun sighs, accepting his fate and get ready in hurry before he heard another yelling from the said man.

“Are you sure you got anything in your hands, baby boy?” Suho narrowed his eyes, looking at Baekhyun suspiciously while he is turning on the car’s engine

Baekhyun scoffed, eating his breakfast which is slice of breads with strawberry jam, earned an ewh from his brother because the crumbs are coming out from his mouth.

“Stop calling me that, people would get you wrong, daddy” he scowled but turning his body to check on his belongings

            The younger widened his eyes seconds later abruptly open the car’s door as he shouted to Suho that he forgot his phone in the room. Suho sighs, rolling his eyes again to the clumsy brother and waited patiently in the car. Once he spotted his brother is running back to the car, he shouted to Baekhyun not to forget to lock the door. Thus, Baekhyun immediately turned around again and check the door.

            Suho smiled unconsciously, rarely shows because he didn’t want to damage his image, even to his brother. But his eyes caught a glimpse of someone on the rear mirror, his lips turned downside. He hardened the grip on the steering wheel, looking how the stalker waved his hands casually on their direction.

“Okay, I am done. Let’s go” Baekhyun entered the car, disturbing Suho who steps on the gas in full speed

            -leaving the stalker man who followed them for years, behind.

***

“Good thing that we own a car, you are not late” Suho said, checking something on his phone while the younger get out from the car with the backpack on his hand

Baekhyun replied as he closed the car’s door “Good thing that I have you, I am not late”

“Remember what I have said before, right? Don’t-“

“-talk to stranger. Geez, I am not even that young anymore! I know hyung, I know”

Suho lifted his eyebrows, put the phone on the seat and said “You can be mistaken as a kid easily. I doubt that-“ he then spotted the crumbs on Baekhyun’s lips “-and behave like one. Wipe that off. You are a college student now. Tell me if anything bad happened, okay?”

“Okay. Now, could you please go, daddy?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, waving his eyes as he shooed Suho away, initially giggled at the jokes he made

            However, Suho didn’t response at that. The older just waved back then started the car’s engine, leaving the brother alone at the college’s gate. After making sure that Suho is leaving, Baekhyun lips turned downside. He walks by himself while looking down to the ground. Suho is a good brother, if only the latter could show him his smile more often.

That is because they lost their parents in the fire five years ago, Baekhyun never see the smile on his face anymore. It is something that he really misses a lot but he couldn’t do anything about it, because Baekhyun is the reason why his parents died in the fire.

***

            Once he arrived at the building, Baekhyun looked around. He caught a glimpse of his friend thus he sprinted on his track, jumped over his friend and both landed on the floor. Jongdae is the name, by now is whining loudly because of what Baekhyun just did to him.

“Oh, why?” Jongdae kept whining while pushing Baekhyun away “Trust me you could break one or two of my bones. Damn it, Baekhyun!” he scolded the giggling friend

“Didn’t you happy to see me here? Why so hostile, eh?” Baekhyun elbowed the other who immediately rolled his eyes

“I will, if only you act like a grateful friend” Jongdae hissed as he dusted his pants and helps Baekhyun to stand up “I thought that you will be late, you stay up all night, didn’t you?”

“How did you know?” Baekhyun asked and Jongdae mumbled something like eye bags or whatever “But well, you are right. If only Suho hyung didn’t wake me up, I surely will be late. So, what is the good news?” he immediately changed the topic

“Uh, we are stuck together for a whole semester?” Jongdae asked doubtfully

There is a brief silence before Baekhyun widened his eyes and scream loudly.

“Oh my God, you are so annoying, Baek”

“And I love you too” Baekhyun said, locked the other with a tight hug and both are walking to their class together

            The class is already half full. Baekhyun immediately took the only side by side empty seats in the back. He patted the seat beside him and asked Jongdae to come in hurry. Before Jongdae could take the seat, someone walks pass him and took the seat instead. Baekhyun widened his eyes in surprised, already open his mouth to argue, but the latter said faster.

“The seat is mine” the doe eyed man confirmed

That left Baekhyun gasped and Jongdae chuckled “Then I am going to sit here” he put his bag on the front seat and gave Baekhyun two thumbs while mouthing have a good time

            Baekhyun lifted his hand in awkward position, looking at Jongdae and the new guy who suddenly became his seat mate. The doe eyed man didn’t say anything but he looks at Baekhyun with confused look as if Baekhyun is the weird one. The professor comes not long after, leaving Baekhyun ended up sitting with the stranger for three hours straight.

***

            Suho drives his car to the office hurriedly. He already told his boss that he will came late, but being Suho, he didn’t like the idea. Therefore, there he is, driving like crazy and parks his car in one moves smoothly. He got off from the car, checking on his watch and sighs in glad as he still has five more minutes to go upstairs.

            When the elevator’s door opens with a ring sound, he lifted his eyes, surprised when he recognized the man with glasses stood casually in the elevator. He is hesitated to enter at first, but he didn’t have the time to wait for another elevator, so he clicked his tongue in annoyance and then walked in.

            The man didn’t say anything at the first five levels and that bothered Suho. The latter kept glancing at the silhouette from the door, though he doesn’t say anything. From the reflection, Suho knows that the man smiled at him. Suho took out his phone and casually looking at that, he is a busy man after all. When the elevator slowly reaches Suho’s office, he put the phone back to his pocket and waits patiently for the door to open.

The ring sound is heard, that is when the man grabbed his hand without warning. Suho is surprised at first. He gasped and slapped the other’s hand in seconds. However, the man didn’t move even a bit. Instead he took off his glasses and looks at Suho in what seems like unreadable expression. Suho gulped in nervous when he finally could hear his stalker’s voice. His voice is sweet, but somehow it contains a sad vibe in it.

“You really can not recognize me, my prince?”

            The door is opened and Suho hurriedly get out from the elevator. The man is crazy, Suho is sure about that. How dare he call him his prince? They didn’t live in the ancient time with palace and castle around. It’s modern times when all you can look are tall buildings with high technologies. The man is a ert, nobody called stranger as his prince. Suho shook his head in disbelief once he realized that he is being stalked by a crazy ert guy.

However, he didn’t know why his heart kept beating faster after seeing that sad gaze from that stranger.

***

“He is so creepy! I didn’t want to seat beside him anymore! Don’t you dare to betray me like that again, Kim Jongdae” Baekhyun scoffed at the giggling man beside him who slurped his tomato juice in happiness

“Calling someone you didn’t know as a creepy is rude, Baek. Why don’t you try to talk to him, he seems good and nice” Jongdae reasoned

“’The seat is mine’” Baekhyun said with flat expression, trying hard to pretend the doe eyed man “Seriously Jongdae, which part of it that is good and nice? It is three hours straight without talking. We got the chance just don’t do the action. Don’t you see his eyes? He is so scary. Nope. I couldn’t start the talking, not gonna do” Baekhyun shook his head, feeling taken aback and then whispered in low voice “I hope that we didn’t have the same class with him anymore”

Jongdae couldn’t help not to give Baekhyun a look, but he didn’t say anything though “The next class start in five minutes. Let’s go” he said, pushed Baekhyun lazily to the next class

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter