Two

Kingdom of Eclipse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWO

            He tried so hard to catch his breath, but nothing he could do. The fire consumes almost of the oxygen around. By now, all he could do is breathing heavily, crying hard, strangling on his own. Every inch of his body unconsciously produces ices, made him feel hot on the outside and cold in the inside. Minseok tried so hard to stay alive, so then he could see those lingering eyes again.

He could hear footsteps approaching him from afar therefore he forces his eyes to look up “C-chanyeol-ie?” he called “Chanyeol-ie, is that you? Chanyeol-ie, listen to me, Chanyeol-ie, please, Suho doesn’t know anything, please. This is non-sense, this-“

            Nonetheless, the footsteps went away and all he could hear is nothing. Silence broke the room, and also his frozen body. When the fire stops torture him, he knows that his friend isn’t there anymore. Minseok’s body fell to the ground and his eyes fell from the tiredness. He tried his best, but it is never enough. It is his fault, all of them-

“-is my fault” he whispered lowly while crying desperately

***

“You should go to the college” Suho said, looking at Baekhyun who by now is peeling an apple for him

            Baekhyun pouted, his brother’s stubbornness is killing him. There is no way he will leave his brother alone at the hospital. Not after another fire accident. It is just two or three classes anyway. So that Baekhyun pretends he didn’t hear anything and whistle loudly on purpose.

            Suho sighs. He knows Baekhyun won’t listen to him. However, he feels proud inside. His brother never disappointed him. He is glad that he has Baekhyun as his brother thus he feels secure all the time.

“Say Aah hyung, this apple is very sweet, Jongdae picked it personally and you know how good he is at this” Baekhyun complimented his friend as he asked Suho to open his mouth

            Suho couldn’t help not to do what Baekhyun asks for. Baekhyun is persistent and no one can beat him on that. Though the apple tastes good he glared at Baekhyun.

“I have told you not to receive anything from stranger, haven’t I?” Suho hissed

Baekhyun, enough with all the possessiveness, went on with another slice “Hyung, Jongdae is not a stranger. He is my bestfriend”

“Yeah, and that is also called stranger. This reminds me, how was college yesterday?”

When Baekhyun paused, Suho knows the next thing came out from his mouth is a lie “Good. Everything is going smoothly. I didn’t come late, and all of my classes are with Jongdae”

            Suho raised his eyebrows thus Baekhyun gulped and added with low voice.

“I make a new friend”

“I have told you not to talk to stranger Kim Baekhyun” Suho glared, by now is straightened his position with anger

“But he isn’t. He has two same classes as mine. I don’t think he is in the stranger category, hyung”

“Yeah, but I did. Don’t get too close to him”

“Why?”

“Just do what I said”

Baekhyun pouted, put down his knife as he shouted back “You should tell me not to go to the college then. It is full of strangers. I shouldn’t socialize either. Just take me back to the hospital, hyung. If that is what you want, I am not a freaking child anymore”

“That is not how you talk to your brother, Baekhyun”

            Both are staring at each other, one with anger, another with tears. Suho is the one who stops the staring competition as he heard someone is knocking the door. It turned out to be what his brother called his best friend. Jongdae is coming, already wore his uniform, and is blinking his eyes in confusion through the heavy tension in the room.

“Are you two bringing back the war or what?” Jongdae laughed, pointing at them as if they are nemesis, then he lifted a plastic bag filled with tomato juices “Tomato juice, anyone?”

            And none of them answering him as both are facing away to another direction. Jongdae chuckled at that. The brothers are funny, it always amused him how each time he visits, they always in the same tension.

“So, nobody will ask me why I am here?” he approached them, closing the curtain as he added “I offered a help If anyone needs pick up. I mean, thirty minutes before the first class?”

There is a brief silence before Baekhyun replied “Yeah, you are right hyung. I should go to the college” he stood up and pick up his backpack “-and meet up with more new friends” he added in purpose

            Jongdae, being a dumb himself, awed at Baekhyun. He couldn’t help it. He never sees Baekhyun becomes this bold before, moreover to his beloved brother.

“No, you are not. You stay here” Suho hissed, but Baekhyun keep standing “Don’t you dare Baekhyun, stay here” he prolonged the last two words

“Why can’t I? You just ask me to go minutes before. I am not going to listen if you only said it because you didn’t want me to talk with stranger. I mean, hyung- I-“

“I am gonna be lonely if you leave me alone, Baek. It is not right being alone in the hospital” that totally shuts Baekhyun

The good boy immediately sits back to his position and widened his eyes like a puppy “Really? Do you really mean it, hyung?” his smile widened and his eyes sparkling

            All Suho needs is nodding his head and Jongdae rolled his eyes.

“So I guess I am not needed here” Jongdae said, carefully put the plastic bag on the table before leaving the brothers alone “Don’t forget to put your jacket on Baek, it is cold outside. I am going back after the classes end. See you” and then he left after Baekhyun waved back at him

“So-“ Baekhyun turned around to face his brother immediately, smiling idiotically

“Apple, please?” Suho asked nicely and Baekhyun immediately obeyed

***

            It is not like he is a bad guy. Nope. He is just a very-good best friend. He is just worried about his best friend’s doing while he is not around. The latter used to say that even though his brother is good, but he is annoying at the same time.

            After the class ended, Jongdae immediately took out his phone. There, he could see his best friend is in hospital’s cafeteria, eating his lunch. Jongdae smiled, put the phone back in his pocket while whistling happily.

            Well, putting a camera on his best friend’s jacket isn’t a bad thing, is it?

            However, he stops when someone suddenly approaches him. It is Kyungsoo. The man stood up in front of him and blocked his way.

“Can I help you?” Jongdae asked with a polite smile

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, immediately is annoyed by the behavior “Don’t play nice with me. I heard” he crossed his hands on his chest, glaring at Jongdae “Now your clueless friend didn’t tail you, I guess it is best to ask you. How did you know my surname? I didn’t tell you that day, right?”

            Although Kyungsoo seems so brave, but Jongdae could see a bit of scare in his eyes. The man used to be alone. Therefore, Jongdae put his hands on his pocket and came forward casually.

“Didn’t they tell you? You put a name tag on your jacket” Jongdae’s smile seems so convincing but Kyungsoo wouldn’t fall for it

“I didn’t” Kyungsoo took a step forward, lifted his head a bit as he face the other

            There is a heavy tension between them. Usually Kyungsoo’s glare should be enough to threaten someone. But in Jongdae’s case, something like that wouldn’t do anything to him.

Jongdae took a step back only to show Kyungsoo how annoying his smile is before coming closer to the shorter, and whispered “How is your day, my King?”

            Kyungsoo’s eyes doubled in size after realizing what Jongdae refers to. The latter already left him therefore he turned around to see Jongdae’s back is already far away, waving his hand to him. Kyungsoo is left dumbfounded.

***

            Chanyeol is hesitated for a moment. He knows that he shouldn’t be here, but he just couldn’t help it. Looking at his lover, Chanyeol followed him unconsciously.

            Baekhyun didn’t change at all, after all this time, he remains the same. His puppy eyes, his pouty lips, his adorable smile, his all, are still the same. It seems like the war didn’t affect him at all. Chanyeol doubted that the clueless man even knows about the war.

            Is he really Baekhyun that he knows? Is he just someone look alike?

Baekhyun is death, Chanyeol reminds himself. That is the truth that he believes for many years. However, seeing him here, totally alive, having his lunch alone, is killing him inside.

            After all this time, is he really alive?

            Chanyeol tried to calm hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter