Four

Kingdom of Eclipse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FOUR

He tried his best, but it is never be enough. If the only way to survive is to drain his power, he is done trying. He might be one of the greatest guardians ever alive, but that is such a long time ago. He has a limit, and that limit is now.

Minseok closed his eyes slowly, is reminiscing all happy memories in his mind. He ensured himself that he will be okay being alone on his critical state. After all, it is the only way to pay his sins.

As he stated already, it is his fault, all of them-

The only thing he will regret is not being able to see those lingering eyes anymore. Through his frozen body, and the burning fire in the room, he managed to shed a tear while smiling at the dream he knows would never be happened. With that, he knows that he will end his life sooner or later.

***

Baekhyun was panic when Suho falls on him. He immediately put Suho on the couch, checking his older brother’s temperature as he thought it is a fever. He couldn’t think any other reason. His older brother is a workaholic and maybe, it is the side effect from the previous accident.

Suho is burning. Baekhyun widened his eyes once his hand touch Suho’s forehead. In panic, he went to the bathroom and prepared a damp cloth with cold water. He learns this from the television when someone is sick, although he didn’t forget to press the hospital number.

            He waits and waits, until the doorbell is ringing. Someone is outside. He sighs in relief and run to open the front door. To his surprise, the people aren’t the doctors he waits for. They are Kyungsoo and Jongdae, who seems like a total mess.

            But Baekhyun wouldn’t careless. After looking at Jongdae, he cried loudly while telling him about his brother’s condition. Jongdae nodded along all the words Baekhyun said as Kyungsoo slipped to the room and check on the other.

“It is worse than I thought” Kyungsoo stated, looked at Baekhyun hurriedly “Do you have a pool? Where is the bathroom? Is there any bathtub?”

Before Baekhyun could answer, Jongdae pointed at the stair “Second floor, on the left” Jongdae answered

            Moments later, Kyungsoo appeared with Suho on his hands. Baekhyun widened his eyes when the shorter easily took his brother bridal style, moreover to the bathroom at the second floor. There is no room to surprise, he feels angry when he heard water is running on the tub.

            Kyungsoo is crazy, his brother is having fever and he dares to drawn him in the tub?

“What are you doing? Suho hyung needs to see a doctor!” Baekhyun shouted and ready to put a fight if only Jongdae didn’t hold him tight

Without even looking, Kyungsoo threatened “Shut up or I am going to kill you for good” he checked the water temperature before put Suho in the tub “It is still not good. One of the guardians is in the weakest point when the other is injured badly. He needs help. Cover me” Kyungsoo stated, took Suho’s hand and closed his eyes, whispering something like a mantra

Jongdae nodded and Baekhyun looks more bewildered when Kyungsoo didn’t even care to turn off the running water. For once, Baekhyun almost thought that is a new method to treat fever. However, it couldn’t be one. Kyungsoo just let Suho sink in the water.

“You will kill my brother!” he shouted and would definitely ruin the ritual if only Jongdae didn’t hold him tight

            A little bit too tight that Baekhyun knows that is not even normal anymore.

            He looks up to see Jongdae glared at him, a gesture that said the other is not in the good mood. Either is Baekhyun. Both are practically trying to kill his brother. Therefore, he struggles even more. Jongdae yelps when Baekhyun bit his hands and managed to get out from his grip.

 “Byun Baekhyun, contain yourself” Jongdae is being serious when he turned Baekhyun away and force him to look at his eyes

            Baekhyun feels hypnotized. He stood still out of his wants even though he clearly feels something is not right. He knows that Jongdae is calling the wrong name. The surname is not quite right but is not wrong at the same time. Something triggers Baekhyun who suddenly breaks from Jongdae’s eyes.

“Whose name you are calling? I am not Byun-“

“Baekhyun?”

            Baekhyun turned around. He forgets what he wants to say once he saw Suho is calling his name. He didn’t realize when he pushed paled Kyungsoo out of the scene. Jongdae immediately caught the King, but the King refuses to be touched by the traitor so Jongdae just rolled his eyes and let the King stood alone.

“If you are done, we need to talk. In the living room, it is an order” Kyungsoo said sternly before left them

            Truth to be said, Kyungsoo didn’t feel quite well. He used too much power to help Suho. By now, he needs to rest. That Baekhyun wouldn’t leave him alone, he knows. He didn’t want to leave the traitor alone with them either. So, he would stay up. He will. He needs to.

            Kyungsoo closed his eyes, utilized every second to take a rest before they came down. Baekhyun needs explanation, so does Kyungsoo. He opens his eyes once he feels everyone is gathered.

            Baekhyun helps Suho to walk, clothes all wet when Jongdae followed them behind. Kyungsoo glanced at the window when he saw other three guys are already there. Then, he straightened his position and ordered them to enter the house. He stared at them as he called all their names, is practically showing daggers to them.

“The guardian of Northwest from Northern Earth Kingdom, Huang Zitao” Kyungsoo called the pale man with panda eyes

“Greeting to our King” Tao bows deeply at him and added apologized afterwards for showing up late

Kyungsoo nodded, asked the man to lift his eyes as they will talk later. Moreover, the said guy seems weaker from the last time he saw him. This talk could wait.

Then he looks at the other guy with the eyepatch on his left eyes and called “The guardian of Northwest from Western Air Kingdom, Wu Kris” back to the other guy who is refused to look at Suho in the eyes “The guardian of Northeast from Eastern Water Kingdom, Zhang Yixing”

            Eyepatch on his left eyes, Kyungsoo has heard about this. It is a tradition from the dragon warrior descendants, is famous with its wise decision and its skill to detect the energy once the barrier is released. Kyungsoo bet that is the way Kris and friends could find them, by sudden energy that comes towards Suho’s soul.

            But he looks at the guy who refused to see Suho even though he is clearly the Prince’s guardian. Kyungsoo noticed how surprised Suho after hearing the tittle. There is only one reason to explain this awkward situation. They have been met before.

Lastly, Kyungsoo glared at the other guy in the room, is the one who is coming from their nemesis’s side, a traitor, Kyungsoo might say “The guardian of Southeast from Southern Fire Kingdom, Kim Jongdae. You do understand that I- we need to hear explanations from you, right?” he then glanced at Baekhyun

            Byun Baekhyun. It is the name Jongdae accidentally slipped on his lips. If Kyungsoo is right, then he is the famous Byun Baekhyun, the guardian of Southwest from Southern Fire Kingdom who unfortunately is the cause of the war between the Kingdoms, is the love of the King of Southern Fire Kingdom.

            Kyungsoo smirks.

            That only explains why Jongdae is there with him.

“Not so innocent, huh?” Kyungsoo approached Baekhyun who looks surprised by the sudden change of atmosphere

            Baekhyun is just too clueless to understand the atmosphere is supposed to be killing a prey, and he is the prey. Jongdae immediately put his sword, which is coming from nowhere and pointed on Kyungsoo’s chest, but Tao is faster. As the latter pushed Yixing gently aside and blocked the swords to touch his ruler’s neck. Fresh blood comes from his arms, but he stays calm as if that is nothing. Baekhyun widened his eyes, looking bewildered at the scene.

“Don’t” Jongdae hissed dangerously and glared at Kyungsoo, his right hand is taking the sword when his left hand pushed both Baekhyun and Suho away from the scene

“I am the King of Northern Earth Kingdom” Kyungsoo pushed Tao away as he faced the sword “is definitely wouldn’t obey your words, traitor”

            There is a thick tension between them. Jongdae refused to back off when Kyungsoo sending threat all over his body. The tension is so great that Suho lifted his head and said.

“It is still my house” Suho mumbled weakly and glanced at Yixing before try his best to glare at Kyungsoo “I don’t know who you are, the King or what, I don’t care. Thank you for helping me, but Baekhyun is my brother” he pulled Baekhyun closer “-and sword is not allowed here, okay? I thought that you need to talk. We definitely need one” then Suho stared at Yixing who hid behind Kris

            With that, Kyungsoo took a step back and Jongdae withdrew his sword. It vanished in the thin air. If only they are in such tension, Baekhyun would be surprised at that as well. But someone was trying to kill him. No, he is not that clueless. He hid behind Suho who caresses his brother’s hair to sooth him.

“Chanyeol wouldn’t like this” Jongdae mumbled to himself and said loudly “You shouldn’t be this hostile. I save your life, is this how you repay me?”

“Correction, you save his life” Kyungsoo pointed at Suho who narrowed his eyes in confused

Jongdae rolled his eyes “I save your life by not letting you show your power. Imagine that he knows that we are in the same side. Your people would be in danger. You don’t want that, King” he mocked the last word and said “Besides, the three of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter