Thirteen

Kingdom of Eclipse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIRTEEN

            The man took a deep breathing before staring at the gorgeous lady beside him. Even she is much older than him, but the beauty is ethereal. It is sad that beauty is hidden by the frown on the face. The Queen couldn’t deceive her sorrowful feelings thus the young King is sad.

“Your smile would brighten the world, but you keep it for yourself. I know it is inevitable, but-” the King said, eyes down in sadness

The Queen looks at the King, eyes fills with tears “But how can I smile, Joon? Unable to protect my son, my daughter, I-“

“You couldn’t change what fate is written to you, Sohee” another Lady coming, with her husband on her side, holding her tight

“It is still my fault, my fault” Sohee keep saying, her voice is low and pathetic

“No, it is not. Stop saying that is your fault. We can’t change the fate. What is done is done” the newcomer man said

            While the Queen crying, an old man comes to the scene. He is the oldest among them, the King of Northern Earth Kingdom, Do Sangwoo. He heard everything, how the Queen should fulfill the fate by sending her children away from the Kingdom. Sangwoo sighed and looked at the bright moon which seems like laughing at their loss. It is sickening, to be honest.

The old man then cleared his throat, earning everyone’s attention “The King of Eastern Water Kingdom, King Kim Joon; the King and the Queen of Western Air Kingdom, King Oh Jinhwan and Queen Oh Semi; the Queen of Southern Fire Kingdom Queen Sohee. There you are” he tried his best to stay calm while everyone who he called bowed at him “The ceremony would be started soon. Let’s get ready” then he stared at Sohee “Park Sohee, I know you are sad, but for the sake of your people, stop being a baby. You need to survive. You need to face your fate. Leave them”

At that said, Jinhwan and Semi glared at the old man, even young King, Joon said “You are so mean Do Sangwoo. She just lost her son and daughter. How can you say that?”

“A mean act is needed when it is needed” Sangwoo stated, looking at all of them “You can cry at the other time, but the ceremony couldn’t wait any longer. There are mouths everywhere and the new Prince should be introduced soon”

Sohee nodded as she wiped her tears away, the King of Northern Earth Kingdom is right, she needs to face it “That is okay. I will be ready. Just- just wait for a minute”

            Then the ceremony has begun. The new, adorable, prince has been brought into the crowd. Queen Sohee took the baby, the next ruler of the Kingdom, the King of Fire.

“And you are my son, you are going to be good and wise, to be surrounded by all nice people, to fulfil the fate written to you-” Sohee stared at the baby who played with his little fingers, trying to touch Sohee’s cheeks which has the trace of tears, he frowned a bit “-to be the next King of the Southern Fire Kingdom” she continued, finally cried when the baby let out a little laugh “My- dear- son, Park Chanyeol”

 

 

 

 

 

***

“Nice work Chanyeol” Ilsik congratulated, patted Chanyeol’s shoulder and smiled “I know that I could trust you”

            Chanyeol keep bowing, letting Ilsik keep talking while his mind is wondering back to the basement. Will Suho and Yixing be fine? Did they get the code?

“If they are not dead yet at least there will be a very deep scar, a gift that I promise. Won’t you happy with that? We finally get everything we want. Nobody would distract us. As I already get the trust from the next King of Western Air Kingdom, we will rule the world. Say something Chanyeol. You are with me. You should stop bowing at me. You know that well, right?”

            When Ilsik stared at Chanyeol, Chanyeol stared back. He nodded, copying the same smirk likes Ilsik but stays low. He has enough. He should end the conversation soon and checked them by his self.

“I- just think that I am not capable enough” Chanyeol lied, stared blankly at Ilsik and added “I should just kill them right away. Should I?”

He really needs to check them right away. Will they be safe? Did they get the code?

“Oh, but the slow torturing is better than a sudden death”

            The man is sick. Chanyeol thought while his hand out of anger.

“You did a great job. Imagine being unable to use any power in the fire- with a healer who couldn’t heal himself. It is great way to make a revenge” Ilsik laughed out loud, flicking his robe “Your job is done for now. I am going to check them by myself. Just take a rest, don’t want to overuse my friend, right?”

            Ilsik rested his head to the side, raising his eyebrows before disappearing into another dimension. Chanyeol gasped at the idea. He hit the ground below him and leaving a burn on the ground.

He hurriedly got out of the room and appeared in his apartment near Baekhyun’s house. The robe he wore changed into casual grey shirt with sweatpants once he opens the door. He tightened his cap. He needs to find someone to warn them about Ilsik, soon. And he got one name in his head already, the most trusted one.

***

“-to be the next King of Southern Fire Kingdom. My dear son-“

            Baekhyun gasped for an air as he opens his eyes. Jongdae is there, looking at him with worried, along with the new substitute professor Kim Minseok, Kyungsoo and his officially boyfriend, Kim Jongin. They decided to meet after college in Jongin’s pastry shop therefore they gather there. Baekhyun didn’t realize that he fell asleep though, the last time he remembers that he heard Jongdae’s complain about how late Kyungsoo and Jongin appeared. Baekhyun hurriedly wipes his drool which decorated most of the flushed cheeks.

“I am sorry, I didn’t realize that I feel asleep” Baekhyun said apologetically

Jongdae chuckled “You must be tired. Just sleep Baek, we don’t mind at all”

“Perhaps you need to give him a handkerchief, babe” Kyungsoo elbowed Jongin who already offered his napkin to Baekhyun

            Baekhyun smiled awkwardly as he took the handkerchief, looking at how serious the conversation continued as he leaned his face on the table, with the handkerchief below him. What are they talking about so serious like that? Baekhyun wondered, but he is too tired to even focus. He yawned once again before closing his eyes slowly.

“I said it once again Jongdae, if Chanyeol really is related, I wouldn’t doubt my single second and kill him right away. You got me?”

“I know I got you, it’s crystal clear. Geez” Jongdae protested “But I am not alone in this argument! Minseok believes me, don’t you?”

“Well, that Chan-guy seems nice when we first met. I am sure that it isn’t faked”

            A ring on the phone, and Baekhyun jolted from his position. It is evening already. They are still in the pastry shop but Jongin is nowhere to be found. Perhaps, do something back in the kitchen. Baekhyun grunted, took out his phone and read the name on the screen.

“It is Yixing hyung” Baekhyun said to the rest of them before taking the phone to his ear “Hello, Y-“ but he furrowed and the phone dropped and he stood up “B-bad news”

“Something is wrong?” Minseok asked

“What is it?” Jongdae followed

“It’s Suho hyung. He said that they are in the hospital. W-we need to go there soon. L-let’s go”

Kyungsoo frowned, he grabbed Baekhyun’s hand “Who is injured?”

“Y-yixing hyung” Baekhyun said thus make Kyungsoo frowned

“Alright, less talking. Let’s go” Jongdae announced thus all of them nodded and went together to the said hospital

            It didn’t help as it is rain heavily, but once they arrived at the hospital, it didn’t need much time to look for them. Suho is overly trembling, on the reception’s desk, finishing documents those seem like hospital’s bills. He looks so messy with bloods, scratches, and dusts are decorated his face. His hair is sticky, eyes filled with tears, cut wounds on the skin, which is not covered by the clothes, completed with the burned and wet shirt.

            Suho looks like someone who is crawling out from death. Well, it is not surprising, considering they are against a King of Southern Fire Kingdom. But for Baekhyun, it is a hell comes true.

            The younger brother ran hurriedly to his brother, widening his eyes while checking his condition at the same time. Surprisingly Suho appeared healthy and fine despite the wounds and the conditions he has. Yixing happens. Baekhyun thought, immediately took a mental note that they are de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter