Epilogue

Kingdom of Eclipse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPILOGUE

            It was a nice, new beginning. With the wind blows in peace, the leaves on trees dance in perfect harmonies. The sun began to go down, hiding behind the mountain, leaving the half of the area in the darkness. Baekhyun stood at the edge of the cliff where the waterfall is located, is looking down at the garden below his feet, the place where everything is started. It might appear calm and relaxing, but for him, the place is none other than a memory.

His mind began to turn in a vortex of time into the past. The memories that he lost at a time, but when he gained it, he couldn’t get rid of it. He now knows why his mind forces him to forget, as he wants to live a peaceful life, a perfect one.

            In the present time, Baekhyun just stared at the garden. He didn’t say anything. He didn’t do anything. He just there, stand still until the moonlight bid her goodbye, then he turned back to the castle.

Baekhyun sighs, leaving the memory alone, and enters the gate.

.

.

.

.

.

            The tree below danced through the warm breeze around, waving their early buds in the perfect harmonies. The sun began to go down, hiding behind the mountain, after covering the day warmly. It is such a nice weather, a bit too nice for a gloomy day for Baekhyun.

“Here you are-”

            A silver hair tall guy, with crown on his head and long glorious red robe on his shoulder, comes up to the hill where Baekhyun stood up. He didn’t even turn around. Baekhyun just stood still, kept looking at the ground below. Chanyeol, the silver hair guy could only sigh.

“Everyone is gathered in the main hall, if you are ready-”

“Just a minute” Baekhyun whispered

Chanyeol couldn’t help it, he asked “It is been two years, Baek-, about the question?”

There is a brief of silence and Chanyeol felt like someone stabbed him on the chest. It could be worse. As the wind blows Baekhyun’s long hair and all he could see is the traces of tears on Baekhyun’s cheeks.

“Baek-“ he called again, but Baekhyun didn’t answer

As Baekhyun turned around, his smiled is as bright as the sky but something is missing, right in the eyes “I know. Just a minute” he repeated himself as he walked pass by Chanyeol and left the King dumbfounded

            Two years have passed, but he still didn’t get his answer yet. The problem is not in him, but the other-

            Baekhyun is shutting himself from the whole world. Not even Chanyeol, his lover. Not even Suho, his brother. Not even Jongdae, his best friend. Baekhyun didn’t tell them what is happened on him, and that worried Chanyeol.

***

“Just ask him again. It is not that hard” Kyungsoo chattered, rolled his eyes as Chanyeol sat awkwardly on his seat

            They are in the meeting in Southern Fire Kingdom. Once in a month, all the Kings of four representative Kingdoms would meet up and hold a meeting while their guardians would wait outside, protected them from unwanted scene. A new tradition they made to execute misunderstanding within the Kingdoms and tightened their kinship.

Ever since they learn about their Kingdoms, they returned to their Kingdoms and started to rebuild everything.  Problems would constantly arise within four Kingdoms. Especially the one about gaining people’s trusts back. Not all the survivors trust the Kingdom that supposed to protect them back then.

Thus, is why, Suho suggested such agreement.

Suho is the first King who get the recognition from his people. The second is Sehun, which didn’t have any problem with his temper, not like Kyungsoo. But rumors spread too fast. It is difficult for Southern Fire Kingdom to get its recognition back. With the three Kingdoms united, Chanyeol finally back to the throne. And that is how the story goes on.

“Excuse me, but what are we talking about here? Is there any problem on your borderline?” Suho asked in confused, is concerned at the papers on his hand

            At that is also Suho’s idea to record everything on the papers. As he explained that people need to know what the Kingdoms are worried. Suho’s openness made Eastern Water Kingdom reignited faster.

“The last time I checked, Southern Fire Kingdom and Northern Earth Kingdom didn’t share the same borderline, hyung” Sehun crossed his hands, looking at two opposite personalities in the room “Is it about Baekhyun hyung?”

Usually, Suho would be extremely angry if the topic is not related to the Kingdoms. However, it is his Baekhyun. Suho put the papers back, and crossed his hands just like Sehun, but clearly glared at Chanyeol this time.

“I have told you if you make him uncomfortable, you should let him live with me” Suho stated clearly

Thus, make the Fire King protested “But I need my guardian on my side!”

“Is Baekhyun hyung only a guardian for you?” Sehun raised one of his eyebrows

Chanyeol gasped “What? No. Of course no! Oh Sehun!” he shouted as Suho stood up from his position and pinched Chanyeol’s ear so hard that it is started to get red

“No, not Oh Sehun, but you, Park Chanyeol” he narrowed his eyes “Yah! What are you doing to Baekhyun this time?” Suho yelled

He pulled Chanyeol’s ears so hard that the latter need to bend down a bit from the tall differences. Chanyeol muttered and didn’t need a clever one to know what he is muttering about. The reason are two Kings in front of him who dare enough to high five on his eyes, the suspects are no other than Kyungsoo and Sehun.

“I didn’t do anything” Chanyeol gave up, tried to hold his voice because only God knows what would be happened if all the guardians enter the room

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and said “That is the problem. He didn’t do anything”

“Excuse me?” this time, Suho turned to Kyungsoo, looking confused

Sehun is the one who answered “Two years hyung. Don’t you think it is too long, already? You should do something. Talk. Anything? You are a King for Goddamn reason. Braveness is your middle name, isn’t it?”

“Alright, I am lost here. Care to explain?” Suho asked

“It is about Baekhyun” Kyungsoo glanced at Chanyeol “You. Explain” he ordered

But Chanyeol exhaled deeply, earning a really frustrated grunt from Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol then said “It is been two years already but Baekhyun didn’t accept me yet”

At that, Suho smirked “Oh, good thing to hear then. I don’t find any problem with that! In fact, this just come to my mind lately, why don’t you two continue your engagement? I mean- I heard that King of Southern Fire Kingdom and King of Northern Earth Kingdom have an arrange marriage-”

            The oldest King bit his lips so that he could maintain his expression. However, none of them bought that. Kyungsoo could tell how Suho’s eyes sparkle in enjoyment, so he rolled his eyes.

“That is an old news” Kyungsoo explained while is resting his head on his hand “The man over there is having someone very-special in his heart while I am not. There is no way I would continue the arrange marriage”

Chanyeol frowned as he protested “I clearly am not into short people”

“In case you forget that Baekhyun is not tall at all” Kyungsoo replied immediately with a snort “-compared to you” he added

Sehun, in the other hand, asked “I don’t understand though. You two love each other deeply, but why he didn’t say yes from your proposal yet?”

Kyungsoo pointed his face in surprised “What? Me and Chanyeol?”

Sehun snorted “Not you two, obviously. I am talking about Chanyeol and Baekhyun, duh! You two love each other deeply, so just say yes on the aisle and you are legal”

            Hearing the innocence from the youngest question, it would be a lie if Chanyeol didn’t feel hurt. He asked the same question for the past two years. Did he do something wrong? Perhaps, Baekhyun doesn’t love him anymore? So, the love is not eternal at all? It is not like Chanyeol couldn’t get the answer, he just doesn’t want to think about it.

Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders, feels devastated.

Looking that make Kyungsoo feels sorry for Chanyeol, so he said “I heard that his mind is occupied. If his mind is occupied with something else, shouldn’t you help him to solve the problem? Maybe that way, he will start to look at you again” Kyungsoo said in so much confidence that Chanyeol rolled his eyes as a replied

“How can I? When what he worried the most is about Dalli and Ilsik. I am such a bad fiancé, am I not?” Chanyeol stated

            The fire King look at them one by one before dropped his back to the seat, eyes on the window as he stared at the moonlight which started to creep in the window. Night has come again, yet he can’t do anything with Baekhyun’s saddened face. Chanyeol blanks on the moonlight started to make Suho feels sorry.

Suho patted Chanyeol’s shoulder as he said “You are not a bad fiancé, it just- can’t be helped”

            As Kyungsoo stared at the ground below and Suho back to his papers, Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. He feels frustrated. That is, just like that? He would like to turn the table around if only the Kingdom belonged to him, but that is not the case. All of them are tiring him. Those silence won’t lead you to anywhere.

Instead, he slammed the table and said “Seriously guys, this won’t lead to anywhere” he shouted and success to make all eyes stare on him “I may be the youngest here, but all of you are just useless upon romance” he pointed his finger to Chanyeol and said “It is not like you are the problem here. You still considered about Baekhyun’s feeling is better than these two on the table. I mean-“

Sehun pointed his finger to Kyungsoo “Kyungsoo hyung didn’t even bother to ask Jongin again when-“ he pointed his finger to Suho “He doesn’t even act like Yixing exits. How many times you turned down the proposal just because you thought nobody see that, huh?”

The youngest King narrowed his eyes to the three on the table “Geez, this is frustrating. I have enough with all of you. You-“ he pointed his finger to Chanyeol again as he said “You better asked Baekhyun hyung the reason or I will shout really loudly here so that they will check on us and look at how miserable their Kings are in the count of THREE- TWO- O-“

            Sehun counted with his finger when the rest realized what was just happened. Those three Kings widened his eyes in panic. All know well what will happen if all the guardians rush in and saw them in such a state. Thus why, Chanyeol reacted fast to shut Sehun’s lips from counting with his hand, then Kyungsoo ran to the door to check the others are not hearing things.

There are them, leaving Suho with blushing cheeks alone “But, there is something I forget to tell you guys- Yixing and I-“

***

“Wait, did you guys hear someone is yelling?”

Kris put his coffee back to the table and glanced at Minseok who sipped his coffee gleefully. Everyone is there, waiting for the Kings to finish the meeting. Ever since the battle ended, all seems having no grudge. It is not like they hate each other from the beginning. They just didn’t meet yet, started from the misconception about the others, and blinded with the hallucinations. All are meant to be good at the others.

Though, not everyone is having good terms like the one named Jongin and the one named Tao who are supposed to be good at each other as they are the people of Northern Earth Kingdom. They have opposite personalities and Kyungsoo came in between. Such a good King if everyone may say, unless the stubborn part.

Luhan frowned “Is it Sehun?”

            Luhan seems worried. Kris just rolled his eyes, because he knows very well the latter just don’t give a with anything except about his King. And that is pretty much conclude why he feels like a third wheel in his own place. He is glad that Minseok said his mind out loud although in very difference intonation.

“Not everything is all about your spouse, Luhan” Minseok said softly

Luhan ignored him as he stood up “Let’s check”

            But there is a hand block them all. It is Jongdae, whose is chuckled at the scene. He rolled his eyes and said-

“Don’t think that is necessary. Perhaps just childish arguments happened there” he explained

“How did you so sure about it? There are four Kings in the room-“ Kris frowned

Tao snorted “Because, trust me, that man on the door just made some devices we didn’t know all but can hear all the conversation inside-“

            Kris widened his eyes in surprise and tried his all to get the device. It really exists, as Minseok now seems interested at the commotion and help Jongdae to hide whatever inside his pocket. Tao comes in help, but nevertheless, Minseok and Jongdae are the best duo. Nothing can break through their defenses.

            Well, there is nothing the teleporter can’t do-

            Jongin slipped in among them, successfully take the device inside Jongdae’s pocket. The latter didn’t even mind to fight him when Jongin saw what is inside. The poor Jongin’s cheeks suddenly reddened and he is the one who hid the device now.

“What? What is so special about it? Why you all try to hide it?” Kris asked

“You are too young for this Jongin-ie, give the hyung the device now” Jongdae chukled and take the device from Jongin

Who whispered to Jongdae only “Are you sure it is not error? Kyungsoo and I broke up a year ago. There is no way he said that-“

“Hmm, is it?” Jongdae wonders

“What did you see?” Yixing asked

But Jongin keeps his mouth shut “I- didn’t see anything”

“Lying doesn’t run in your blood” Tao mumbled

“Guys- no secret, you all promise me!” Kris shouted

Minseok laughed “It is not a secret. It is what people called privacy”

“So?” Luhan asked “I just need to know either my King is in danger or not-“

“He just needs to know either his spouse is in danger or not” Kris interpret

Luhan rolled his eyes, but Jongdae answer “He is as good as everyone. They are just having a childish argument. No big deal” then he turned to Yixing “Prepare for a surprise”

“What a surprise?” not so clueless Yixing asked

“I don’t know. Just prepare yourself. Knowing my King would do anything to save his life, so-” Jongdae shrugged his shoulders and leave

            Minseok chukled, followed Jongdae behind as they approached the only person who is not interested in the topic. Baekhyun stood still near the window. Although is visible, he puts a guard around him, making it impossible for anyone to come near.

“Baekhyun” Jongdae called from afar, looking sad but tried to look normal as possible

“Yes?” Baekhyun asked, clearly faking his smile

            Jongdae has been friend with Baekhyun since child. There is no way he didn’t know when his friend feels miserable. And for those two years, though Baekhyun smiles, it never reaches his eyes.

            But Baekhyun tried his best to look fine, so Jongdae tried his best to maintain that smile.

“Did you hear already? Suho hyung and Yixing are getting married, I think it is time for us to visit Eastern Water Kingdom this time” he said it with a big smile from ear to ear

Baekhyun looks surprised. Though Jongdae can feel the excitement in his eyes, but the pair is still empty as before. Oh, at least they had a reason to celebrate something.

***

            Jongdae put his sword on his back, just in case. He leads the way as Baekhyun walks beside him and Chanyeol followed behind. Thus, because they are the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter