F i v e

Caught in a lie: Park Jimin x reader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stared at the door slammed in my face and stood for what seemed like an eternity. Too embarrassed to be seen like this, I wandered around, searching for a room to hide in.

I could hear people downstairs and peered from a corner where I knew I couldn't be seen.

His parents and brother were back and in the den, talking happily.

I wondered what they'd say if they knew how their son treated me...

That was answered when a girl came in.

She was dressed in a red low cut dress that emphasized her waist. She greeted all of them happily.

"Oh, Eunsoo, you're here?," Jimin's mother stood up and hugged her.
"Yes, auntie. Where's Jimin?"
"He must be in his room. Ugh, Eunsoo his wife is so.. well, she looks dumb. I always wanted you as a daughter in law."

My heart squeezed as if someone clenched it. Even though I didn't know his parents, but it hurt to be somewhere not a single person liked you.

"One day, I will be," Eunsoo winked and smirked. 
"As soon as we get what we want, Jimin will be officially yours," she smiled back at her and all I wanted was to throw money at their faces and run away.

"Where's the wife? Is she with him?"
"Well I don't know. She hasn't come down crying yet, so maybe she's still upstairs?"

And I was glad I didn't go down in my wedding dress, all perplexed like they had hoped.

But there was another problem.

Eunsoo was coming upstairs.

In my haste, I saw a door right next to Jimin's room and dashed in.

It was a store room.

It was dark and cramped in there but I was glad to have found a refuge.

I wasn't so glad when I realized I could hear them from across the wall.

I tried to block them away and stuffed my hand in my mouth to stop the sobbing.

What kind if life is this?

What girl deserves this treatment on her wedding night?

I went to the far side of the room so I couldn't hear them anymore, and to be sure they couldn't hear me crying.

I didn't know I had it in me to cry as long as I did until I saw the sunlight - I had cried the night away.

For what?

A lover who loved my money?

A husband who married me for my money?

A father who washed me off his hands for his wife?

Sure that it was safe for me to come out, I peeked outside, then tiptoed to Jimin's room to get my clothes and get ready for uni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter