T e n

Caught in a lie: Park Jimin x reader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm her husband."

His words echoed in my ears as the old couple went away giggling.

I quickly shrugged out of his reach and looked at him with disgust and confusion.

What was he trying to do?

He hates me. He treats me worse than and then kisses me. Punishes me, then laughs playfully. Humiliates me publicly then acts lovey with me.

Is he trying to irritate me?

Because he succeeded.

Without another word, I sat down and pretended nothing happened. 

I didn't understand what was wrong with him but I did know that he wasn't being nice to me without a reason.


 

During the flight, to prevent it from getting awkward, I put on my earphones.

But he pulled the earplugs out and asked, in a soft voice, "Why didn't you say anything when my mother accused you?"

Huh?

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you clearly helped her, but she insisted on going to the hospital and you, not only did you not snap at her but also agreed with the incredulous idea. Why?"

I couldn't believe my ears. Why was he asking such a lame question?

Inadvertently, I raised an eyebrow.

"Would it have made a difference if I protested that I've only gone out of my way to help her?"

He smiled a little. "No."

I pouted and grabbed my earphones again, but again, he interrupted me.

"But you didn't lose your cool and maintained your temper. If there had been anyone else, they would have something to say," he looked at me, trying to find something in my face.

Your girlfriend's face?

"What are you trying to say?," I sighed. "Just say it."

He smiled again. "I mean, you were clearly pissed at how she treated you after you did so much for her but you didn't say a word to her. I'm trying to figure out why you didn't."

Positively winded by his observation and confused by his interest, I tried to think of an answer more suitable than "I didn't want you to rearrange my face."

I opened my mouth, then closed it again like I was a fish.

"It still wouldn't have calmed her down and she was already scared about the poisons I could have poured in her wound. When my actions didn't get through to her, what makes you think my words would have made a difference?," I said. "Plus, no matter what, she's my elder and I'm taught to respect my elders. And added on top was the fear of what bones you would break of mine later, so," I said, feeling confident with all the other passengers around us.

The last remark brought a big smile on his face that almost made his eyes look like slits.

If I didn't know what he was smiling at, I'd think he looked cute.

"Interesting," he said and left me hanging.

Huh? What was that? He started the conversation, got me to answer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter