T w o

Caught in a lie: Park Jimin x reader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was aware that I looked like I had run away from home but it was true so what could I do, really?

Clutching my bag close to my chest, I made my way across the crowded street and finally saw the cafeteria I was supposed to meet Baekhyun at.

Frantically searching for him, I looked around until someone called, "Minji! Over here!"

And there he was, my man. My love. Sitting with his head leaning on the booth, he called out. I walked towards him hastily and sat in front of him.

"What happened? You look baffled," he asked, concerned.
I tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear nervously. Now is the crucial moment.

"You know how my dad made arrangements for me to marry Park Jimin," I started and he nodded. "Well, I ran away."
He just stared at me like he was expecting me to laugh and say "gotcha" any time.

When I didn't, he gasped, "You did what?"
"He wouldn't listen to me! He said you didn't love me and just wanted the money. He doesn't understand, Baekhyun. If that's what he thinks, how different is it to marry me off to a stranger because his business is on the low? He thinks he'll cherish me as long as I save him, why, because he's wealthy?," I didn't realize I was exasperated. I was scared Baek wouldn't understand.

He just kept quiet for a while as if trying to think what to say.
"So, now I'm here. I'm not Lee Minji, the daughter of Lee Sooman. I'm just Minji. Your Minji."

"I didn't fall in love with My Minji though," he spat out suddenly. "I wanted Lee Minji. Do you think love will sustain us? Keep our bellies filled?," he was full of contempt and I was paralyzed. Why does he speak like he hates me all of a sudden?

"But if I stayed there, he would have married me off to a stranger!," I said, tears pooling in my eyes.
"And that would have been hard on you, princess?," he accentuated the last word as if it was a swear.

How could he call me that! I never wanted any of this!

"You're no good to me without your money, Minji. You should just go back.  I can't marry a poor girl. I have to eat too, you know," and he started to get up as if his business was done here.

"Don't go, please!," I was crying and begging now. I grabbed his hand. "You're the only one I have. I don't need anything else, just you. I forsake everything for you..."

He jerked his hand away and grabbed by chin painfully. He was staring with hatred int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter