Chapter 9

Back Me Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JISOO's POV

The first week was jampacked of meetings with clients and designers. Jennie went overseas so I have not seen her for a week already.  Jennie's secretary told me I have the weekend off, so I felt really great. My actual work has not started yet since I need to gather all the information from the bosses for the plan. It's going to be a Spring Themed Fashion Show so I thought I need to go to the country side to get some ideas for this.

"Jisoo, you're off for the day. Just be reminded we need drafts by next week." Irene said. She's one of the managers here and I guess Jennie told her to help me go around.

"Sure. I'll makse sure of that. By the way Unnie, I don't have to work on the weekends right?"

"Yes."

"Cool. I'm just making sure."

"Do you have plans?"

"Well. Yes."

"You take care and again, the drafts."

"Yes boss."

I packed my weekend bag and went to the country side. Good thing there's this Airbnb that is perfect for what I need. My whole Saturday and Sunday is I went around the neighborhood and went to parks. It's refreshing to have this kind of break though I'm still working but I love this peace of mind that all I need to do is to create ideas.

I was planning to go home by Monday dawn since this town is a 3 hour train to the city. I was waiting for my dinner to be served by one of the famous restaurants here. Suddenly a girl with a short blonde hair just sat infront of me.

"I never thought I'll find you here! This town! and you Miss Kim Jisoo!" I guess I remember her.

"Seungwan.. How are you?!"

"Yah, I told you the last time we met that my name is Wendy. WEN DY."

"But I'm used to calling you Seungwan?"

"You call me Seungwan when were still together. Do you really wanna.."

"No.. No of course. Okay then Wendy it is. What are you doing here?"

"You see that mansion there? I'm currently doing its interior design. How about you?"

"A weekend break. I'm working in the city. Yah, it's been a while. Are you with someone already?"

"No. I'm single and minding my business. It's growing big and I'm still hands-on with everything."

"Son Seungwan. You never changed. You still have trust issues with everyone huh?"

"Are you like.. comparing it why we broke up?"

"Trust your people. That's what I meant. Haha"

Wendy and I were together when we met when I was in Japan. I guess we haven't had a real relationship. More like a companion at that time. We were both struggling with our careers and we found each others comfort. Time comes I have to go back to Seoul and she needs to stay in Japan. Our communication wasn't good and she always doubts everything that I say. I fly to Japan and she told me to forget her and she's not Seungwan anymore, she's Wendy. crazy.

"When are you going back to the city?" Wendy asked.

"Tomorrow. I have to catch the train at 3AM."

"You're kidding me. Kim Jisoo does not sleep at night. How are you able to rest?"

"Ooh. Concerned?"

"I'm just asking. Because I'll be going to the city tomorrow morning too and I'll drive. So, you can join me."

"Are you... do you want to get back to me?"

"Yah! Were friends!"

"Friends? Last time I remember you told me to forget you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter