Chapter 6

Back Me Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JENNIE's POV

Why is there something within me that wants to know Kim Jisoo more? I'm an introvert and I normally don't talk to people except if it's about work When Kai and I dated (we met only twice), he was so jolly and goofy that I just go around with him without exerting any efforts. I was planning to on our third date but he dumped me.

I never really tried dating ever in my life, and that was a first with Kai. My parents are so focused in raising me right that I have to be homeschooled. When in college, they know all my schedule and I have driver and a bodyguard with me all the time.

I am an only child and they just want the best for me. They want me to follow their footsteps.

With all the wealth that I have, I still feel lonely. Yes I can buy anything that I want but at the end of the day, I have no one to go home to. I also have no real friends.

Yes I met a lot of people in my work but no one stays. I just don't know how to initiate a conversation. An employee review stated I am too transactional and I am seem to be cold. But what I want them to know that I am also warm. I also need someone to really dig deep into me and see the real me. But no one ever dares.

Last night was different. I was different. And I have never felt so proud with myself. I initiated to meet people, I ordered food for the both of us, I told her to stay..

Wait, I guess it's still a business transaction. Was it? Yeah. I guess, I asked her to work with me.

 

One week after...

I have been contacting Kim Jisoo everyday sending her message and tried calling her but she is out of reach. I want to ask Lisa or Rose about it but I think that would sound off? Maybe Kim Jisoo doesn't want to be friends with me? Or no, she doesn't want to work with me? She is avoiding me.

Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, you are a hopeless case.

 

JISOO's POV

That one week detox from work makes me feel alive again. Imagine I don't have to take a sleeping pill just to sleep? I went to my place that I bought with no signal so that I won't be tempted to open any gadgets of mine. 

It's a Monday and I feel so refreshed. As I went to my office in YG, I saw Yeri had a deep breath and hugged me.

"Unnie. Life is tough without you." I never thought this brat will be like this.

"Why? What happened?"

"It's hard to make decisions, there's a lot of emails, and... I'm just glad you are back."

"Well. Me too Yerimie. Don't worry,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter