Maybe I Do

Secret File
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun nervously looked at her wrist watch, tapping her finger against the hard wooden table in front of her. She sighed, when she realized that it's been almost four hours since she was sitting in the police department on interrogation. 

After the accident in the store, the police arrived and gathered all people who were in or passed by the store at the moment it was filled with thick smoke. 

As it was revealed the records on the cameras were not available, because all the cameras in the shopping mall were off. 

Yongsun never told anyone what exactly happened. She knew that it's not a good thing to do, but she couldn't say that it was her killer. Though she felt more relaxed as she was sure Byulie was innocent. It made her think of a plan to kill that stranger without worrying that she can harm her crush. 

Before she could break something in the tiny room, where the interrogation was, the door was widely opened and a woman stepped in.

"Yonghee?" Yongsun furrowed. She knew if Yonghee was here, then something serious happened. "What happened?"

The older sister quickly closed the door and took a place in front of her younger sister.

"Hyunbin told me that you're here and he explained the situation in general," Yonghee explained. "He gave me five minutes, before the investigator will come back. Tell me if it was the killer."

"Yeah, it was," Yongsun replied, rolling her eyes. Her sister didn't even ask if she was okay. "She wanted to remind me of herself."

"Okay."

Yonghee stood up and approached to the door without even looking at her younger sister, who nervously gulped.

"When you will take me out of here?" the short haired girl asked, before Yonghee could leave the room.

"Soon."

The bright light entered the room, when the door was pushed, and in a few seconds the small light bulb on the ceiling was the only source of light in the room.

Yongsun was left alone again.

She was left with her worries about Byulie, with her thoughts about the actual killer and a little bit of thoughts about her being hungry. Yongsun groaned, when she heard her stomach loudly growling. She forgot when did she eat last time. And obviously she wouldn't mind to have a proper meal at home.

In this second the door was pushed again and the investigator came in, wiping his wet hands with a small napkin. He approached to the table, looking directly at Yongsun.

"Kim Yongsun, you can go now, but," he fished a paper out of nowhere and put it in front of the short haired girl. "Write down your name and put a sign here."

The agent furrowed and looked down. The were few names and sign on the paper already, and she believed it were people who were also interrogated. Though she didn't find Byulie's name.

"Maybe she is still in the department."

Yongsun quickly wrote down her real name, put a sign and gave back the paper to the investigator, whose name she had successfully forgotten due her hunger.

The investigator picked up his document and pulled his arm to open the door, gesturing Yongsun to come out. The latter stood up and ran outside like the prisoner. Right when she was outside of the small room, she noticed Yonghee sitting on the chair next to some worker. It didn't surprise her though: her older sister had her people everywhere. So they would help her if something happen.

Just like right now.

Yongsun approached to her sister and recognized Hyunbin, the detective of this police department. It turned out that he was Yonghee's best friend since they were born. But Yongsun didn't want to get closer, though she still didn't know why. She just had a bad feeling about him. 

"Hey, here our prisoner is!" Hyunbin exclaimed, noticing Yongsun as well. "If I haven't been here, they would probably arrest you."

Yongsun rolled her eyes, sighing. 

"Here we go."
 
"Hahaha," she fake laughed, grabbing her older sister's shoulder to get her attention. "Drive me home, please. I want to eat."

"Don't you think that you should eat lesser?"

The short haired girl ignored the man, who was laughing at his own jokes and remarks. 

"Yeah, wait a minute," Yonghee replied, smiling to her sister and picking her bag. "I have to go, Hyunbin. See you later."

The said guy just nodded and without any more words, turned his gaze to the computer. Yongsun knew that he was afraid of his own friend, that's why he would always play around with her. It didn't seem that Yonghee was against it, so he was fine.

Yongsun glared at the detective and went out of the building, making sure that Yonghee was following her. She confidently approached to the luxurious black car on the parking, which definitely belongs to her sister, and grabbed the handle, waiting for the latter to open it. But before Yonghee could press the button on her keys, something interrupted her.

"Solar!"

The short haired girl looked back and saw Byulie, who was running towards her. When she was almost there, she noticed Yonghee and frowned, but then acted like nothing happened and got closer to her classmate.

"I thought you are still in the department, because I haven't seen your name in the list," Byulie said, panting. "I was told that I am the last one. Have even you put your sign?"

"Err- I," Yongsun looked at her sister, who was standing not that far from her, watching. 

Yonghee rolled her eyes, when she recognized that desperate plea in her younger sister's orbs, but took some steps forward, and coughed to get the student's attention. 

"What made you think that there was only one list?" she asked, when Byulie turned around. "If you don't mind, we have to go." 

The director lightly pushed Byulie to get closer to her car and her sister. She pressed the button on her keys and the car beeped. Then Yonghee grabbed Yongsun's hand and pulled her to the door of the car.

"Take a seat and don't forget about the belt," she ordered and waited until Yongsun was inside, so she turned around to Byulie, who quietly watched them, the smile disappeared from her face.

"I'm sure you have to go home too," Yonghee smirked and went to her driver seat door, when Byulie grabbed her wrist, stopping her. "What are you doing?"

"May I know your name?" the orange hair girl asked.

Yonghee chuckled and pulled her hand off the student's grip.

"I don't date children, Byulie," she said. "If you don't mind I'll go. I'm a very busy person unlike you."

"Fuuny that you thought I like flirting with oldies," Byulie argued back, crossing her arms. 

It would be a lie, if Yonghee would tell that it didn't hurt her. Because it totally did. Though she didn't know where that feeling come from.

Yongsun believed it was time to step in, when she saw her sister slowly clenching her fist. She opened the window and called Yonghee.

"Unnie, I thought you are busy today," she reminded, innocently smiling to Byulie. "Hurry up. I'm still hungry."

"Yeah, right," Yonghee replied and went to the door, leaving Byulie alone.

When she was taking the seat and starting the engine, the orange haired girl approached to Yongsun's open window, resting her elbows on the top of the car and bending down.

"I'll text you, when I'll buy the dolls, so you could come to my place or I'll come to yours, and we'll end the project before Ms Park kill us," Byulie said, smiling.

Yongsun felt that caterpillars in her stomach turned into the butterflies and started flying, causing the pleasant feeling in her stomach, when she saw her classmate's wrinkles.

"Yeah, sure," she managed to reply, looking straight into Byulie's brown eyes.

The car moved and the student had to take off her hands to be safe, she waved goodbye to her classmate and waited until the car was out of the sight, before going to the bus station. 

The short haired girl closed the window, darting her gaze to her sister, who was looking straight with a small smile on her lips. Yongsun was going to ask her what's so funny, but her sister started talking first.

"I should definitely get to know Moon Byulie closer, when you'll complete the mission," Yonghee said, excitingly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter