Still Waters Run Deep

Secret File
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No, please no."

Yongsun grabbed the mic which was installed in her headphone and shouted to her partner to come there as fast as possible. She didn't care if someone will hear her, all she could care is a person who was lying on the ground with the clothes in blood. The body didn't move, which scared the agent the most. She couldn't tell where her classmate was shot, because blood was all over the shirt and it was dark. So Yongsun decided to find it out. She knew it's not a decent thing to do, but she had no choice. 

The brunette started ing the shirt with her shaking hands. And when she was done with three of them, the person, whose Yongsun was undressing, groaned in pain. The agent looked at her friend's face, noticing half open lids.

"Hey!" She called to get attention. "Hey, Wheein! Do you hear me?"

The short haired girl slowly nodded, widely opening her eyes and noticing her half opened shirt.

"W-what the hell is happening?" she asked, trying to cover herself with hands, but immediately regretting it. "Ouch!"

Wheein clenched her jaw, putting her right palm on the left shoulder.

Yongsun guessed where the bullet got. She touched Wheein's leg and the latter looked at her.

"You have to take off your shirt," the brunette said, but noticing Wheein's doubt, added, "you can take off your left sleeve only, if you want. We have to stop the bleeding."

Wheein nodded and tried to take off the shirt, but stopped after five attempts.

"I can't put my arm up," she frowned. "It hurts."

The sudden idea popped in the agent's head and she quickly pulled out the knife, from her pocket. Before her classmate could even proceed what is the knife for, Yongsun started carefully cutting out the sleeve of Wheein's shirt.

"You are lucky, it's not my favorite one," the short haired girl joked, helping her friend with the right hand. "But you owed me."

"I will buy hundreds of this if you won't die from blood loss," Yongsun promised, finally throwing away the sleeve. 

Then she took out a piece of clean gauze out of her small bag, that was pinned to her belt. But as it was pretty dark, she couldn't see the injury clearly. 

"What happened?" 

Yongsun raised her head and looked at the person, who came out of the bushes. It was Chorong. She had a gun in one of her hand and the small flashlight in the other.

"Come here," Yongsun ordered. "I can't see the injury."

Chorong approched to her partner and the victim, which (she directed the flashlight on the two of girls) turned out to be Wheein.

To Yongsun's relief the injury was not that serious, because the bullet didn't went deep, but it was still inside. The brunette carefully placed the gauze on the shoulder and gestured Wheein to press it with the right hand.

"Yonghee is on her way," Chorong informed, looking around and noticing Eric's body lying in some meters away. "Did he shoot her?"

Yongsun shook her head, checking if Wheein was okay twice, before standing up and looking at the dead body.

"I thought I killed him at first. I didn't checked if he was dead, and went away. When I was going to leave, he shot Wheein," Yongsun explained emotionless. But deep inside she was scared of Yonghee's decision about her classmate. "Well, actually, he was going to shoot me, but she appeared out of the blue and covered me with herself."

Chorong darted her gaze to Wheein, who was listening to them attentively.

"How did you get here?" she asked her student. "It's not like your tent is nearby."

"I followed Solar," Wheein simply replied, like following people is a common thing to do. 

"You what?" Yongsun re-asked, getting surprised. "Why did you follow me?"

Wheein pout her lips, thinking about the answer.

"Let's just say that I knew it wouldn't end well," she finally answered, looking up at her classmate. "I have my own reasons to hide the truth. I would be more glad of you just thank me. I saved your : everybody in agency should thank me."

This time Chorong got surprised as well.

"How did you know about the agency?" she asked, still keeping the light on the victim's face. 

"Like I have said, I have my own reasons," Wheein repeated. "Don't even try to fish something out from me. I won't tell until I think it's time. You better hurry your people, I'm not immortal."

Chorong sighed and threw the flashlight to her students, before going away to make a call. Yongsun turned off the flashlight, because she felt comfortable asking her classmate the question that was in her mind in the darkness.

"May I ask you only one question?" she quietly asked and heard Wheein humming. "Did you know about it from the start?"

Wheein was silent.

Yongsun felt sad, when she was sure her classmate won't answer, but after some stressful seconds, she heard the reply.

"Yes, I knew it from the very start."

 

Yongsun entered her tent and got in her sleeping bag. She yawned and rested her head on a pillow that seemed to be stuffed with rocks. It was already bright outside, but she knew she needs even an hour of sleep.

After Wheein was treated, Yonghee arrived and took Eric's body to her car. She just threw it in the trunk, while Wheein took a seat next to the director. The short haired girl didn't seem to be scared of Yonghee or something like everybody do, because she looks serious. 

Wheein agreed to keep everything in a secret and left the camp to heal her wound. But she still kept silent about her secrets. Nothing could change her mind. So she left, asking Yongsun to visit her as soon as possible.

Yonghee told her workers to be more careful and to think out a story to tell the other students about Wheein. She got inside of the car, but before she could start the engine, the director noticed her younger sister texting her from her wrist watch. Yonghee frowned and without any words and reply, quickly drove away, not even looking at the sender. 

Yongsun tossed in her sleeping bag, checking of her sister texted her, but when nothing came up, she sighed. Her only message was left without reply.

To: Yonghee unnie
"Don't even try to do something to Wheein. She is on my watch and I will deal with her later. - YS"
1:58 AM

She knew that Yonghee didn't like breaking the rules, and her sister was already planning on killing Wheein, while they are be on their way. But Yongsun hoped the director will trust her and let Wheein live.

The next thing that filled the brunette's head was Wheein. How did this puppy find out about everything? Did she hear Ms Choi, when she was at their place? But Wheein said, she knew it from the start. So it was when Yongsun-Solar first entered the school. Maybe Wheein was a secret agent too? But she was 17, no way a company would take a risk to hire a student. Or maybe Wheein is not 17 and she's hiding her real age just like Yongsun? Then what is her mission? Byulie's development? Is she that agent that was sent to steal it too? But Wheein was friends with Byulie for a quite a long time? Is she working that long? The why did Wheein saved Yongsun? She supposed to get rid of a person who makes troubles. 

Yongsun was that deep in thoughts that she haven't noticed how her precious hour of sleeping came to it's end. She was kicked out of her thoughts, when she heard Chorong calling her from outside. 

"Kim Solar!" The teacher shouted. "Don't make me get in your tent and repeat what I did in the bus. We are gathering around the field. I have to make an announcement."

Yongsun groaned, signaling that she is not sleeping. But she wanted to go sleep so badly. Her lids almost closed, when she got out of the tent. Actually she has never felt that tired. Yongsun collected all energy that was left in her knackered body and followed Ms Park to the place of meeting, still keeping her lids half open.

 She noticed that there were everybody around the field already and she was the last one. The students felt worried.

Chorong took a place in the center so everyone could hear and see her. But as the students talked to each other about what the topic might be, nobody noticed the teacher. Ms Park chewed her lower lip, thinking of the solution. She never had to make someone silent. Well, she did have, but she just shoot them, so obviously

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter