Never Trust Anyone

Secret File
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Bring me the cordiamin," Bomi ordered to one of the nurse, but quickly pursed her lips, thinking about the drug. "Bemegride. 2 ampoules, hurry."

The doctor carefully took the drip out of Yongsun's vein, replacing in by another catheter. Some point the other doctors were busy with the mess in the patient's room, which was abviosly made by the killer. 

Though Bomi was grateful that the stranger left the ampoul of the drug, he poisoned Yongsun with, she couldn't understand how it was possible to get in this room, because such rooms were separated from the others. They had the most reliable security system in this hospital, yet someone sneaked it anyway. 

Yonghee stood in the corner of a large room to let the doctors freely run in and out. She checked the time, when two nurses hurriedly entered the room with two milligrams of bemegride. The director realized only two minutes passed since the drug began to have the influence on her younger sister's body. As far as she knew they have to get the antagonist in Yongsun's circulatory system in four-five minutes after being poisoned. 

Bomi, being the professional she is, grabbed the syringe and quickly put in the catheter, pushing the plunger in. She looked up at the monitor, checking her patient's pulse and the condition in general. She sighed in relief, noticing that she came in just in time. 

The doctor pulled out the syringe and put the piece of wool on Yongsun's arm instead. She gave the used syringe back to the nurse and looked around the room, searching for her friend. When Bomi noticed Yonghee standing in the corner, she smiled and approached the latter, who was already feeling awkward.

"How is she?" Yonghee asked, before her friend could open the mouth to say something.

"Not really well, but her condition will be improving since I gave her bemegride," Bomi explained, putting her hand in the pocket and fishing the empty ampoul. "This was on her pillow, when I entered the room."

Yonghee took the ampoul and read out loud,

"Sodium thiopental?"

"Yes," Bomi nodded. "It's called Death Injection as well. This was used to kill people some years ago. Apparently it is now. It's nice that the stranger decided to leave this, so I could know what to give your sister."

Yonghee furrowed.

"But it wasn't nice to sneak in and try to kill Yongsun," she argued, still fidgeting the ampoul in her hands. "I thought this room is well protected, though. We'll have to put guards here, so she won't be poisoned again."

"I don't think it is needed," Bomi replied, looking at her co-workers that were cleaning the mess and checking Yongsun. "I think this action was something like a hint. As if the stranger said 'Look what I am capable of'. He didn't want to kill Yongsun, because he left the ampoul. I guess this killer wants to take things slow, to tease us, Yongsun. He wants to torture Yongsun."

Yonghee chuckled.

"I will kill this person before he could even think about the next step," she confidently said. "I think I know who is this killer."

Bomi raised her eyebrow darting her gaze on her friend, and gesturing to continue.

"When I entered the hospital some minutes ago, I bumped into a person, whose face was covered by a mask," Yonghee explained. "His hair were also hid by a large hood. What loser would wear a hood and a mask on this weather? I saw two red stripes on his sleeve, when he almost fell down. After this he quickly left without saying anything. I do have a feeling that it's not just a simple match."

The doctor shrugged her shoulders.

"Maybe we'll ask Yongsun about if she saw him already, when she wakes up," she offered. "If she had seen him, you can freely do whatever you want with him."

"Why can't I start now?"

"Did you forgot how many innocent people suffered because of you?" Bomi playfully asked, causing a small smirk on her friend's face. "I'm saving myself from tons of complaining people."

Yonghee sighed.

"It was many years ago and you still bring it up," she complained. "Right now I am a grown up, who can think properly."

"You know what," the doctor said, before Yonghee could complain more. "People never change. And you didn't either."

 

A short haired girl entered the hospital and went to the elevator, pushing the button with her nose and ignoring the stares from the people around. She has never thought that living with only one arm working is that hard, though she slowly tries to get used, since her left arm lost the ability to move as it was put in the hard gypsum. 

Wheein smiled to herself, when she heard the bell ring, signaling that the elevator came. When the steel door opened, she entered the large room and put the bag with fruits on the floor to push the button she needed. Then she picked the plastic bag again, watching at her reflection in the mirror coverings of the elevator's walls. 

The bell rang again and the student went out, noticing a woman standing right in front of her. Wheein looked up and saw her friend's sister, who was staring at her with serious face. 

"We need to talk," Yonghee said and turned around, grabbing Wheein's wrist, so the latter will follow her. She went to Bomi's cabinet.

The student sighed, being irritated, but she let it be. She already knows what Yonghee was going to talk about. 

They entered the room and Yonghee let Wheein's wrist out, quickly taking a place on a soft sofa. She nodded on the chair in front of her, gesturing her young "friend" to sit down. 

Wheein did as it was told and darted her gaze on the woman in front of her, putting the plastic bag on her knees, as if trying to save it from Yonghee. She bit her lower lip, getting ready to act like she isn't aware of anything.

"What do you want to talk about?" Wheein asked, voice calm and quiet. It looked like they did it many times, but actually it was the first time Yonghee confronting her sister's best friend. And it was the first time for them to have the conversation as well. 

Yonghee was surprised that Wheein wasn't shocked or at least she didn't looked shock. 

"I was wondering if you can help me with one mission," Yonghee said, putting her hands together. "It was Yong- Solar's mission, but apparently she is not being able to complete it, as you can understand."

"Let me clarify some things before you could continue what you are saying," Wheein interrupted, when Yonghee stopped talking for a while. "Firstly, don't bother hiding things from me. I do know that Solar's name is Yongsun. I do know that you're her older sister. Secondly, I don't know who tried to kill your sister twice. When the killer attacked us for the first time I was unconscious. Thirdly, I am not a secret agent from another organization. I'm seventeen and I am a student of a high school. Though I am sure you've checked it before."

Yonghee kept silent. She haven't expected Wheein to be that into everything. Chorong mentioned earlier that Wheein told them that she knows everything about them, but she wasn't ready for this.

About a minute passed, and Wheein stood up, regretting following Yonghee. She put away the plastic bag from her knees and was going to leave.

"Stop!" Yonghee ran up to the student, blocking the door. "I'm sorry about this. I didn't expect you to be that informed about my company and workers. But try to place yourself in my situation. A stranger who knows everything even if it's a secret information. Wouldn't you feel freaked out?"

"I guess I do," Wheein replied, shrugging her shoulders. "But you don't have to be worried. I won't tell anyone about this."

Yonghee put her hands in the pockets of her black jeans. She was still pinning herself to the door.

"I wouldn't be worried if you told me how did you know about this at the first place," she stated, watching Wheein rolling her eyes. "See? You won't tell me. That's why I don't trust you."

Wheein sighed, pouting her lips. She realized that it will be hard to keep a secret with Yonghee, because that woman was way too assertive. But she has to be more assertive.

"I have told Chorong many times and I don't like repeating," the student slowly said, getting closer to Yonghee. "I won't tell you until I'm sure it's time. Chorong accepted it and I wish you do so too. As for now I want to visit Yongsun, because she is about to wake up."

Yonghee furrowed.

"How did you know that? She's still unconscious," she was surprised and felt fear so some reason.

Wheein shrugged her shoulders once again, lightly pushing Yonghee to the other side, so she could grab the doorknob. She pushed the door and darted her gaze on the woman, who wasn't doing anything, but stare at her in amusement.

"Well, don't you think it's time for her to wake up, Yonghee?" Wheein asked back, smirking. "A week passed already, she has to wake up today."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter