Red Stripes

Secret File
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You are my target, Kim Yongsun-ssi."

A shot was heard and the body fell on the ground with a loud clatter.

Yongsun put the gun back in her pocket as she made sure that her enemy was killed. One of the things that made her the best is that she never hesitates. Yongsun always does what she thinks is a right thing. In this case killing this unknown woman who shot a dart in Wheein and said that she came to kill the blonde was the right thing to do, as Yongsun thought.

She came closer to the woman that was lifelessly lying on the ground, noting every detail to be able to describe her to Yonghee. The killer was wearing a simple black raincoat with a large hood. The were two red stripes on each sleeve. Yongsun also noticed the 'M' letter on the right sleeve. 

When Yongsun was reaching to put the mask off the face, she heard a quiet groaning behind her. She saw Wheein, who tried to get up, but actually couldn't do so.

The blonde quickly ran to her friend to check her. 

"Hey, don't move," Yongsun said and helped Wheein to sit up. "I'll bring you to my home."

Wheein didn't mind, she just wanted explanation. 

The blonde worriedly looked at the body in front of her, sighed and got up with the younger on her hands. It was not that difficult, because Wheein was almost weightless. Or Yongsun just did a great job at the gym. The agent headed to her temporary house, glancing at the body of her killer. She wanted to know who it was and ask for more if the person haven't died yet. But she decided that Wheein was her priority now.

Once she was in front of the door, it was opened widely by the owner. Ms Choi didn't asked anything, she just helped Yongsun to enter the house and to put already unconscious Wheein on the sofa.

"Take care of her," Yongsun whispered, slowly coming to the exit. "I'll be right back."

Ms Choi nodded and the blonde ran all her way to the killer. 

When Yongsun was there, she saw nobody. The blonde even checked twice if she is on the right place. But there was no track of her enemy, like it has just disappeared. No tracks of blood. Nothing.

But the agent clearly remembered how she shoot the woman. She couldn't miss. She is the best after all.

Knowing that it's useless to try finding that woman, Yongsun ran back to get house, where her friend was.

"What happened?" Ms Choi asked as Yongsun closed the front door and took a seat next to Wheein.

"I was ordered," the blonde replied, taking out her gun. "I suppose the killer shoot a dart in Wheein just to show me what can she do. I shot her, but I can't find her body there."

Ms Choi took the edge of blanket under which the younger girl already was. 

" Have you told Yonghee already?" 

The blonde shook her head.

"And I don't want to."

"Why?"

Yongsun sighed and glanced at Wheein.

"She might think that I am failing my mission," the blonde confessed. She started playing with her fingers to calm her down. "It's my first day and I already have victims."

Ms Choi sadly smiled and got up, checking Wheein for the last time, before heading out of the room to prepare spare clothes.

Yongsun approached to Wheein and looked at her, putting her palm on the younger's hand and lightly squeezing it as if checking if Wheein is really sleeping and not listening to what Yongsun had said to Ms Choi. When she made she that her friend is really sleeping, the blonde sighed, taking away her hand and going upstairs.

"I have to think of a story to tell Wheein, when she'll wake up... Wait, her parents must be worried of her!"

With that Yongsun rushed to Ms Choi.

"Ms Choi, what should we do with Wheein's parents?" she asked, entering the wardrobe section.

Her fake mom put the clothes for Wheein on the counter and went deep in thoughts for a while.

"They live in the neighborhood, right?" Yongsun nodded. "Oh, I'll visit them then and tell that Wheein will stay here today, because you two want to get to know each other better. I do know the Jung family. They are nice people and I'm sure they won't mind. Now go upstairs and get some rest. I can tell you had a difficult day."

The blonde thanked Ms Choi and went upstairs again. She lazily opened the door to her room and flopped on the bed with her eyes closed. Some minutes passed and she opened them, deciding to change her clothes. 

 After changing the clothes the blonde threw her uniform on the ground and finally wrapped herself in the comfy blanket, going deeper in the dream land.

Yongsun woke up in the middle of the night, because she felt something heavy sitting on her. She opened her eyes and saw Wheein smirking.

At first she couldn't understand what is happening. Why Wheein was in her room in the middle of the night? Why is Wheein  sitting on her? Why is Wheein smirking? Why is she holding her gun? Wait.

A gun?

Her gun?

"What are-"

Of course she was cut off.

"Why didn't you tell me that you are a secret agent, Solar?" Wheein asked, pointing at the closet, where the older left all her weapons. "And why do you need to steal Mr Moon's development?"

At this time the brunette was pointing at the wall behind them, where Yongsun hung every photo that was sent to her, every information that she got, the plan that she had. Yongsun actually liked hanging everything connected to her mission on the wall. It helps her to find the right thing faster. But right now she realized how dangerous it might be.

"I-it's not what you think it is," she tried to get up, but Wheein turned out to be heavier than she was few hours ago. Yongsun couldn't even move.

"Really?"

Wheein took out the blonde's ID card. The real one.

"Solar? Or I should call you Yongsun?" the brunette threw away the card, getting closer to her friend. "I thought you are the normal one. I hoped that you will trust me. But all you need is that freaking substance?I wish Byulie had killed you then."

Yongsun furrowed.

"What are you talking about?"

Wheein laughed, ignoring the question and aiming at Yong's forehead.

"If she can't kill you, then I will."

The blonde closed her eyes, and heard a shot.

". Again."

The blonde wiped her cold sweat on her face, panting. 

She quickly looked around and saw her gun on the table, then her eyes darted to the closet full of weapons and finally to the wall that was pierced many times.

"I should hide all this," Yongsun said to herself, jumping off the bed.

She carefully collected all the photos, papers and nails, putting them inside the case under her bed. The weapons went there too by the way. 

Yongsun looked around, getting proud of herself. Then she took her gun and put it under the pillow in any case. 

Yongsun groaned, when she heard loud knocks. She pressed the pillow to her both ears, but still could hear these irritating knocks. So she had to get up and approach to the door, scratching her head.

When the blonde opened the door, a yawn quickly disappeared from her face. 

"Wheein?"

There in front of her stood the brunette. It was obvious that she had just woken up as well. Her brown hair were in a mess, like the birds decided to use her head as a nest. She smiled to Yongsun and entered the room without permission. When the younger flopped on the blonde's bed, the latter came closer, confused.

It took a second to Yongsun to replay everything that happened before she went to sleep, including her nightmare.

"Why did you come here?" the blonde carefully asked. She really hoped Wheein don't remember anything.

"Ms Choi said that I can use your bathroom," Wheein replied in a sleepy voice. Then she sat up and looked at Yongsun. "It's so fun. She said that I came here yesterday and decided to stay for the night. But I don't remember anything."

"You don't?"

Wheein nodded her head, looking around.

"I'm sorry if you told something important yesterday and I don't remember it," the brunette apologized. "It's like I was drunk yesterday, though I can't."

The blonde smiled. She was glad that Wheein don't remember anything and that she didn't find out about the secret.

"It's okay," Yongsun said, patting Wheein's messy head. "We went to sleep yesterday early, so we haven't talked much. I had a great time. Now go to the bathroom if you don't want to be late for school."

Wheein pouted.

"You look young, but you sound like my mom," she noted and rushed to the bathroom, before Yongsun could slap her.

The blonde headed downstairs, grabbing her school uniform, to check Ms Choi, who was already cooking the breakfast. 

"Morning," she greated, entering the kitchen. "Wow,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter