"I don't believe in birthday wishes."

A Couple of Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ever since that day, Chaeyoung's thoughts had been preoccupied, she couldn't focus most of the time, in which Lisa and her leads to arguments when it comes to dance practices. One of the reasons why she insisted to stay behind in the practice room for tonight. Plus, Seokjin has been ignoring her. She tried asking him from s but ended up deleting the messages she wrote right away.

"Okay that's it, what's wrong?" She was startled when the door of the practice room opened and a tired looking Jennie entered with her bags. It seems like she changed her mind of going home for the blonde. 

Chaeyoung laughed a little, "Eonnie I'm fine." 

The small brunette slumped her tired body at the wooden tiled floor of the practice room next to Chaeyoung who was leaning her back at the wall mirror. She heaved a deep breath as her eyes squinted at her dongsaeng. "I don't really like meddling with my member's relationships but if it's needed you know that I can't just stand there and do nothing." Jennie started, her squinting eyes never left the blonde.

"Did you two had a fight?" Upon hearing those words, Chaeyoung didn't even hide. It's no used anyway, she knows her Jennie eonnie and the latter won't ever stop until she squeezed the information out from her.

Chaeyoung thought for a good few moments, "Eonnie what if I tell you that I made a huge mistake? A mistake that I can never undo and now it's taking a toll in me." The younger one doesn't really know how to start, should she explain the whole ordeal why she was tangled in this position? She doesn't know. 

Jennie ponder a bit before pursing her lips and made a clicking sound from her tongue. "Well, do you regret it?" 

"Of course I do!"

"I mean, do you still regret it now?" She repeated the question with more clearer point. The blonde couldn't answer immediately, she was again lost in her thoughts. 

That's the thing. Chaeyoung should've still be regretting it but on her birthday, those lighted candles turned her mind and heart into a whole mess of disagreements. 

The blonde absentmindedly fidget her nails, and voiced the lowest whisper she could. "... I know I should be."

Jennie fixed her positions, she went from laying down to seating next to her dongsaeng who is facing the dull looking white wall. "Infatuation can be deceiving sometimes but never mistake it as 'love' because if you do? You'll only not hurt yourself but others as well." 

"So, you're saying that I'm only infatuated with him, eonnie?" Chaeyoung turned to her, she still looked lost as ever and any answers would look promising to her even with the most foolish idea since she seeks for it. But Jennie won't allow that, she couldn't bare to see the blonde getting hurt again. Chaeyoung had been through so much already and another heartache could create a permanent scar.

"Not with your boyfriend. The other one!" Jennie almost snap at her. She can be really impatient with dumb people, not that her dongsaeng was one of them but Chaeyoung can be sometimes mostly when the topic was the 'L' word. 

The brunette released a sigh for the second time. "I know you had this huge crush on him for so long but you can't love a person you don't really know, Rosie." That's the truth. You just can't okay? If anything, it would still not be love. Love is so much deeper than it's meaning, so if you say you 'love' someone? You and your soul should be ready to commit with that person. 

"Love is like a conversation. The more you know each other? The more it develops and get deepens. You can't love someone who you never talked to before."

Jennie met her gaze and saw the confusion that crossed her features. So she forced her lips to smile and said those unfiltered words. "I'm implying you don't love Jeon Jungkook."

Chaeyoung's gasp resounded to the whole practice room. "H-how did you know it's him? I've kept it a secret to anyone of you."

The brunette rolled her eyes. "I see you okay? The envy in your eyes when our maknae received gifts with the initials J.JK before, but then your eyes gradually brightens the moment Jin came to your life." Jennie even wiggled her eyebrows like she's been teasing the blonde and Chaeyoung couldn't help but to shake her head, finding her eonnie absurd. 

However Jennie didn't stop just there even with the growing red tint on Chaeyoung's cheeks. "You always complain but you never even realized that you've been talking about him longer than Lisa talks about Taehyung." Now that's really absurd, how could she? Lisa was head over hills with that handsome baby man, no person can outwit her when it comes to boasting or whining about her boyfriend yet here is Jennie telling her that she talks more than Lisa? Absurd. That's what it is.

Jennie saw the forming frown on her dongsaeng's face. She quickly clapped her hands and pointed at her confused facial expression as she giggled very loudly, like she had proven the point of a lifetime. "See that? Love really works very mysteriously."

Maybe her eonnie was right, maybe she does proven her a point but wasn't she too late? Or is she just too scared for changes? 

Chaeyoung shake the sensation clouding her mind as she turned to the older one with a grin now plastered on her cheeky face. "So does that mean, you like Yoongi oppa?"

Jennie's eyes widen like saucers. formed an 'O' but she immediately closed it right away when she couldn't find a better words to retort. "What? Rosie! This is not about me!" She then quickly denied and her voice was very squeaky that Chaeyoung held her stomach to laugh at her funny eonnie. 

She continued to teased pointing at her while still laughing so hard. "I mean, you always complain about him but you never realizedー"

"This is what I'm getting for being a good eonnie?" Jennie stood up, ready to leave but Chaeyoung held her wrist and with one last grin she say, "Oh, you know that I love you wifey."

 

 

 

The talk with Jennie gave Chaeyoung some courage to ask Namjoon about Jin’s whereabouts. The latter was the closest to her and with her Jisoo eonnie’s help they were able to know where Jin is, since the moment he walked out on Yoongi’s birthday Namjoon told them that Jin stopped staying at their dorm, he was purposely staying at his secret place and only goes to Hybe Building if they need to shoot or do practices and recordings. 

Luckily, Namjoon met with Jin earlier and was able to take a peek on his schedule that was saved on his phone. He will be dining at La Rose Blanche, a new famous french restaurant in Gangnam-gu. It was not yet that long since it has been built but the place is famous with celebrities and tycoons for its security. The said restaurant is mainly exclusive with VIPs but of course they are welcome with commoners as well. 

When Chaeyoung searched for it, she found out that the founder of La Rose Blanche also known as The White Rose is a Kim, with one person in mind? She knows a certain Kim who have strange likings in French cultures and their language. Though it can also be just a big coincidence. 

Nevertheless, Chaeyoung had put effort on her look that night. She wore a black sequin mini dress that was made from Italy which the YSL team gifted to her on her birthday. The dress is long sleeve that features a V-neck with knot detail

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter