"J.A.L.S." #6

Just Another Love Story

 

 
[JustAnotherLoveStory #6]
 
 
Nicole had to go for her usual check up and Hyun Joong accompanied her. The baby was fine, fortunately but the gender was still unknown. She smiled widely at the picture the doctor gave her of the ecography. Her baby. Sparks appeared in her eyes. They were shining. Looking at that creature growing inside of her. It felt great. She was going to be the mother of that kid and no matter what happened she would have done anything for him. On Hyun Joong's face curved a smile watching her.
 
" Oppa.. you think I'll be a good mother, right? " he caressed her head and gave her a reassuring smile.
 
They went to watch a movie. A horror one and Nicole who tried her best to keep her cool didn't miss to jump once in awhile and hold strongly on her oppa's arm. I missed it. You holding onto me. She raised her brows wondering what was going through his mind and he just flashed her a smile.
 
 
" At least now I know that you didn't change completely.. Always wanting to watch horror movies but you get scared of it " he chuckled messing her hair. She stuck her tongue out. She actually has never watched a horror movie when he left and she was happy to finally be able to do it again.
 
They went to eat and they ate a lot. They had some kind of competition as they used to and as usual Nicole won. Her appetite was really amazing but let's face that Hyun Joong was a guy and of course he could have eaten more.. It's just that he has always liked letting her win and see that satisfied face of her.
 
They bought bread and headed to the park where they played with the birds and gave them to eat. I missed all of this, oppa. She thought to herself and ran after Hyun Joong who threw a ball on her. It was the ball of two kids who had the ball going towards the two. They started playing with the kids and had a lot of fun.
 
 
It was about 7 p.m. when they got home. They were chatting happily when they turned the corner and saw Hara at the door. She was sitting on the stairs with her chin on her palms and her elbows on her knees. The two stopped on their tracks and looked at each other with a questioning face.
 
" You're here " she exclaimed seeing them. She smiled and stood up to give Hyun Joong a kiss and Nicole a warm hug.
 
" We didn't know you were here.. did you wait for long? " asked Nicole worriedly. Hara shook her head but both Hyun Joong and Nicole knew it better. The expression she had on her face when they saw her said it. She has waited patiently for hours there and she was quite down.
 
Hyun Joong went to change his clothes and just then he checked on his phone. Hara has called him countless times and even sent him a lot of messages. He heaved out a sigh and threw his phone on his bed. Nicole on the other side was with Hara in the kitchen and as a good friend she apologized and tried to bring up her mood. She told her that she had a check up that day. Hara as the nice and innocent girl she was just shook her head and reassured Nicole with a smile " Don't worry.. since it's you it's fine "
 
Even if she had a feeling that Hyun Joong has regained his feelings for his first love.. no matter who that girl was.... she was sure that Nicole was her friend and would have never done anything to hurt her. She didn't have anything to worry if she was living with Hyun Joong and was spending a lot of time with him.
 
 
---cCc---
 
 
PRINCE was at the basement relaxing themselves as their usual. Yoochun had a couple of girls in his arms, TOP was sitting comfortably with his legs crossed and a book on his lap while Hyun Joong was playing something with his guitar in a corner. Heechul walked towards him and watched him quietly.
 
" She doesn't deserve it, Hyun Joong " the guy called in question stopped playing his guitar and looked up at his hyung. He knew he was referring to Hara and sighed.
 
" If that girl has moved on.. you have to move on too " Hara must have told him about her.
 
When Hyun Joong went to the U.S. he wasn't happy at all. He was leaving Nicole who was so upset that didn't even come to see him off. Arrived in the U.S. he quickly got  a lot of friends and also a lot of girls approached him as well. He often talked about Nicole, how funny and smart she was but never mentioned her name. When one day a friend of his asked him if he was in love with this girl.. just then he realized that maybe he was. No girl could compare and went close to what Nicole was for him. Everytime a girl confessed her feeling for him he politely rejected her saying that there was someone in his heart already. That's also what's happened when Hara confessed to him but instead of crying and giving up on him like the other girls did she smiled at him and said that she wouldn't have pretended to be the one immediately. It was fine just to go out and be together despite knowing that he wasn't feeling the same for her. As time passed seeing what a nice girl she was and how dedicated she was he started to be attached to her as well and thought that he got over Nicole after all.
 
That until his mother told him that they were going to head back to Korea. He didn't wait for her to say it twice that he had his luggage ready. He hasn't talk to Nicole for years as she has never answered to his letters but he wanted to see and talk to her so badly. That's what he did as soon as he got off the plane. He took a cab and headed to her place. There he saw how much she has changed and how things between them has changed as well. Fortunately they got over it and they were now back to the old good times.
 
Heechul shook his from his shoulder " Yah, did you hear me? Stop thinking about that girl.. She is living her life and you should do the same "
 
 
---cCc---
 
 
" Hey, aren't you eating that? " Nicole pointed at the toast. Hara shook her head and handed it to her knowing that she wanted it. Nicole accepted it happily and ate it. When she saw her friend in daze. She had her eyes down and it seemed that something was bothering her. She elbowed her " What's happening? " Hara shook her head and smiled but Nicole knitted her brows knowingly " Come on, you know you can tell me "
 
Hara took a deep breath. She looked straight at her friends eyes. Yeah, I can tell her. She's my bestfriend after all " It's not doing well between me and oppa lately " she told her about being scared that maybe he doesn't love her anymore. If he ever did....
 
" Are you kidding me? Why do you think that way? If it's for me you don't have to worry you know that, right? " Nicole said nervously feelings sorry for her friend. Hara shook her head and hugged her tightly " I know that, Nic " she gave her a kiss on her cheek and Nicole could breath in relief she wasn't the cause of it " then what's the matter? Why do you think oppa doesn't love you anymore? That's not true "
 
Hara released the hug and pouted. She then decided to tell Nicole the whole story behind her and Hyun Joong. How she has practically forced herself on him because he used to love another girl. The girl that he has left before going to the US.
 
" You understand now, Nic? Maybe he realized that he has still feelings for that girl.. they grew up together after all and made a lot of memories " Nicole was frozen. Her mind was literally blank. Speechless. In shock and disbelief. Hara was now holding tight onto her hands asking for an opinion, advice but....
 
She started to pant heavily as something was digging her heart. Her heart was beating fast, so fast in her chest that it could explode at any moment. It hurt.
 
" Nicole, Nicole " Hara called her name repeatedly and finally she snapped out of her daze.
 
" I'm sorry " she stood up. She apologized before running way. She ran fast like escaping from an indescribable pain. She stopped just when her legs stopped on their own and she fall on her . She was all sweaty and out of breath. Heart still racing and in pain. The pain was still there and was so strong that tears started to fall unknowingly.
 
That feeling of having too many questions too many things in mind that you don't know where to start so everything just goes blank. Confusion, frustration. She screamed in anger and the sky seemed to have heard her as not long after it started to cry with her. It started to rain and she didn't move from her spot. Raindrops rolled down her cheeks with her tears.
 
 
" Nicole.. Nicole " someone was calling her. She heard it. She felt her body lying, rain still falling but she didn't have the strength to open her eyes and stand up. That voice kept on calling her. Who was that? She felt being lifted.
 
 
When she opened her eyes she was lying on her bed under her sheets. She touched her forehead and there was a towel on it. She suddenly heard the door opening and she quickly shut her eyes pretending she was still asleep. It was Hyun Joong holding a tray with a cup of tea and biscuits. He placed it on the bedside table and took a seat.
 
What's happened to you? He caressed her cheek but she brushed it away. Hyun Joong was taken aback but just smiled " You're awake, finally. I was worried for you "
 
" Don't be.. don't worry for me!! Don't take care of me!! " she yelled at him. His eyes widened confused. " We're not kids anymore!! I don't need you anymore, Hara needs you!! " and unconsciously tears were flowing down her cheeks again. She covered her face with her hands. He tried to take her hands away and meet her eyes but she just refused it and pushed him away. Hyun Joong realized that in her state he couldn't do anything but let her calm down.
 
He walked to the window. The night was dark and the sky was crying just like her. He heaved out a  sigh and despite not knowing what was the reason behind her reaction he knew that lately he has been neglecting Hara. Maybe that was the reason. Nicole was feeling guilty thinking that she was the cause of it and maybe she was. He just couldn't help it not to worry for her, not to take care of her. Even if he wanted to avoid it he would still find himself going to her like she was some kind of magnet to him. Hara was a nice girl. She was hard-working, dedicated and trustworthy. She was every man's dream. Despite their rough start he started to understand her and fell for her charms but when it comes Nicole all those feelings.... He hit his head on the window.
 
 
---cC---
 
 
When she woke up she found Hyun Joong there sitting on the couch. She took off the towel on her forehead and saw it was a different one. After the way I treated him.... Guilt ran down her spine and her weak heart tightened in her chest. She quietly got up and put on her slippers.
 
She put on her apron and started cooking breakfast for the two of them. She felt guilty as she had no right to yell at him that way. After all that he has one for her she really didn't. He was the last person she should have treated like that. She sighed and clenching her fist tightly she regained strength and confidence to make up for it.
 
" Oppa, have a seat. " she beckoned him when he appeared half-awake at the door. I thought she left. He breathed out a sigh of relief. He obeyed and watched her filling his plate glad to see that she calmed down. 
 
" I'm sorry.. "
 
" I was really worried for you "
 
" I know and I'm sorry I shouldn't have reacted that way "
 
He nodded and reassured her with a smile. He could see in her eyes that there was something more she wanted to say.. but for some reason he preferred not to know it. He had his focus back on his food as she cooked his favorite dish that morning.
 
" OH.. oppa? "
 
" Eumm.. "
 
" How.. how did you find me? " he looked at her and their eyes locked. She blinked confused as to why he wasn't saying anything. He turned to his food and kept on eating.
 
" I didn't.. Jaejoong brought you here "
 
---cCc---
 
 
Hyun Joong has always loved Nicole.. My poor Hara doll XC
Dear sweeties who you like the most HyunCole, HeroNic or KiCole? Comments, comments comments ^^