" J.A.L.S. " #4

Just Another Love Story

 

Since almost a year passed from my last update I'm going to make a quick summary: "Hyun Joong and Nicole have been friends since they were kids. At some point he had to leave because of his father's work. Nicole who grew up as a crybaby because spoiled by her oppa had to learn on how to depend on herself. Years passed Hyun Joong is back to Seoul but unexpectedly things have changed. Nicole is now a strong girl who has attracted the attention of the school Prince Jaejoong. This caused the jealousy of fangirls who bullied her for revenge."
 
[Just Another Love Story #4]
 
 
I've finally fully recovered and able to start attending school relgularly again. Finally! Staying at home the whole day is no fun at all.
 
" Nicole! " I recognized that cute voice from afar. It was Hara, a new student and a new friend of mine. I've met her days ago when I decided to drop here at school because I was too bored at home all alone. I have to admit that I was quite stunned by her. She looked dead gorgeous. Is she a doll? I thought to myself. Her porcelain skin, her big brown eyes and her long straight silky hair flowing down her back. She was wandering aroud and she seemed lost so I've approached and helped her. Unlike what I expected she's a nice girl. She's really sweet and funny. We got along quickly and now we're super close.
 
" You're here " she jumped on me and pulled me into a tight hug making me chuckle.
 
We're the same age. She's a transferred student from the U.S. She said she came here for a special someone. I don't know who it is as she is too shy to reveil it yet. She started telling me about her experiences of the past few day and how much happy she is because I'm going to be with her from today on.
 
" Princess " Jaejoong called. He approached me from the back and wrapped his arms around my wais. I just smirked and shook him off.
 
" Hara.. " he noticed her and bowed his head. I raised my brows surprised to see that he already knew her. He looked at me and shrugged. Maybe he already tried to hit on her? This kid..
 
" Cole, you two are..? " Hara asked shyly. Facepalm.. She must be thinking that Jaejoong and I are a couple *sigh* As everyone else after all. This kid is driving me nuts! Seriously.. I elbowed him on his stomach and shook my head " No, he's just.... someone who I can't get rid of " I said smiling mischievously making Jaejoong pout disappointed.
 
Suddenly Hara's eyes widened. They were shining and her smile widened as well. I looked around trying to figure out the reason behind that reaction.
 
" Yah.. Hyun Joong, why are you so late? Hara has been waiting for you " Jaejoong high-fived his friend and punched his arm jokingly. Hyun Joong oppa bowed his head in apoligize to Hara who flushed red instantly. Ok.. now someone has to explain to me what the hell is going on here? I looked at Hara who was looking down with her cheeks burning. Then I turned to Hyun Joong oppa and to Jaejoong. It couldn't be..
 
" Cole " Hara shyly pulled my shirt to get my attention. I turned to her with my brows knitted " Remember that someone I told you about?.... It's Hyun Joong oppa "
 
No! Just No.. It can't be.. I bit my tongue which also hurt a lot not to ask or say anything that I would regret about. I felt betrayed? I can't really say it was a feeling of betrayal.. but for sure it was something close to that.. Fortunately the bell rang and we all walked to our own classes. Well, Hara and I walked to the same class.
 
He has a girlfriend. Fine.. it's shouldn't be a big deal. It's not a big deal. He's a grown up man. He's good-looking and she's gorgeous. They look cute together. But what's this feeling? A weird feeling of deep jealousy.. She's the one he's taking care of that's why he has no time for me anymore. At least now I know the reason. I'm cool about.. Yeah, I am. I convinced myself.
 
Why Hara?? Why it had to be her.. a friend that I adore?? I hit my head on my desk trying to take those thought out of my mind. I felt a peace of paper falling on my face and I looked around to check who it was. It was her, Hara. When our eyes met she smiled at me and gave me a worried face " Are you ok? " I could read from her lips. I forced a smiled and nodded. I couldn't be there. I had to get out. I raised my hand and asked my teacher to let me out.
 
As soon as she gave me her permission I stood up and walked out of the door. I released a deep sigh of relief leaning my back on the door I just closed behind.
 
--cCc--
 
" Annyeong " I flashed a grin and waved the bottle of soju on his face. It was almost midnight and I just knocked at Jaejoong's door. He blinked twice before checking me from head to toe. His eyes widened in disbelief seeing in what state I was in. Well, I was quite drunk.
 
" Aren't you going to let me in? " I asked annoyed and made my way in without waiting for him to say anything. I placed the bottle of soju in the living room and headed to the kitchen looking for some snacks. Jaejoong followed me quietly. Clueless about how to act in such a situation.
 
I sat on the couch and patted the spot beside me telling him to sit there. He sat without a word and looked at me trying to figure out what was happened. I just smirked at him and said not to think too much but to drink instead. I gave him a glass of soju which he was forced to accept. After another glass I didn't need to force him anymore. He poured his glass by himself. I'm not usually someone who would go for alcohool during bad times but this had to be an exception. I felt confused.. lost and I felt the need of some alcohol in my body.
 
As I said I was quite drunk already and as hours passed by I got completely drunk. I remember that I was sitting on my knees.. close to Jaejoong. I lift his chin and kissed him. He responded, of course. Then I pushed him away " You won't have me, Kim Jaejoong " But who I was trying to fool? Minutes later I went on his lap and took off his shirt. He was quite confused not sure if I was doing it for real or I was just playing around again. When he realized that I was really in he lift me up and brought me to his room. I won't say anything about the rest because it's pretty obvious what's happened later.
 
 
 
1 month later
 
PRINCE5, Hara and I were upstairs having lunch. I eat too much whenever I'm with them. I'm almost about to throw up because of how much my belly gets filled. Everything is too delicious not to be eaten.
 
Lately though it seems like I have even more appetite.. if that's even possible. Heechul oppa has been checking me out. He lightly hit my arm and nagged " Nicori, where do you even put that? You're eating like a pregnant woman! "
 
I choked on my food and hit my chest a couple of times. Yoochun oppa was so nice to pour me a glass of water and hand it to me " Thanks oppa "
 
I released a sigh of relief right after and glared at Heechul oppa who just pouted cutely feeling sorry. I turned my attention to my plate when I suddenly realized something....
 
I didn't have period this month!!? Not yet, I hope. I dropped my spoon and got up nervously.
 
" Hey Nicole! What's going on? " Hara stood up as well and glared at Heechul oppa thinking that I was hurt by his words.
 
" I was just kidding.. "
 
I headed to the bathroom and slammed the door behind me. I paced back and forth. Confused. I washed my hands and my face with cold water. I looked at my reflection on the mirror " Sh*t.. it can't be "
 
Hara appeared worried " Nic, are you ok? Don't listen to Heechul oppa.. you know he speaks without thinking "
 
I thanked Hara and explained her that I had something else to worry about. I told her about the night spent with Jaejoong and how my period hasn't come yet.  She swallowed and sighed deeply. After a tight hug and a " Don't worry, I'll help you " she dragged to the parking lot where there was her car. We got on and she drove to a pharmacy where we bought a pregnancy test.. 3 pregnancy test to be exact.
 
Hara drove me to her place and we ran towards her room " Calm down, it'll be fine " she hugged me and pushed me towards the bathroom. I reluctantly stepped in and closed the door behind me. I couldn't believe it was really happening. I was in my friend's bathroom to take a pregnancy test.
 
I got out holding the stick with a tissue " How long do I have to wait? " I asked weakly still in daze. Hara took the box and read the instructions " 5 minutes "
 
Five minutes that seemed an eternity. I was holding that stick and saw my hand trembling. Hara caressed my back and kept on saying it was going to be fine.
 
But.. It's positive!! ing sh*t what am I going to do right now??
 
I just threw the stick on the trash can and convinced myself that it made a mistake. I took the other two test but they all said the same.. Positive!!
 
I fall on my knees and tears rolled down my cheeks " Idiot " I sobbed and cursed on Jaejoong. I hated him but I hated myself the most. It was my fault and I had to take responsibility of it. I wiped my tears with the back of my hands and stood up. I looked straightly in Hara's eyes and made her promise to be sure not to say this to anyone.
 
Days passed and I started to get used of the idea that I had a baby inside of me. I would look at myself in the mirror and caress my belly. Hara is dead worried for me. She keep on asking me if I really want this and if I need anything. I would just reassure her with a smile.
 
 
--cCc--
 
" Hey " Hyun Joong sat beside her. Hara was in daze. She couldn't keep herself from thinking about Nicole and her situation. She was worried and wanted to do something for her. She released a deep sigh.
 
" What's going on? " Hyun Joong lift her chin to make her look at him. She bit her bottom lip and gulped. She needed to say it to someone and get some advice. He was her boyfriend and she trusted him. She took his hands in hers and held them tightly " Please help me " He was confused but reassured her with a nod.
 
" It's about Nicole.. " that name rang through his ears. She freed his hands and wrapped her arms around his waist " Jaejoong got her pregnant!! "  she confessed. Hyun Joong gasped. He had to free himself from Hara's arms and take deep breaths for a couple of seconds.
 
Hara explained him that Nicole was going to keep the baby. She told him that Nicole didn't want anyone to know about it and that she just broke her promise because she needed an advice.
 
It was getting late. Hyun Joong drove Hara home after telling her not to worry because he was going to take care of it. When he got back to his place he took a cold shower. He needed to clear up his mind.
 
What should I do?
 
He was lying on his bed. He tossed and turned but couldn't fall asleep. He checked his phone, 10:50 pm. He got up running his fingers through his hair. He made up his mind and found himself taking his keys and driving off to Nicole's place. He knocked and her mother appeared at the door " Sorry for the hour but I need to talk to her "
 
Her mother's lips curved into a smile. She invited him in but he declined politely and said that he would have waited for her outside. Mrs. Jung walked upstairs and informed Nicole about Hyun Joong.
 
Nicole knitted her brows thinking that her mother was playing around with her " What are you doing? You don't want him to wait too long down there, don't you? " her mother pushed her excitedly.
 
She walked down reluctantly wondering what was the reason behind this sudden visit. The last time she received a visit from him was that day he came back in Seoul. The day she ran away for being too shocked.
 
" O.. Oppa " she stuttered seeing him standing outside. He turned to face her and smiled " Hey "
 
She closed the door behind her and sat on the stairs. He followed and sat beside her. There was an awkward silence for a couple of minutes then he broke the ice " It's been awhile.... " she just nodded. Inside her mind she was just trying to figure out why he was there.
 
" You probably wondered why I am so awkward with you or why I kept distance from you.... " she turned to him. He was looking at the beautiful dark night up on their heads. He sighed " I've been.... taken aback. I thought I was going to find the crybaby Nicole but I found a hot chick ready to party with her friends.... since when do you have friends? " he asked jokingly and turned to face her.
 
She forced a smile and looked at her hands playing with each other " I had to learn how to depend on myself when you left " she said with a deep sadness.
 
" I'm sorry "
 
" Well, it might be late to say this but I'm happy that you're back oppa " she said and jokingly pushed him to the side with her shoulder. He smiled and messed her hair " I'm also happy to be back "
 
Both of them released sighs of relief. Happy to have finally open up to each other and make up. A long silence followed but there was no awkwardness anymore. It was a peaceful silence that both of them liked.
 
" I heard about your pregnancy " he suddenly blurted out. Nicole gasped. She clenched her fist taken off-guard and kept her composure " Hara.. "
 
He nodded " She's worried about you and so I am.."
 
--cCc--
 
 
 
4th chapter and story getting complicated
what do you think guys? Please leave me comments!
Kisses **,          Aika