Chapter 9

Cops and Robbers in Love

"So, Hunnie, I have a whole day of fun planned for us. First up on the list is archery." Jongin said while Sehun and him mounted the bike. Sehun rested his hands onto Jongin's waist and held tight, squeezing him a bit out of gratitude for all he is doing. "Sounds fun!" Sehun said hopefully, 

They raced through the road, Jongin taking backroads that were not used often so that he could safely speed a little and allow Sehun to feel the adrenaline rush. They reached the archery place in about 15 minutes. 

As they walked in, they received the tools they needed to start and were led to a private room where they could shoot by themselves. Jongin trained in archery all throughout his childhood and took pride in his skills. Sehun however, did not have any idea on how to shoot. They spent a while with Jongin hitting the bullseye almost every time and Sehun missing the target completely every single time. 

"Here, let me show you," Jongin said, taking ahold of Sehun. He pulled Sehun flush against him and wrapped his arms around him, placing them on top of Sehun's and aligning their hands. He lifted the bow and arrow, notching it. "Take a deep breath. Put your feet shoulders width apart and face the target head on, standing straight. Loosen your grip, it's not going to run away, relax." Jongin soothed. "Keep your index finger above the arrow and the others below, now pull, but not too hard, if you do the arrow will raise from a straight position and lose the force and direction it previously had. Remember when you're pulling, it doesn't need your arms to pull back, pull back starting from your shoulder and let it bring your arm back as well. Now close one eye, preferably keeping the dominant one open and align the arrow with the target. Now remember to let your fingers slip backwards, don't jerk." Jongin instructed. 

Jongin then pulled his arms off of Sehun's and wrapped them around his waist, pulling him even closer. Sehun did as instructed, closing one eye, aligning it, holding the arrow properly and letting his fingers slip backwards. 

It missed the target. Again. By a lot. Jongin's mouth was gaping, here he was thinking about what a superb teacher he was. Oh well, Sehun must just not be made out for archery. "Jongin, you . All of that was for nothing. Or was this all just a ploy for me to get closer to you." Sehun taunted, smirking. 

"Sehun, how is it that you're so comfortable and naturally good with physical contact. It's a good thing that you are but it just worries me a little that maybe you're not." Jongin said, concerned.

"You mentioned getting psychiatric help, yes?" Sehun questioned waiting for Jongin to nod. "Well, I've already received treatment. Shortly after everything happened, I returned to school. It was difficult for me to get back in routine and to stop the nightmares so I talked to our guidance counselor. She was an extremely nice lady, she realized my case needed more help and so she called in a psychiatrist. Given the circumstances of my situation the school covered all running fees which was helpful for me and they sent home a letter to Yixing, saying I was in extracurriculars after school hours. I went through psychiatry throughout highschool and I stopped after because I felt relieved and like I had moved on. Besides, I was working and paying rent and school fees with Yixing, I had no extra money. But it was okay, I didn't even need that last year, at that point it had just become a comfort for me. I am okay with physical contact and affection now, I wasn't before and I could tell you both the story of what happened fairly calmly and without breaking down." Sehun said, soothing his hand over Jongin's, still cradled in his arms. 

Jongin whirled him around to face him and gave him a slow, sweet kiss. You. Kiss. Are. Kiss. Amazing. Kiss. Sehun blushed, resting his hands on Jongin's shoulders shyly. "Thank you. You're amazing yourself." 

"Okay then. Chop chop, archery is done, you spent too much time making all those clumsy shots and now we need to move on to the next activity." Jongin said, willing himself not to break out into tears. "Okay, hang on though, let me just try one more time." Sehun begged, already getting into position to shoot. He followed Jongin's instructions again and this time, there was a plack sound heard. Sehun had hit the target dead in the middle. "Hey! You stole my abilities when we kissed." Jongin said offended, but inside he was truly happy that Sehun had hit his target. Something told Jongin that he had hit his target with Sehun.

They left the archery place, climbing atop the motorcycle again. This time they drove for longer, Sehun clinging onto Jongin from the back and resting his head on Jongin's back. They reached a race track and Sehun's head perked up. "No way!" He said in astonishment. 

"Yes way." Jongin replied. They made there way into the place and Jongin greeted a worker inside. "Sup Soo, thanks so much for letting me use the tracks. By the way, this is my boyfriend Sehun, and Sehun, this is my brother, by adoption, and no Soo I am not saying that because I value you as less than a real brother but only to explain to Sehun who knows I was an orphan adopted by a dope family which includes you; Kyungsoo." Jongin said in one breath. 

"Damn, I don't know how anyone can put up with Jongin's rambling, especially someone as good looking as you." Kyungsoo said, stretching his hand out for Sehun to shake. "Well, however you deal with him, I can see how happy he is, so I hope you stick around." 

"Thank you Kyungsoo... Hyung?" Sehun said unsurely because he couldn't tell if Kyungsoo was older or not. "Yeah, I'm older than Jongin by a year. He usually calls me hyung but when he wants to be annoying, he calls me Soo." Kyungsoo explanained. "Ah, thank you Kyungsoo hyung," Sehun said, "It means a lot, and I hope to stick around too." Sehun said cheerily. 

"Okay, the tracks are out back, currently empty and here are the keys. I'm going to go now because I have a racer to train with and some cars in need of work. Have fun." Kyungsoo said wandering away.

"Let's go." Jongin said, pulling Sehun along to the direction Kyungsoo had pointed out. They made their way onto a small and abandoned racetrack save for two long cars. They were NASCAR grade race cars and were true works of art. "Oh shoot," Jongin said, facepalming. "I was hoping to race you but I don't even know if you can drive. You take the bus all the time. God I'm such an idiot." Jongin said berating himself. "Calm down Nini, I can drive, I'm damn good at it too. I actually used to street race, nothing really illegal, it used to happen on empty lots, funded for. It really helped to channel my energy and anger into. I just could never afford a car myself, I'm saving for one right now. Back then I used the cars that were supplied and we bet on races." Sehun said taking Jongin for surprise. "You are such a badass." Jongin said in awe. 

"Well, I have a brother who's worked with cars, fixing them up, making them faster and racing around on tracks for 15 years with me following along. I think I can give you a challenge." Jongin said. He then dashed over to one of the cars stepping inside but leaving the door open. "See, beat you already." Jongin said, like the true dork he is.

Sehun slowly made his way over to the car and got it. They drove to the white starting line and upon reaching it, a sensor was set off and a big neon sign lit up, counting down from 10. Finally a big green GO lit up and Jongin sped off. He had started with too much force, he was going to lag behind in the end, Sehun shot off, keeping control of his speed. They were to go for five laps. 

Jongin stayed ahead, but by the fourth lap, he was starting to lose speed and velocity, allowing Sehun to time it perfectly and overtake him, effectively winning the game. They both stepped out of the cars once stopped, and Sehun shouted, "WHOOOOHOOOOO! I WON!" Jongin laughed, feeling good that Sehun was so happy, like he hadn't a care in the world. They stepped back into their vehicles and drove around for another hour and a half. Jongin winning some and Sehun winning some. They both proved what great racers they were. After they had tallied and realized Jongin had won more overall games, Sehun pounced on Jongin, kissing the living daylights out of him. "Thank you so much. I never realized how much I missed it and you can bet I'll be developing a real close relationship with your brother since I'll be coming by here so often." He giggled. 

They walked back inside the building, searching for Kyungsoo to return the keys. When they found him, he said, "You're welcome to come by anytime you want Sehun." He offered. "You bet I will, hyung." Sehun replied excitedly. 

As they made their way to the bike Sehun pulled Jongin back, stopping him from mounting. "Wait, let me drive." He asked. "I thought you said you never rode a motorbike before me. Can you drive?" Jongin asked confused. "Well, in my crazy racing days, I had a racing friend who owned a motorbike teach me. I only got to go around small places, enough to learn though. Yixing ge stopped me though. He said that racing was one thing, and he only allowed it because it was legal, funded and done in the safest way possible. Not too many cars on one road and no rough terrains, just speed. But bikes were too dangerous and unpredictable to him so I never got to buy one or ride one properly. If you let me, I'll try and if I find it too difficult then we'll switch and you'll take over." Sehun pleaded. 

"Okay," Jongin said. "But I'll have to direct you. It's our last stop for the day before we get some food and head back to your apartment for a movie." Sehun smiled and nodded, agreeing. 

Sehun drove pretty well, stalling a few times but otherwise he drove smoothly and had great control over the bike. It was 250 cc and pretty strong. They reached a small mountain with a rocky terrain that Jongin said couldn't be driven on, especially by motorbikes and that they would have to walk the rest of the way.

As they walked up the mountainside, Sehun noticed bright blips of colour on the horizon. "Hang gliding. Really, Jongin? Who would have taken you for such an adrenaline junkie." Sehun said, crossing his arms over his chest. "Well, you're just as bad as me, aren't you. At least that's what I'm finding out."

They reached the peak and requested for a single hang glider to fit two and they got strapped in together. Jongin was behind and Sehun in front. "Another ploy of yours to have my pressed against your crotch." Sehun teased. "I promise that was never my intention but your feels amazing." Jongin replied. Sehun answered that with a little wiggle of his , Jongin laughed, smacking his head a little bit. Then they were off. 

It felt so liberating and freeing. To defy gravity so wholly and to feel the wind rushing at them, although the wind was coming with such a speed and strength. They saw valleys of green roll underneath them, flowerbeds and small, glistening lakes. It was a sight of true beauty and was truly sad when it came to an end. Sehun and Jongin unstrapped and climbed back down the mountain, still feeling giddy with the adrenaline rush but sad for the return of gravity. 

"Date's not over yet." Jongin announced.