Chapter 12

Cops and Robbers in Love

Jongin was having an internal breakdown. He realized how much happiness he had found in that short time of being with Sehun and he could not afford to lose him. Him and Yixing were currentlly driving down the road, Yixing called the police station putting them on speaker. 

"Julien yo-crap! You need to-to find Sehun." He inhaled deeply. "Those bastards got him. He was nabbed by some of the Macha crew and God knows what they'll do to him. They had a whole damn meeting about him -those creeps!- We need you to track his phone, there's a GPS on in that Jongin put in, it should work even if the phone is powered off." Yixing explained the situation. 

"Okay, I got it, I'll start tracking." Julien replied. After a moment he said, "So, it looks like the phone was discarded. Probably to stop Sehun from calling for help. Which is to be expected, I mean these guys are no amateurs. However, I was able to ping where it was last found, on a backstreeet not to far from Sehun's workplace. I am now looking at the cameras in the near vicinity during the time on the time stamp when they GPS was last actively moving. I might be able to get  glimpse of the car if there's not too many, either way we can try and narrow it down and find out the make and model of the car. Just give me a second."

Yixing and Jongin held their breaths anxiously awaiting good news. "Okay, so fortunately there was only two cars that drove down this road -it is a backroad and not frequently used- and one of the cars was driving towards the direction of Sehun's workplace while the other is driving away from it, so it's safe to assume it's the car driving away. I mean, why go the opposite direction if you already have him?" Julien asked rhetorically. It's a black 2008 chevrolet silverado and the license plate is EXOM 001. It's heading up for the nearest exit to the highway on Remmett. I can keep pinging it's locations from the road cameras and keep you updated, just stay on the line."

The two released their breaths, looking grateful and relieved. "Thanks so much Julien. I do have to ask for one more favour, send a team out to meet us at the location we're headed to and dispatch another team to the hideout on Freeridge, the location we gave you. We have more than enough charges to be able to arrest them." Jongin said, making a left onto Remmett. 

"Will do Jongin. But can I ask, how did you two manage to get enough dirt on all those people or are yoy just going to lock them away for petty charges. I hate to break it to you but these guys find a way out and will be able to make bail." Julien hesitantly said. 

"Well, you see. We have enough evidence from what my father collected and from what we observed to put them all away. It's enough charges that they can't make bail -at least the smaller fish can't- and even though it is petty charges, they will be in jail for enough time for us to conduct in depth investigations onto them and then nail them with those charges. As for the big fish, well Sehun is a witness to their crimes and them killing our parents and we have some additional dirt and intel into drug cartels. They'll fall too." Yixing said with extreme determination. 

"Solid plan. Looks like you guys thought this through and aren't acting rashly. By the way, the backup team is coming to you, they're not to far. Exit on 85, turn to the right as soon as you reach the roundabout, the car just passed by there." Julien said. 

"This was rash, we need Sehun back unharmed and emotionally stable. He doesn't need this. We had this plan stewing for a while, we were planning on getting more information because there will be some people getting away with a lot less than they should and so we needed more, although the original plan was to get enough to take them all down by surpise and then conduct personal investigations to book them with. Things just moved along a little bit faster and sloppier than planned but this is for the better anyway. Bear was onto the police and had his men looking into police movement so we would have had to rush anyway." Jongin said, sounding distant. 

"The car stopped, there's no movement here. Last I saw, they made a left on Rutherburst st and then disappeared. I figure they parked somewhere in that area but this is as far as I can help you out. I'm sending the coordinates to the team and they are only about one street down from where you guys are. As for the Freeridge location, the second team just reached and are holding a lockdown on the building. Good thing for that meeting you told me about. It looks like almost all the pawns are condensed into one area and ripe for the picking." Julien cheered. 

Yixing snickered at his choice of words. "Turn left up here, that's Rathburst." Yixing pointed, directing Jongin. Jongin made the turn and started to drive slowly looking around for a chevrolet silverado. He kept driving and even had to make a u-turn and drive back, turning into small roads and then rerouting until he finally spotted it. Black 2008 chevrolet silverado with the license plate EXOM 001. "Julien, we spotted it, it's on some back road. Let the guys make a left right as soon as you get off of Rathburst and then about two streets down make another left and on your right hand side is a warehouse. Only the chevy is parked here." Jongin instructed Julien. "Roger, sending the coordinates right now." Julien said. "I'll be ending the call now, don't need to distract you. But guys- bring our boy home safe." Julien said before ending the call.

In the time Jongin and Yixing were working on the case, Sehun began visiting the police station often and was immediately liked by the officers and everyone else. It made Jongin's heart ache just to think about it. Sehun was so precious and loved by so many. Including him, he needed to get his man back.

They parked off to the side and out of view of the warehouse so as to lay low and not attract attention. They decided it was safer to wait for backup to arrive before rushing in as much as they wanted to. Less risk to their lives, Sehun's life, extra help and more people to stop them from getting away. It ached to stay put, but it wouldn't be for much longer. 

Around ten minutes later, they saw a car circling before parking on the road a bit away from the warehouse. Back up was here. Jongin and Yixing exited the vehice, grabbing the guns that they kept in the car in a hidden compartment for safety reasons and walked to meet up with their fellow officers. 

"You stand by while we clear the perimeter." Officer Hopps said. Yixing was about to protest when the man shot them a glare. "Yixing, I know you and I know you're a smart boy who wouldn't risk anything but I also know why you left the academy for training and that you might not be prepared for whatever you see and although you wouldn't make a stupid decision you could freeze or anything else could happen. Step back and let us take the lead on this one." He ordered causing both Jongin and Yixing to deflate and step down. 

They moved behind the other officers and had their backs. They walked to the door which -surprise, surprise- was locked. One of the men picked the lock after telling them to step aside and that knocking the door down was way too loud and would ruin their advantage of surprise. They silently walked in, officers in the front securing the perimeter. 

They all heard the sound of voices and followed it. It led them down a dark hallway and to an opened up room. Sehun was tied up, beaten and bruised. Bear had a killer grip on his jaw and was forcefully kissing him while groping his body in horrifying ways. Jongin's heart both ached and swelled, because there was his Sehun. His brave Sehun who was recoiling from the touch on him and keeping a lockjaw with a fiery look in his eyes. He would not break, he would not yeild. Those were the eyes of a true fighter, of someone who had been through enough and would not take any more. 

They all stepped out aiming their guns and Bear and the three other men around him. They thankfully, outnumbered them and 2 of the officers along with Yixing had gone to scout out the rest of the place and see if there were any more men of hidden guards. That left Jongin, Officer Hopps and four other police officers. They had their radios on connected to their other teammates. Thank God Julien sent a large team. 

The three men around Bear lowered their weapons and stepped aside knowing they were defeated. They all had tiny smirks on their faces like they knew they would get out of jail time which was probably why they were so willing. Idiots didn't even know the charges put on them. Three of the officers stepped aside, including Hopps to handcuff the men and take them out to the awaiting van. As they walked by reciting the Miranda Rights, Yixing and the other two officers reappeared. Seems like they were shortstaffed and underestimated the police. Stupid Mafia, always thinking they were one step ahead. 

Bear finally peeled his disgusting lips off of Sehun's sweet ones and looked their way, making no move to remove his hands from Sehun's body. "You can take me in, if you're willing to risk his life. Because I can promise I have no qualms about killing him. I'll just have to screw his dead body then, because my goodness, his face just turns me on." Sehun tried to pull away from him, disgusted but to no avail. Jongin clenched his fists and gritted his teeth feeling red take over his vision. "I don't want to take you anywhere but the nearest graveyard, or rather its dumpster because I wanna kill you." Yixing lunged forward, before being quickly pulled back by the two officers standing nearest to him, guns still pointed at Bear. 

It was just enough of a distaction though, for Jongin to quickly slide in, shooting Bear's kneecaps to disable him, but mostly because he wanted to. He'd have fun explaining firing his firearm later, nah, the dude was threatening a civilian's life, he deserved it, and that civilian was Sehun, he definitely deserved it. 

Bear fell to his knees, releasing his hold on Sehun and letting out a cry of pain while Jongin slipped handcuffs on him and then trained his gun to Bear's head effectively kicking Sehun's chair out of reach from Bear. 

It was an epic moment and it almost went perfectly- almost. Because Jongin forgot how physics and gravity worked and Sehun slid in his chair, his weight leaning to one side causing the chair to topple over. Yixing rushed to his side to untie him while Jongin handed Bear over to the remaning officers. "You'll rot in jail you filth." Jongin said while passing him off. 

He then rushed back to Sehun's side where Yixing had untied him and they were embracing each other in a tight hug. "I'm okay Ge. I really am. They didn't get time to do anything but rough me up a little. I'm not hurt or sad, just angry but those bastards will get their due punishment. Thanks to you and Jongin." Yixing then reluctantly stepped aside, allowing Jongin to embrace Sehun. 

He kissed his forehead and cupped Sehun's cheeks. "I might seem like a completely insincere wacko, saying this so soon but Oh Sehun I-" "I love you Kim Jongin." Sehun quickly breathed out kissing Jongin and letting all his emotions flow out. "How did you know that's what I was going to say. What if I was going to say that I have diarrhea." Jongin questioned making Sehun laugh. "I love you, Hunnie." 

Yixing swiftly pulled them both in for an awkward but sweet hug. "I love you both." He squeezed them causing them to laugh and share a look with each other before squishing Yixing's cheeks in a double kiss.

Things were going to be fine now, more than fine actually. They were perfect. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so this is the last chapter. I kind of sprung it on you, but I felt like it was time to stop it here. I didn't want there to be too much going on. I will be writing an epilogue, which will center around Sulay and Sekai's repective futures. This has been a fun journey and I thank all of you who have stuck around with my novice writing that's not really that good. I would like to give a special shout out to dereknstiles who's supported me emotionally, been a friend and supported my (attempt) at writing. And JasmineloveExoandBts for encouragement and motivation.