Chapter 1

Cops and Robbers in Love

Kim Jongin was your everyday police officer. He was hoping to be promoted to detective and that was how he ended up here. 

 

"Kim, there's a new case on the Mafia . You want that promotion so badly, well, solve this and it's all yours." The captain of the police said. "This is all the information that we've gotten. You have six months." He continued as he slid over a small folder. 

 

Normally, Jongin would be ecstatic over the prospect of a promotion but this was ridiculous. H the hell was he supposed to get a promotion if he had no information to go on this case. They were basically waving a carrot stick in front of his face with no intention of actually giving it to him. 

 

"Yes, captain. I'll do my best." Jongin solemnly said. He took the folder offered to him and walked out of the captain's office. 

 

As Jongin sat down he felt his mood plummeting and a headache coming on. He opened the folder to go through the content. 

 

New Mafia case 

Overtook the crime ring in central city 

75 deaths occurred already 

No correlation between way of death except for one mark, an insignia of sorts

New drugs circulating the streets 

No names for these drugs 

Drugs causing seizures and overdoses by the dozens 

Mafia ring leader said to be Russian 

 

Jongin slammed the folder shut. How the hell was he supposed to figure out the case with this . It was all extremely basic information that applied to almost all Mafia cases. The only information that was relevant was the insignia and there were no damn pictures attached so Jongin didn't even know what the insignia looked like. 

 

At least he had six months to figure this out. His captain was gracious enough to give him some hope because he knew trying to solve this case was like screwing yourself, just can't happen. 

 

Jongin rubbed at his temples and squeezed at the bridge of his nose, sighing loudly. He needed a cup of coffee and some fresh air. 

 

Now, normally, Jongin would just get coffee from downstairs in the police station but he felt like he needed the air of he was going to suffocate or explode. 

 

He grabbed his car keys and headed into his car. While he was driving, he was just looking around to find a nice quaint looking coffee shop, no big names. He needed somewhere he could relax and unwind, allowing the coffee aroma to surround him. No noises. 

 

He spotted a little coffee shop off to the corner of the street. He pulled into the parking lot and parked his car. 

 

As he stepped out of his car, locking it, he spotted the most gorgeous carrier inside the coffee shop handing someone their order. It seemed like his gut instinct was extremely good. He had this insane urge to make this carrier his. 

 

The carrier had beautiful black hair, narrow eyes, a small nose, and nicely shaped lips, neither small nor big. Jongin was sure they would fit nicely against his own lips. 

 

As Jongin's eyes travelled down he noticed the worker was wearing a baby blue apron that was tied right around his waist, accentuating his beautiful shape. It was almost strange for a carrier to have such a broad torso and shoulders but looking at his thin, delicate shape and his hips and , it was clear that he was indeed a carrier. 

 

Jongin found himself mesmerized by those long legs, he could feel himself drooling. He was frozen to the spot just staring but realized that he needed to move or else people might file a complaint against him. 

 

He walked into the coffee shop, appreciating the small chimes the door made. He walked in and sat down a table, looking at the menu. 

 

The gorgeous carrier came to Jongin's table, score, Jongin thought. The carrier looked down at him with a small smile that only made him more gorgeous and asked, "What would you like? Or have you not decided yet?"

 

And Kim Jongin, 28 and something years old, opened his mouth and said, "Your name and number. Or is that not available?" Smoothly and professionally as if he does this all the time. Holy ! What just came out of my mouth? I probably sound like some playboy douchebag. What is this hottie doing to me already?

 

"Excuse me?!" The hottie asked in utter confusion and befuddlement. "I know I sound like such a douchebag and I promise I don't do this often. It's just that you're too gorgeous for your own good and I couldn't concentrate and that horrific sentence just happened to slip out of my mouth." Jongin babbled with his head down and fingers fidgeting.

 

The hottie giggled, and his laughter sounded more like chimes than the ones on the door. It was a magical sound. "My name is Sehun." He finally said. Jongin's head shot up and a creepy grin broke out on his face. "HI SEHUN!" He shouted excitedly. 

 

Sehun just giggled again. "As for my number, well can I have your phone." Under normal circumstances Jongin would never hand over his phone to any stranger he just met, he knew too many cases of stolen phones or hacks being implanted that way. But he had never pulled out his phone that fast and handed it to someone. "Here you go." 

 

Sehun played with the device for two seconds before handing it back to Jongin. Jongin looked confused and crestfallen before Sehun simply said, "Password." Oh

 

He put in the password and opened his contacts before clicking on create new contact and handing the phone back to Sehun. Sehun quickly typed something and then handed it back. He looked like he pressed the call button and a ring came from Sehun's apron pocket before he ended it and gave Jongin his phone back. 

 

"Now I have your number as well. I just need your name." He said slyly. 

 

Jongin nodded before blurting out, "Kim Jongin, sir." Shiiiiiit, now he probably thinks I'm a weirdo. I surely scared him off this time. Police training screwed me. "Okay Mr. Kim Jongin. How about we meet for a date next Saturday at 8 if that's okay with you." Sehun said. "Yes, it's definitely okay with me." He replied

 

Thank the gracious heavens. Jongin still had a chance and now he had a date with this uber hottie. "You know, you're awfully cute for a giver. I find it endearing." Sehun broke Jongin out of his thoughts. Jongin just stared at him. Yup I'm making a great first impression. "You're awfully tall and smouldering for a carrier. I find that y." Jongin replied. 

 

Sehun just smiled at him. "Now, would you like to order anything because I am working. I'll send you my address later on." He said. Jongin looked down at the menu again before closing it. "I'll just have a regular coffee, black. Please and thank you." Sehun nodded going to get the order.

 

Sehun returned shortly after with the drink and gave it to Jongin who was preparing to leave. He was technically on working hours right now and he needed to get started on that case, he had already wasted enough time. 

 

"I'll be going back to work now." Jongin told Sehun. "Sehun simply walked over to Jongin sliding his hand across Jongin's chest. "I can see that. I love a man in uniform and I'll be waiting on Saturday for you." Sehun said, ending it with a kiss to Jongin's cheek before he pushed Jongin out the front door waving at him. 

 

What did I get myself into?