Epilogue

Cops and Robbers in Love

Two Years Later...

Yixing was getting dressed for his date with Junmyeon. Today was going to be a very special day for him. He planned to propose to his beloved Junmyeon. He wasn't sure if he were more excited or nervous. Junmyeon was the first person he opened his heart to after his parents died and this was all thanks to Jongin, he was so afraid that Junmyeon did not feel the same way and would end their relationship. 

Yixing felt it was worth the risk to propose anyway even with the fear of Junmyeon rejecting him but he knew that he desperately wanted to call Junmyeon his spouse and his forever. 

He was currently sitting with Jongin, who was giving him pointers and helping him to get dressed. "Try to calm down, don't be nervous. You guys are so clearly in love with each other and there's no chance of him rejecting you. Trust me. I mean I wasn't nervous for my proposal because I knew there was no chance of him saying no." Jongin confidently boasted. 

Yixing glared at him as he buttoned up his shirt, a nice sleek, black button up. Junmyeon always said he looked best in black, well he looked second best in black, he looked best . 

Jongin had proposed to Sehun 5 months ago and they had gotten married right away, under the pretense that they didn't need to plan their wedding for long. They had talked about wedding details a lot throughout their relationship, sure they were each other's end game and so they had all the details planned out, they only needed to invite people -these two even had invitations made up along with the list, a year into their relationship- and so they married immediately not wanting to wait. 

But according to Yixing, that was definitely not the only reason. Sehun was currently 5 months pregnant and although Jongin claimed he got pregnant on their wedding night, Yixing was sure that wasn't the case. He knew Jongin always remembered his warning about getting his precious baby brother pregnant before marriage and so he made sure they were married. Unfortunately he had no way of proving his allegations despite being a top detective now. 

"Yeah, because Sehun was pregnant already and that made you certain he wouldn't say no. I'm sure that was your plan all along." Yixing replied glaring at Jongin who swallowed nervously and shifted around. "N-no, Sehun got pregnant afterwards.." Jongin's demeanour suddenly changed, "I'm sure you would understand how vigourous and wild, wedding night could get, of course Hunnie got pregnant." 

Yixing stopped with trying to gel his hair, walked right up to Jongin and smacked the back of his head -hard- making Jongin wince and hold his head with a pout on his face. "Don't about my brother in front of me you miscreant." Yixing chastised.

"Run through the plan with me, okay." Yixing demanded going back to slicking his hair back. "You're going to go pick Junmyeon up, under the pretense of taking him to a fancy upscale restaraunt, then lead him up the trail where you set up a nice dinner and some lights and then you guys will go walk along the trail where -thank your brother- there are going to be small notes elaborating about everything you love about Junmyeon leading up to the 'will you marry me?' which will be in a gravel area since you don't want to get your clothes dirty. Junmyeon will say yes, you'll kiss and then make love in a way to get him pregnant." Jongin gushed. 

This time Yixing grabbed whatever was in reach, which was his hair cream and dashed it at Jongin where it smacked him square in the face. "OW!" Jongin yelled, holding his sore nose. "New rule, no talking about involving my brother or my boyfriend." "Hopefully fiance." Jongin replied, still holding his nose and smiling at Yixing. 

"Nothing will beat your proposal though, lover boy." Yixing told Jongin who smiled even wider. "I just happen to draw inspiration from looking at Hunnie. I remember staring at pictures of him until I got the idea." Jongin said dopily. "Creepy." Yixing muttered. 

"You recreated an old date of yours. The waterfall and all the elements were beautiful. I'm glad I got to see it this time because Hunnie always used to gush about that date. But to have the rocks fall in a way that they spelled out, 'Marry me' was crazy, the work that went into getting them to do that was difficult and then taking him outside to watch the sunrise. It wasn't a completely new idea from you, but it was a significant memory, it was extravagant nonetheless and was personal and intimate. Reasons why I wanted to do this, the first time I bared my heart and soul to Junmyeon was under the stars while we ate a nice dinner we made. We then took a walk where he assured me and helped me to calm down and overcome my past a little. Now, it's finally behind me and Junmyeon played a huge role in that." Yixing said, feeling his eyes get teary. 

"I know, you put a lot of thought into this hyung. Junmyeon will love it and we'll make sure everything goes well. Especially since you made all the food and they are all foods that Junmyeon likes." Jongin assured him. 

Yixing smiled, finally pulling out a nice pair of shoes and donning them, getting ready to pick up Junmyeon. 

---

Yixing arrived safely at Junmyeon and his place, he had dressed at Jongin's, wanting to feel the excitement of waiting to see each other and picking Junmyeon up. He felt his breath whoosh out of him, "You look gorgeous baby." He complimented. Junmyeon was wearing a plaid shirt -black and red- with nice black jeans. It was toeing the line of formal and casual with how crisp his clothes looked, but he was beautiful nonetheless. 

"Thanks! So do you, I see you're wearing black." Junmyeon let out, eyeing Yixing up and down suggestively. Yixing recalled Jongin's words about getting lucky and imagined a pregnant Junmyeon, realizing he quite liked that idea. He shook his head to rid himself of his thoughts and extended his hand for Junmyeon to take. 

"Let's go." Yixing led Junmyeon to his car. He had borrowed a car from the police station, it was newer model mercedes, sports car and he hoped Junmyeon would enjoy the ride. "I see you're taking advantage of your position, detective of the month." Junmyeon teased, resting his had on Yixing's arm on the gearstick, keeping his grip relatively loose so Yixing had full motion. 

"Ugh, Jongin got that this month, but I'll beat him out next month." Yixing grumbled. Junmyeon chuckled. "You and Jongin need to stop this petty competition you have over whose the best. You're just like children, more like young siblings. You're going to drive Hunnie crazy." Yixing just looked at Junmyeon fleetingly before going back to looking at the road. "I love Jongin and he loves me and that's why we have to fight." Yixing explained like it made the most sense in the world. 

They made it to the deserted park with a small hill where the food was already set up and waiting, courtesy of Jongin. "I thought we were going to a restaurant." Junmyeon said confused. "Well, I thought a private dinner would be nicer." Yixing replied, leading him up the hill.

They sat and enjoyed their food, and then lied back on the blankets stargazing with their hands intertwined. "The food was amazing Fan, I kind of want more." Junmyeon complimented. Yixing chuckled getting up and pulling Junmyeon up along with him. "Let's go get some more then." And he began his trek along the trail. 

There was a small note on the ground, Yixing stopped trying to get Junmyeon to notice it, coughing not so subtly. Under normal circumstances Junmyeon would have ignored it or picked it up to throw away but because he knew Yixing wanted him to look at it, he lifted it up. "I love your kind heart" was written on it. Junmyeon shot him a confused look but Yixing just pulled him along where there was another note. "I love your concern over everyone" Junmyeon seemed to understand what was happening now. Another, "I love your sweet smile." Another, "I love your ambition." Another "I love how stubborn you are when you set your mind to something." "Even though it gets on my nerves sometimes." was written in small letters at the bottom. Junmyeon let out a water chuckle, half heartedly glaring at Yixing. "I love how beautiful you are, inside and out." Another, "I love how accepting you are." Another, "I love how you healed me." 

At this Yixing stopped for the final time, where one last note lay. "I love everything that you are. The good and the bad, and there's not a thing I would change." Junmyeon sniffled, a few tears sliding down his cheeks unchecked and when he turned to Yixing, his gaze full of love, his heart dropped, in a good way. Yixing was on one knee with a beautiful and simple ring on display. "Will you marry me?" Yixing asked. 

Junmyeon schooled his face and said casually, "No." Yixing could feel his heart shatter and his eyes start to let loose of the tears already present, but these weren't happy tears. He closed the box and got up hanging his head, "I understand-" But was cut off by Junmyeon flingin himself at him. "I was joking you big loaf. I just wanted to see your reaction, the effort, the notes, and your reaction let me see just how much you cherish and love me. It's a lot, but not as much as I love you Wu Yixing." Junmyeon said. Yixing lifted him and spun him around.

"You helped me so much Jun. You helped me to face my fears, open my heart, learn to love again, and to accept love wholeheartedly. You made me become a better version of myself, one worthy of someone as wonderful and wonderous as you." Yixing said, letting him down and cupping his cheeks to bring their mouths together. 

Jongin predicted right about how their night went to say the least---

(A/N I know this might be annoying but, oh well. -_-)

One year later-er-...

Jongin had just woken up to the nice smell of something sweet cooking. He got up, pulling on some clothes which was a feat since Sehun had done a great job in throwing his clothes in such deep crevices and corners in all his desperation. 

He walked into the kitchen to see Sehun making a cake with their little boy, Taemin sitting with food  all over his mouth, on his high chair. He had just started to sit up. Sehun turned around with a wet papertowel and gently wiped Taemin's mouth, taking him out of his high chair and gently placing him on the floor with some toys for him to play. 

Sehun turned around to face Jongin, revealing his barely there, baby bump. Jongin felt slightly guilty, but mostly happy. When Taemin hit six months, Sehun discovered he was pregnant again. He was often tired and weary and found the pregnancy and a small baby to be difficult to manage but they both loved their son and the little bean in his belly. They would take this unexpected pregnancy in stride. 

Along with Taemin, because Yixing was right, Sehun was pregnant out of wedlock. But that was NOT why he proposed, Sehun actually revealed the news after accepting Jongin's proposal. And again, not why they held the wedding so quickly, they just wanted to be married as soon as they could. 

There was a knock on the door before it opened revealing Junmyeon and Yixing. Their wedding took place a few months ago, after Junmyeon gave birth. Seems Jongin was right and Junmyeon got pregnant right after the proposal. Jongin held that over Yixing for a long time, claiming Yixing was lucky Junmyeon didn't have any older, intimidating brothers. Yixing often ignored him. 

They walked in with their 3 month old baby in tow, sleeping soundly in his carseat. Tao was utterly adorable and the sweetest nephew ever. 

Sehun hugged and greeted both Yixing and Junmyeon, setting some breakfast in front of them before he came to stand before Jongin. He planted a sweet kiss on Jongin's lips and hugged him tightly, just swaying. "I love you so much, Nini and everything about this is perfection."

"I agree, and I love you more. I may be the cop, but you're the robber. You stole my heart." Jongin replied, hugging him back just as tightly. 

Junmyeon and Yixing looked on with knowing looks, agreeing wholeheartedly to that statement. 

That was until Taemin tried to grab Tao with uncoordination and was too roughly. The parents all jumped, moving Taemin away from Tao. 

Things really were perfect. Almost.