Chapter 2

Cops and Robbers in Love

After Yixing had attempted to ruin Sehun's dating life, Sehun locked himself away in his room and sat down on his bed. 

 

SentSorry, that was my older brother being an . This is Sehun from the coffee shop. You know the 'gorgeous and smouldering' carrier. 

 

From JonginAh, yes. This is Jongin, the utterly adorable giver. So the address dear hottie. I need to make sure you won't swindle me out of the date you promised. :D

 

Sent: it's xxx xxx Rd. Make sure to pick me up at 8. I finish my shift for that day at 7. 

 

From Jongin: That's perfect. I finish at 6:30 on Saturdays. I'll have enough time to get ready and pick you up. 

 

Sent: I hope your police training is top notch. My brother will be home and he's awfully protective. It's annoying but endearing. He'll try to intimidate you and you're just so cute! 

 

From Jongin: Thank you! You're adorable yourself. I think I should be able to handle your brother. As long as your parents aren't as protective as your brother. I can only handle one protective family member at a time. 

 

Sent: My parents passed away when I was 15. It's only Yixing; my brother, and me.

 

From Jongin: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring something like that up. If it's any consolation, I don't know my birth parents. I have some great adoptive parents though. 

 

Sent: I'm sorry too, I'm glad you have someone in your life. 

 

From Jongin: Me too! The mood just dropped and I'm feeling sad that I probably made you sad, sooo... Send me nudes 

 

Sent: ... ? 

 

From Jongin: I thought that would either make you mad or laugh. Either way it would get your mood to change. Of course there was also the possibility of you actually sending nudes, which would be great. 

 

Sent: You know, I believed you earlier when you claimed you weren't a douchebag but I'm not so sure now. 

 

From Jongin: I promise I'm not. In person I'm a lot more bashful. However, when it gets late and the fact that I'm texting, it's making me a little more shameless. 

 

Sent: Haha! I'm like that too. I feel like everyone just gets more shameless at night. 

 

From Jongin: Lol. So are you working tomorrow?

 

Sent: Yeah, I start at 8:00 am tomorrow. 

 

From Jongin: Perfect! So I'll see you tomorrow. I need my morning coffee before work. Maybe a little more ;) 

 

Sent: Maybe, just maybe Mr. Kim. 

 

From Jongin: Alright then, I gotta start getting into my nighttime routine. Also, I want to leave you wanting more.

 

Sent: Mm, I'm wanting alright. Lol see you tomorrow.

 

Sehun turned off his phone and came out of his room. He went into the kitchen to see Yixing had made dinner for them both. It was his day after all. Sehun helped himself to his dinner and then cleaned up a little. 

 

Afterwards he went to sit down and watch his show with Yixing. Buddy vs Duff came on and they began to watch, drooling over all the sweet desserts. 

 

Shortly after Sehun made his way to bed only to see a text from Jongin. 

 

From JonginSleep well Sehun. 

 

Sent: You too. Sweet dreams.

 

Sehun went to sleep with a smile on his face. 

 

---

 

When Sehun awoke he felt refreshed and happy. He got ready for work, making breakfast for Yixing and him. He left while Yixing was still sleeping since he didn't have to go into work for another hour and hopped on the bus. 

 

By the time Sehun got into work and started setting up, he began to get anxious, constantly looking at the door to see when Jongin would arrive. 

 

Around 8:15, Jongin walked in, looking sharp in his uniform. Sehun beamed at him and beckoned him over, the cafe was rather slow at this time. Lunch hour was their rush hour. Jongin came forward and ordered his coffee, this time with milk and sugar. Sehun left to go make and when he returned, Jongin paid and then leaned over the counter, kissing Sehun square on the lips. 

 

"That's for yesterday. You caught me so off guard." Jongin said. Sehun smiled, bringing his hand up to touch his lips. "Usually, I kiss after a first date, not before." Sehun told Jongin. 

 

Jongin laughed at that. "Yeah, that makes both of us. There's just something different about you that makes me wanna break every rule in the book." Sehun looked scandalized, "Says the police officer, whose supposed to enforce those rules!" 

 

"Alright, I gotta head into work. So I'll be leaving now but expect to see me everyday until our date. It's Tuesday so that means we have have 3 more days before Saturday." Jongin said.

 

"How do you even know if I'll be working on all those days, if I have morning shift?" Sehun inquired cutely. "Hmm let's see, I don't." Jongin replied easily. "I work every morning except Saturday and I have the day off on Friday's." Sehun answered. "Now I know. See you every morning except Friday and Saturday then." Jongin said as he walked towards the door. 

 

Jongin left the shop with a small wave directed at Sehun who returned it and then went back to work. 

 

As Jongin arrived at his work building, he couldn't help but feel dejected. What the hell was he supposed to do with this case? He went upstairs to his office to start looking into past Mafia issues. 

 

He had access to different files and began looking in the archive pulling said files. As he went through everything, most unrelated he found a few pertaining to his case. 

 

One such file enlisted information on the insignia, mentioning the same issue of not having the same kill method. There was a picture of the insignia, a lotus withering in a fire. Strange, Jongin wondered why a lotus, and why it was on fire. 

 

He also found some more information from this, seems like the Mafia group was named Macha and had been running for 30-something years. They had gone quiet 12 years ago for unknown reasons and had now resurfaced making them seem like a new group. 

 

Jongin pulled some more files out of the archive under the name of the Macha group. Suddenly, this case didn't seem so impossible, Jongin now had some more solid information to go off of. 

 

He sat down at his desk and began analyzing the case files. There was the big kahuna, his name was not given but he was called the Macha Bear, or just 'bear.' He was the one who supplied the drugs to the field. If he was still running the operation this information could be crucial and extremely valuable. 

 

The Macha were based off of a family based operation so it's likely that it's still being run by bear or someone else in the family. If Jongin could do some digging on this bear character, he might be able to retrieve further information. 

 

Ding Jongin could hear his phone text notification going off. He grabbed his phone to turn it off but halted when he saw a photo attachment sent from Sehun. He quickly opened it only to see a picture of Sehun making a sultry face and biting at his lip. 

 

Why? Jongin thought. There was also a text.

 

From Sehunnie (Sehun saved his name, don't ask): An apology for the lack of nudes yesterday. 

 

Jongin just sent back a picture of him with a raised eyebrow. He saw that it was opened and there was no further reply. He turned his phone off and continued perusing the files. 

 

He decided that the bear person was a lead and he needed to follow it. He went online and began looking up the Macha Mafia. There was an article that popped up, written 12 years ago when they had disappeared. 

 

As Jongin quickly read it, he realized exactly who these people were. The article basically talked about how a detective almost brought down their whole operation before he and his wife were brutally murdered leaving behind two children. Although the detective had been killed he had accumulated enough evidence to force the Macha into hiding. 

 

Jongin remembered this detective from when he had been much younger then and came to visit the police station to see his uncle. Jongin's uncle who was a cop was Jongin's inspiration for becoming a cop although he was now retired. 

 

Jongin decided he had to pay his uncle a visit and ask him about this detective. He would have to wait for a while though, his uncle and cousins had gone on a small family vacation. They would be back Saturday, so Jongin would visit them Sunday. 

 

Jongin figured he had gained some hope for the day but he needed to start finding more information if he had a shot, he also couldn't just wait for Sunday to roll around. 

 

He continued looking through the files for now. 

 

Attached were pictures of the mangled bodies that the Mafia left behind. It was gruesome but nothing that Jongin wasn't used to. Each of them had the insignia of the lotus stamped onto the left side of their hip for some strange reason.

 

Jongin figured that this insignia had more meaning than everyone thought or that it let on. He would have to start cracking down to find out.