Chapter 10

Cops and Robbers in Love

"Hey, Jongin! You said we were going for dinner and then cuddling." Sehun said with a pout ever present on his sweet pink lips. "Well, I may have left out just one activity, but I promise this is the last one before dinner and cuddling." Jongin said leading Sehun off the bike and onto a dirt trail. He had been planning this date for a while and after finding out about Sehun's past he realized today was the day. Granted he threw a bunch of date ideas together and now he's forced to step his game up for future dates. 

They came to an empty building and Jongin pulled out a bunch of keys. "This is a police confiscated building and I was able to get the keys for a few days with a little begging and extra work I'm going to have to put in now." Jongin said unlocking the door. He opened it and stepped inside, holding the door open for Sehun. He closed the door and flicked on the light which took a while to actually come on. 

When the lights came on beauty was revealed. The entire place was covered in fairy lights and there was water trickling down from these small artificial waterfalls, filling the room in a thin layer of water until it reached the bottom which was a curve that led towards a drain where the water went down and reconnected to the waterfall to cascade freshly, creating a beautiful scenario without needing to have water on constantly. 

"Jongin, this is- it's awe inspiring." Sehun said with tears forming in his eyes. He couldn't believe the lengths Jongin went to for him, with this and everything else he had done, and not just today. From the beginning, when Jongin heard everything Yixing had to say that first day and finding out all about his involvement with the Mafia and the fact that he was messed up, none of that deterred Jongin and Sehun was grateful for that. 

"It was nothing much. I mean, I had some guys from the station help me out, Officer Diaz, his daughter just had her quincenera and he had this left back and he lent it to me for now. They even helped me set this up and it was one of the guys who recommended this place for the waterfall, because it has a sloping floor and a drainage system, they thought it was perfect and they set it back up so that the water wouldn't be wasted and could be reused over and over again. It only took like 3 hours, but I had been planning this for a while so it wasn't rushed or anything. I'm just going to shut up now and you can wipe that smug smile off your kissable lips." Jongin said. 

"Hmm, they're kissable now, are they? Prove it." Sehun challenged, Jongin dove in and smacked his lips against Sehun, when Jongin made the move to turn his head and deepen the kiss, he waited until Sehun got into it before he abruptly stopped, pulling away. "That's what you get." Jongin told Sehun. 

Sehun laughed and hugged Jongin. "I think your best quality is how damn thoughtful you are, and your nervous rambling of course." Jongin hugged him back holding his tight to his body, like it would physically hurt him if he ever let go. Jongin knew he didn't love Sehun yet, but he was also aware that this wouldn't be true for much longer. He could already feel his affections surging and heart swelling and knew that Sehun would be a very crucial part of his happiness. 

They stayed that way for a while before Jongin yanked Sehun over to the waterfall and in the middle of the cascading water there was a small piece of makeshift grass where they could sit and relax. Jongin and Sehun sat, feeling the slight dampness but remaining fairly dry and Jongin pulled a switch connected to an extension cord hidden in the folds of the grass and kept away from the water and clicked it. There was a projector that popped out of nowhere and the lights went off save for the fairy lights.

The projector aimed to the ceiling and a semblance of a starry night was displayed. It showed stars twinkling and shooting stars blasting through an endless void. The water was then shot up in sprouts and upon looking closer, Sehun noticed a sprinkler system that was cleverly hidden spraying the water. The water stopped its spray only for the grassy patch they were laying on to raise up on some kind of platform. It rolled like there was some sort of machinery underneath, making Sehun feel like he was flying on a carpet of grass. A fan suddenly and blew air at them, making it feel even more like flying. A door opened from behind them and small rocks came falling down, they were suddenly stopped by the placement of something Sehun couldn't see in the water and formed a straigh line. The rocks were smooth and nicely shaped, adding a more natural feel. 

"Wait, there's one more element to this..." Jongin said, "FIRE!" and he stuck his hand into his pocket and pulled out a small lighter and flicked it, causing a small flame to burn. Sehun laughed so hard at this, he snorted. "Yeah, all four elements. Water, Earth, Fire, Air," Sehun said. "Long ago the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the fire nation attacked. Only the avatar, master of all four elements could stop them but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anybody. But I believe Aang can save the world." Jongin recited. "OOF!" Sehun added, falling back on the grass. 

"I didn't know you were an avatar fan." Sehun said looking at Jongin. "Yeah, well usually when I bring it up people always say, 'the blue people?' and so I just don't bring it up anymore." Jongin answered, laying back with Sehun. "Jongin, you're hot and all, but Zuko's way hotter." Sehun said seriously. "I take no offence to that, at least I'm the one laying next to you right now." Jongin said. 

"By the way, three hours?" Sehun questioned with his eyebrows raised. "Well, I might have spent a lot more time and effort then that but I just wanted you to be impressed with my efficiency." Jongin said. "I am just plain impressed." Sehun said. 

"Well, we actually have to leave now because I have dinner plans for us." Jongin said sheepishly. "What? I want to enjoy a little bit longer." Sehun said sadly. Jongin pushed his hair out of his face, "We'll come back. I still have another week of using this place before I have to dismantle and return everything. So we will enjoy it some more." Jongin said. 

Jongin got up and started to push the rocks back into place, lower the platform, turn off the sprinklers, the fairy light, and the waterfall letting the water drain back and then he locked up while Sehun helped and then waited outside. They headed to the bike and when Sehun tried to make a grab for the keys, Jongin didn't let him, saying he really wanted to drive to this last adventure of theirs for the day. Sehun gave in, knowing Jongin wasn't unreasonable or unkind and off the went. 

As they drove into the driveway of a house, Sehun looked confused. "Jongiiiin. You promised, you said after that it was dinner and then cuddles. I'm hungry and ready to reward you with sweet kisses and cuddles for being such a great human being and a thoughtful boyfriend." "Relax, Hunnie. A promise is a promise. This is our dinner plans, just come in and see." Jongin placated. 

They walked up to the door and before Jongin could knock, the door swung open and an older lady, who was beautiful opened the door. She hugged Jongin. "Hey ma." Jongin said. Oh  Sehun thought, Am I even ready for this? Oh well, it's too late and Jongin is definitely worth it.

He walked up to her and extended his hand, "I am Oh Sehun, Jongin's boyfriend. Please to meet you Mrs. Kim." Sehun said cordially but the woman just yanked Sehun by his arm into a hug. "I've heard so much about you from Jongin and even Kyungsoo when he came home earlier. He told me what a nice boy you are and well, I just hope you stay with him. He's a very good boy as well, I'm sure you know that though. He's had a few relationships before but this is the first one in such a long time, police work and academy training were all he could think about and I'm happy he's dating again. I want grandkids and a pretty carrier like you would give such beautiful grandkids. Oh my, I'm rambling." Jongin's mother gushed out, ushering them inside the house saying it's too cold. 

Sehun laughed like a mad man. "I can see where Jongin gets it from now. I find it the most adorable quirk ever and the same applies to you Mrs. Kim." She blushed and nodded, appreciating the compliment. 

Sehun walked in suddenly hyper aware of his appearance, trying to smooth and comb out his windswept and dishevelled hair from riding the motorbike, racing, hang gliding and the fan. He cannot believe Jongin brought him to his parents house without prior notice for Sehun to make himself look presentable.

"Come sit, I have dinner prepared. Sehun and Jongin sat at the table when a kind man came out, he was probably Jongin's father then. He walked up to them and patted Jongin on the head and then clasped hands with Sehun. "Nice to meet you son." He said. 

They were served dinner by Jongin's parents and they enjoyed a nice meal with small talk, which Kyungsoo soon joined. It wasn't too much to handle, no invasive questions. Just a friendly get together, where they got to know each other a little bit and develop a sense of comfort which Sehun was grateful for. After dinner, they chatted a little bit before Jongin said he should probably get Sehun back. They bid the family goodbye, Sehun receiving a warm hug from all of them and promises of doing this again, but with Sehun hosting were passed around. Finally the exited the house. 

"Sehun, I never meant to put you on the spot if you felt uncomfortable with me springin this on you but everytime I found out a new tidbit of information about you, you would give me the opportunity to opt out of the relationship. It's as if you are expecting me to just up and run away from you because I'm scared of commitment and I cannot handle your past. I felt this is the best way to prove to you that I'm serious about our relationship and felt you would more readily agree if it was forced on you." Jongin explained.

Sehun smiled, interlocking their fingers. "It wasn't awkward. It was nice and comfortable and I'm not mad at all, quite the opposite actually. I'm very happy and content and you're right. Every relationship I've had in the past ended up being short and more of a fling because those guys were afraid of commitment and getting tangled up with somebody who has as much emotional baggage as me. That's why I'm wary but after today, how can I not trust you?" Sehun questioned, pulling Jongin by the shirt and kissing him slowly and sweetly. Now let's go, your apartment, I'm sure Junmyeon is still there and we don't need to be interrupting whatever it is they're doing or whatever Junmyeon thinks will help improve Yixing's psychology." 

Jongin laughed at that but heeded Sehun's words, letting him drive this time. They arrived at Jongin's apartment and before Jongin could reach the TV to put on a movie for their cuddle time, Sehun had flung himself at him and attacked him. Kissing him and pulling his hair. "Was us coming here all part of your ploy to get in my pants?" Jongin jokingly questioned. 

"Kind of actually." Sehun breathlessly answered and Jongin shrugged reaching for him when Sehun pulled away. He then pulled out his phone and texted Yixing he would be staying at Jongin's for the night and not to worry. Sehun then jumped into Jongin's arms. "I wanted to wait until things got more serious to sleep together and well, they're serious now. So bed me Kim Jongin and bed me good." Sehun demanded. "Oh my gosh, you're such a weirdo." Jongin laughed carrying Sehun to his room. But he complied to everything Sehun asked for and he bed him real proper. 

It was a beautiful night for many reasons.