Chapter 6

Cops and Robbers in Love

So, as it turned out, the police station was very understanding. Yixing had gone back to his academy and his old instructors were still teaching there. They had allowed Yixing to complete the tests and training that he missed which were minimal and only worth a week of training. They pulled out old archives to prove he had done the previous training and gave him his certificate.

Shortly after, Yixing went to the police station his father worked at, precinct 99 and asked to be put on the case alongside Jongin. The new cheif of police had no idea who Yixing was and claimed that no newbies were allowed on such high-end and information delicate cases. It took old police officers who knew Yixing from when he was younger to talk to the cheif of police and Yifan admitting to who his father is, which he begrudgingly did because he is no coattail hanger, to convince the cheif of police to let him onto the case. 

Finally they had arrived at this moment, where Sehun decided to take Yixing out to celebrate and Jongin thought it was a great idea to introduce Junmyeon and Yixing at this occasion. Seeing as Jongin was invited along to celebrate and Jongin thought ahead to the fact that this first meeting with Yixing and Junmyeon could go south and having him and Sehun there to intervene would be helpful.

Yixing was still very guarded and found it difficult to trust people but for the sake of his newfound momentum on moving on he was willing to try. Junmyeon was a shy schoolteacher who was not very well-versed in love, he had been in a long-term relationship with his highschool sweetheart that ended in cheating and a broken engagement. 

So here they all were, in an ice-cream parlour for perhaps the most awkward double date/blind date known to man. Sehun had ordered mint chocolate chip and was happily munching away, Jongin had ordered double fudge chocolate and was hesitantly eating but sneaking huge bites here and there because frankly it was sooo delicious~, Yixing had ordered pistachio ice cream, while Junmyeon ordered plain vanilla. Those two had their ice cream half melted and neglected in their not quite but also intense meeting of their eyes. Yixing looked angry curse those angry bird eyebrows of his and Junmyeon looked frightened to be quite honest. 

"So, how did you two meet?" Sehun asked Junmyeon to try and clear the tension slowly building in the air bless his cute soul Jongin thought. Junmyeon looked grateful. "Well, we were actually neighbours during our childhood and I used to tutor Jongin when I was in high school and he was in middle school. We stayed close friends and so did our parents, which probably had a lot to do with us staying in contact. It happens when you see ech other a lot at family gatherings." Junmyeon said chirpily. 

"Hmmph, a carrier and giver alone together for hours at a time with nothing but boring subjects. You sure you two were never an item and that's why you are still in contact. Junmyeon had gone beet red and went into a state of shock where no sounds came out of his mouth. Jongin simply laughed as loud as he could. 

'Well, there was a time where I had gotten a date with a carrier I had been crushing on for the longest time. It was freshmen year of high school and I had never kissed anyone. I was so afraid that if I had to kiss the carrier I would be so horrible at it, I'd lose any chance I had. So, I begged Junmyeon to teach me how to kiss... Naturally he said no, he saw me too much like a brother and claimed it would be too uos." Jongin explained. 

It was at that moment, Yixing laughed. After that it was all smooth sailing and Yixing and Junmyeon began chatting up a storm, completely ignoring and disregarding the other presences at the table. Jongin and Sehun sent each other knowing smiles and left the table with Sehun texting Yixing that they were heading to the apartment. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jongin and Yixing were left at a standstill. They were trying to figure out how to get into the Macha without being suspicious. How could they just casually waltz in and demand a position. They needed to create some sort of background information in the crime ring and see if they can work their way up the social ladder in the Mafia. People didn't just join the Mafia, especially big groups like this without any priors. 

They got to work with the IT specialists and hackers that worked with the police to create fake background information. The first thing they needed was cover names. "K letter names are cool!" They both shouted at the same time causing Yixing to frown and Jongin to chuckle. "I choose Kris as my alias." Yixing said with no room for argument. "Okay, cool. I'll be called Kai." 

Seems like that was decided rather quickly. They designed their profiles to match them. Since they were both of Asian descent, it only made sense to run with that and make that the reason why their names wouldn't have been heard of. 

Jongin was supposedly a Korean who had been orphaned and abandoned on the streets. He took to theivery, drug slinging, and even fight clubs to survive and make enough money for a living. It was always best to weave some truth in to make any lie more believable. He had eventully been recruited into a gang before cops took down that gang, and Kai was forced to flee the country or face imprisonment. He was looking to get back into the gang life and he was making a ploy to go big or go home. 

Yixing was Chinese, since his features took after his mother more than his father and he appeared more of Chinese descent. He was an wild child, he had always pushed his parents to the edge and gotten off on pulling dangerous stunts until his parents kicked him out, unable to handle it anymore. Yixing went from petty crimes to running for the big names in China until that wasn't enough for him anymore and he got a whiff of the Macha resurfacing and he followed the whispers to here. 

It helped that both of them spoke the respectable languages. Jongin had been adopted by a Korean family who spoke to him in Hangul and so he fully understood it and was able to speak it well enough, his mother had forced him to be better than those 'half-assed kids who can only understand.' Yixing had attended Mandarin and Cantonese classes from a young age in order to keep his mother's roots alive and well within him, he was extremely fluent. The both of them would be adopting accents for this project. 

Now came the hard part, getting into the place since they had their background stories in check and all the small crumbs and leads they would need to keep their background dirty and in line with their lies should the Macha run a background check, which they certainly will. 

It had been a month of Yixing and Jongin working together, Sehun and Jongin went on enough dates before they decided to just jump right into it and make their relationship official. It's not like either of them planned on seeing anyone else and they were still relatively new to their relationship. Yixing and Junmyeon had a very slow starting relationship but they had met a few times since the ice cream date and now Yixing and Jongin, rather Kris and Kai were standing on Freeridge, looking at their ticket in. 

They had staged a scenario where the two of them, who met by a of fate in this country and decided to work together, rob and beat a man (police officer in disguise) for his money and then they would walk away slingin drugs on both their bodies to try and attract attention. They wouldn't be perceived as anything but petty criminals and small fish but that's exactly who the Macha look for to do small jobs. Besides it was always safer to work your way up, less suspicious. 

They walked casually along the street before a man walked by. "Hey, you look like you might be interested, want any?" Yixing asked lifting his jacket and revealing traces of fairly new (not new enough to be overly suspicious, why would someone low end have access to these drugs? But new enough to be worth something.) "Kris, just look at him, those clothes are made of too good quality material for this guy to be a druggie." Jongin snickered hatefully. 

The man looked around fearfully and made a dash for it when his wallet accidentally fell out revealing big wads of cash. "Oh ho ho, lookie here Kai. It seems like someone got lost on the wrong street. What do you say we teach him a lesson on manners and how it's rude to ignore somebody and then run away."

They held him down and beat him up, mostly in the abdomen which was pre padded but ensured adding in a few calculated hits to other parts of the body to leave him looking bruised and defenceless. They took the planted wallet and money and walked away, knowing without looking, the officer was walking with a limp away from the scene with a worried look on his face and an attempt to call the police which did not work since his phone got broken from all those hits. The phone was also planted, and previously broken. 

As they walked away, snickering to each other and whispering about what a 'weak ' that guy was, a shady man stepped out from around the curb. 

"How would you like to hear a little business proposition for you fellas?" He asked in a thick Russian accent. "I'm sure you have manners and know how rude it is to ignore one's questioning." He smirked.

Jongin and Yixing shared a look before glancing back towards the man and nodding their heads. "Good, now follow me." He said in an eerie tone. "I'm sure you've heard of the Macha."