Chapter 4

Cops and Robbers in Love

"What do you mean, Sehun?" Jongin asked in shock. "I don't understand, explain to me." Sehun just shook his head and hugged tighter onto Jongin's body, seeking comfort. Jongin held him tight, hoping for some sort of explanation whenever Sehun was ready. 

Yixing had gone quiet and still, unable to process everything that was happening around him. "This is why I told you Sehun, stay away from cops. You go and get yourself involved with a cop and that cop had to be involved in the Macha crime ring. How stupid are you? Are you looking to die, Sehun?" Yixing suddenly had an outburst. 

Sehun reluctantly pulled himself from the safe embrace Jongin's arms had to offer. "Ge, you can't be like this. It's not fair, I did not know he was investigating the Macha and no I do not have a death wish. I can't believe you have such a prejudice against cops. Our father was one! And you cannot blame his death on him being a cop, these things happen, and yes cops lead a dangerous life but it doesn't mean that all cops will die in their profession or that those related to them will also die. Ge, you need to get this in your head. Also, I know tthat you're my older brother and that you're my only family but I'm a grown man, I'm 27 years old and I will not allow you to control or run my life. With all due respect ge, it is my life."

Yixing looked angry. "I am not trying to run your life, Sehun! I am only looking out for you. I know not all cops are bad but I know the life our father had and the life our mother had, constantly worried sick. I also know that the Macha mafia are dangerous people and that they do go for loved ones. You know how I know that, because they killed our father, who was a grade A detective and damn good at protecting himself. It leaves you to wonder how they got him. Oh, wait, that's right. They used your mother, his wife as leverage. At least respect your dead parents and do what they would want, stay away from all of this Sehun. We've been tangled up in this before and we don't need it. Sehun it seems like I have more love for both our father and your mother. You know I never knew my mother, the person I see as my mother is your birth mother but it seems like you couldn't give a about her."

SLAP

"Screw you, Yixing. How dare you say that. I didn't care about my parents? You loved them more than me? Yes, Yixing, I know you loved them but don't put me down and say I didn't love them either. Listen, I like Jongin and I want to take my chances on whatever is newly blooming between us. Don't you dare say I am disrespecting my parents by doing so. Jongin is not a bad guy and I know I will be protected no matter what because that's just the kind of person Jongin is." Sehun said in a breathy rant all the while Jongin was standing around all awkwardly, averting his eyes and attempting to hide his body. 

"Jongin baby, I'm sorry but I'll have to ask you to leave now. Just know that I truly do like you and that I wish you would continue to go on dates with me to see where this is going but if you think that you cannot handle this I'll understand." Sehun turned to Jongin and said sadly. 

"Sehun I don't want to come in between your brother and you." Jongin said, and Sehun hung his head, devestated. "But I like you too much to just let you go, I would love to find out more about you and I will work on earning your trust Yixing." Jongin said to Yixing who had gone sullen. 

Yixing hmmphed and then walked away to his room slamming the door. "Goodnight Sehun." Jongin said while walking towards the door to leave after Yixing had disappeared. "But just one question, what was your dad's name?"

"Oh, it was detective Oh." Sehun meekly responded. Jongin was double shocked. "I knew your dad! He used to work with my uncle when I went to visit him in the police station. He was a very nice man and a brilliant detective, all the case work I have from the Macha files were his work. I'm so sorry for your loss, Sehun. I'm actually going to see my uncle tomorrow and I was going to ask about your dad and his work pertaining to the case. I know you and your brother do not wish to be involved but if you would like to come along and hear more about your dad, you are more than welcome to come along." Jongin offered, thinking it was the right thing to do.

"I would love to. Thank you Jongin, I had a really nice night. I'm sorry for ending it this way." Sehun said shyly. Jongin just smiled sadly at him, "It was the best night of my life, that was because of you." and with that he left promising himself that he would not let go of Sehun. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was Sunday morning and Jongin had texted Sehun when he woke up when would be an appropriate time to pick him up. It was 10:15 am and he was on his way to pick Sehun up. As he pulled into the apartment complex he saw Sehun standing outside the building waiting for him, probably to avoid any other explosive encounters with Yixing being repeated. 

"Hey," Sehun said breathily as he closed the door to the car. It was slightly chilly outside and Sehun's nose had taken on the cutest red tint to it. Jongin smiled brightly at him greeting him as such, "HEY!" and leaning over to deliver a much deserved peck on Sehun's sweet lips before pulling away and driving again. 

As they reached Jongin's uncle's house and exited the car, Jongin could feel Sehun's nervousness radiating off of him in waves. He moved closer to Sehun and linked their hands together. He could see Sehun visibly relax at that, feeling slightly comforted. 

They entered and found the house empty save for Jongin's uncle. "Hey, uncle. Where's auntie?" Jongin asked. "Oh son, she went out with the kids to do a little shopping. Something about a warehouse sale." Jongin giggled at that. "And who is this handsome young man?" Jongin's uncle cheekily asked. 

"This is Sehun, we're kind of involved. It's er- a new relationship. Ironically, he happens to be Detective Oh's son, I actually came today to speak about Detective Oh as I told you on the phone." Jongin said nervously. "Ah yes, I feel like I have met you before, Sehun. I know for sure that I met Oh's giver son, Yixing multiple times and I'm sure I'd seen you when you were a mere babe. You've grown into a fine young man, I'm sure your father would be mighty proud of you." Jongin's uncle smiled at him. 

"Thank you Mr. Kim. That means a lot coming from you. I know how close you were to my father before he passed. I also know that my father spoke very highly of you." Sehun replied nicely. 

"Okay, sons come and sit down so that I can answer any questions that you might have." He told them. Jongin and Sehun complied going to sit on the couch seated directly across from Mr. Kim sitting extremely close to each other despite the spacious couch. 

"So, what happened at the end. It seemed like he had connected all the dots and found every little detail before his untimely death. That detective Oh, suddenly disappeared and so did his final work. I'm left with a lot of potholes. Although I was given substantial information from his work, there's just not enough of anything to pin these s for what happened." Jongin asked confused. Sehun grabbed hold of his hand again, squeezing. 

"Well, Jongin, what can I say. The Macha found out the information he had on them and one day when he was coming in to deliver his final work. I recieved a picture of Mrs. Oh being detained by them. It seemed as if they did their research on Oh as well and found out the every detail of his life, using it to their leverage. They took Mrs. Oh and so I sent the picture to him, since he was not there and the picture was sent along with a message. 'Be here Oh, in 45 minutes along with all information you have. Do not bring anyone, come alone, without weapons if you do not wish for us to send your wife to you, in pieces.'" 

He had no choice but to go and I couldn't come along. They did not stick to their word, but what could be expected from low down dirty criminals like them. They killed them both and then sent us their bodies, mangled and stamped with a lotus. There was no way to track the address of the message either. We tried for months to no avail. It was then that the Macha went into hiding and all information was lost." 

Sehun looked close to breaking down but he was staying strong. "So why the lotus?" Jongin asked. 

This time it was Sehun who answered, "A lotus is mean to symbolize the purity of the body, soul, and mind. They use a burning and withering lotus to show how they will defile and destroy all that is pure in the world. Their true motive is unknown."

Mr. Kim was shocked. "Wow, even I did not know that. I remember your father mumbling about it one day but I didn't pay attention. Only now that you're saying it does it sound familiar." 

"Thank you for all the information uncle, it was extremely helpful. And thank you Sehun for being so strong and helpful as well." Jongin said. 

"No problem babe." Sehun said at the same time as Mr. Kim said, "No, problem son." They looked at each other and laughed. 

"Promise to keep me informed in case I can supply you with any more information Jongin, okay?" Mr. Kim said. "Now let's relax and get to know each other. I'm very interested in you, Sehun."

"I'll tell you anything you wish to know." Sehun said to both Jongin and his uncle.