[TW] Chapter 7

Cops and Robbers in Love

Jongin and Yixing followed the shady man into a nondescript building. As soon as they entered the man questioned them, "So what are your names?" 

Jongin looked at Yixing to answer first, "My name is Lay and he's Kai." He said nodding over to Jongin. The man nodded, "So tell me what led you to a life of crime?" 

This time Jongin spoke. "I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me. Heh or at least I've heard many people say that here. Circumstance led me to do what was necessary for survival. My friend over here is just an andrenaline junkie." 

The man nodded in approval. "You seem like you don't mind getting your hands dirty." He said and smirked. 

"No, not at all." Yixing answered. "We strive to make a big name for ourselves in the streets and gain some sort of immunity from the cops. We're both wanted men as of now." 

"That's even better for us. Anyway my name is Milos and I help run a sect here for the mafia. I would like to enlist you both, if you would agree." 

They both eagerly nodded. "Good. There's nothing better than fresh, young and eager faces." Milos said. 

"I need you to do a job for me. Consider it as a training period, yes?" Milos asked. Again they nodded. 

"Okay, go to this club and find somebody for me. His name is Nikolas and he owes me some money. Collect it." He then provided directions to the club for Yixing and Jongin.

As they strapped into their car. Police issued and not their own, of course, they followd the directions. 

They walked into the club and were instantly bombarded with the smell of , cigars, sweat, and greasy men covered in glitter. There were a few strippers who came up to them and asked if they were up for some fun, the boys politely declined asking if they knew anyone by the name of Nikolas. The strippers quickly ran away from them upon being questioned with fright on their faces. 

Jongin and Yixing wandered the club, sneaking into VIP by slipping the bouncers the money that was in the wallet they 'stole.' The man raised hand with his index finger standing upright indicating that they had one hour to be finished with their business and out of there. As they walked up they saw a group of people all sitting around a table, gambling. There were cigars burning and glasses of bourbon present. 

Jongin and Yixing lingered around, waiting for the opportunity to jump in and trying to figure out who was Nikolas. "You know that annoying mutt some twelve years back." A greasy man with tacky slicked back hair acting as a comb over for his bald said. "Yes, the detective who forced us into hiding, no." A bigger and more formal and tolerable man spoke. 

"I wonder where that carrier son of his is now. We never quite got to finish with him. He was something delectable and I'm sure adulthood has only increased his beauty. Oh, how he squealed and the way his mother cried, it was simply delicious. His father was so mad, even managed to knock a few guys down. Five men weren't enough to hold him back. Although a knife to his son's throat was more than enough for him to stop his incessant squirming." The greasy man spat out, laughing in this sickeningly creepy tone. Yixing and Jongin stiffened becoming worried about the situation and thinking the worst, when they were distracted.

A carrier waiter then passed by, the boy looking extremely timid and disturbed before everyone at the table firmly d at his and tried to get him to touch them. One guy even managed to grab him so hard he fell over and his face landed in someone else's crotch, who took advantage of the situation and grinded into the waiter's face, laughing down at him. This was enough to make Jongin know whatever was about to go down between them was well deserved. These men were disgusting and a waste of space. 

"What was that beautful carrier boy's name again? Something like Say-hoon, ah yes. Sehun, can't forget him. We should start a renewed search for him, although his annoying father is out of the way and we have no reason to touch him, I would like to finish what we started before. Then keep him around as our pet." The more tolerable, now intolerable man said. 

By this point Yixing was as white as a sheet with a haunted look in his eyes and Jongin was quaking in anger, unable to hold himself back. But he was stopped by an even more shocking revelation. 

"Nikolas, he was always our pet. That brand of our insignia on his hip is more than enough to prove he is our property, and we always get what is ours." The greasy man opened his greasy mouth. 

"NIKOLAS, OR WHOEVER THE HELL YOU ARE! MILOS SENT US TO COLLECT HIS MONEY!" Jongin yelled out in anger. He had only just started dating Sehun and did not know very much about him but he'd be damned if he knew there was no connection and need to protect Sehun. Sehun was a pure human who did not deserve this. Jongin wanted to spend his days getting to know the good and the bad about Sehun and learning to love him, these things were meant for their future which would not be possible if these greasy s got their hands on his man. 

"Who are you, Jackie Chan and why are you demanding from me?" Nikolas questioned Jongin. If Jongin wasn't already pissed that racist quip would have done him in. Although he loved Jackie Chan, he was Korean dammit. "Yeah, and I fight like him too." Jongin added instead. "Now let me introduce you to Lay (Bruce) Lay real quick." And he yanked Yixing out to join him. 

The men all jumped out at them but Jongin and Yixing were in full on protective mode with their bodies pumping them full of adrenaline and running on instict at this point. They happened to work in perfect synch, reading the other's body language and moving accordingly. Where Jongin punched high, Yixing kicked low. It all happened in such a blur that before they realized it, the bodies were on the floor and Nikolas was cowering with his hand out, holding wadded up money bills in his grubby fingers. "Here, this is all I owe. It's what you came for, no. You won't hurt me if you take it, will you." Nikolas pitifully begged them. 

Yixing spit on him, "We heard what a child molester you are and we'll spare your sorry , given that you don't do that creepy and that you leave this Say-hoon character well and enough alone. You've done enough. And trust me, you disobey us, we'll know." Yixing said in a dangerous tone. The man nodded gratefully, "Whatever you say, man. Just don't hurt me." 

They walked away, not wanting to even talk to the man. They knew the more interactions they had with him, the more they'd want to kill him. Yixing had half a mind to go back and bran a mark onto the man's and hands for whatever he said, how he treated the waiter and if what he said about doing to Sehun was true. 

As they walked away, the carrier moved from where he was hiding and bowed deeply to them. "Thank you so much. Those creepers force themselves on me constantly and I could never do anything about it. My boss never cared and I needed this job." He cried holding one of each of their hands. 

Yixing patted his back while Jongin looked back, ashamed of giver's behaviour towards carriers. "It's no problem. We cannot stand for such injustice." He whispered to the carrier, well aware of all the listening ears in the club. The man smiled at them and walked away. They followed heading out of the club and back to the car to deliver the money to Milos. He was another creep.

As soon as they entered, Milos called. "Back so soon? Bet he refused. That cheap bastard, always making me come get my money myself. He thinks nobody else can touch him." He immediately shut his mouth and looked genuinely surprised at the money Jongin handed to him. "How?" Milos asked. 

"Well, he wasn't so untouchable. We kicked his guard's asses and he cowered before our feet, grovelling and handing us the money. Some mafia character alright." Jongin said, genuinely annoyed but not at the lack of promise in the mafia. 

"Well, that's impressive. He had very strong guards, you two will definitely be of use to us. As for Nikolas, he himself is not really mafia material. He is more of a seller of our business, a man of words." Milos tried to convey. "Now get out and come back tomorrow at 9:00 am. We do not need you for anything more today." Jongin and Yixing wordlessly left, driving over to the police station. They wrote the report on what they had done for the day and afterwards Jongin offered to drive Yixing home and carpool since he wanted to stop by and see Sehun. Yixing agreed, on the terms that Jongin also pick him up in the morning. 

As soon as they reached home, Yixing unlocked the door and stepped inside. "Oh, Jongin! You're here?! I'm looking forward to our next date. There's so much more I'm dying to know about you." Sehun exclaimed. 

"Yeah, well there's so much I'm dying to know about you." Yixing stated, walking over to Sehun. He pulled Sehun towards him and yanked his pants down, just enough around his hips where nothing was exposed but it was low enough for Jongin and Yixing to make out the bran of  withering lotus flower. Yixing backed away, with his hand to his mouth and tears gathering in his eyes. 

"Hunnie, what is this?" Yixing said with a quivering voice.