I'm sorry I picked up

Not just an accident

 

“Hey, either you pick up that phone or I swear to God I’ll make it so it won’t ring again. Ever.” My brother warned me.

 

My phone had been ringing like once every ten minutes since my little episode last night. I had like a thousand calls from Seungho, a few hundreds from Joon, and couple more from some unknown numbers. Perhaps the other members?  

 

“Just do it. I don’t care.” I slumped my head on the kitchen table.

 

“What’s going on with you? You came all weird last night and you messed up almost every order while you were working.” He brought me a cup of coffee and placed it in front of me.

 

“Nothing is wrong! Why does everyone keeps asking that?” I slammed my hands against the table.

 

“Are you on that time of the month or what? Jesus, you’re driving me nuts.”

 

“I’m driving myself nuts.” I whined. Sangmin patted my head softly.

 

“Seriously, what’s wrong?” He dragged a chair next to me and sat there to listen to my story. “Does it had something to do with those idols.”

 

“Urghh.” I groaned.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes.” He chuckled. “I hate to say this, but I told you so. Wanna talk about it?”

 

Next thing I know I’m blurting out the whole story, even my encounter with Min Soo last night.

 

“That ” Were his exact words when I finished talking.

 

“Really? That’s all you’ve got to say?” I stared at him. “At least say something I don’t know already.”

 

“The way I see it, you’ve got a thing for this Seungho guy and I think he likes you back.” He took a zip from his coffee.

 

“But what about Joon?” I pointed out.

 

“True.” He thought about it for a moment. “That’s something you’ll have to figure out. Soon. Oh and by the way, keep that Min Soo or whatever out of your life. If he ever shows his face around here…”

 

“I get it, macho man.” I planted a peck on his cheek. “Thanks for listening and sorry about the whole PMS thing this morning.”

 

“Yunhee saying sorry to her older brother?” He said dramatically. “There is something definitely wrong with you today.”

 

“Just today? Try my whole life.” I left the coffee cup in the sink and ran to my room. I had to go out and do stuff before I drove myself crazy. I’ll go buy some new headphones or something.

 

Hours later I found myself in the mall. I had visited at least three electronic stores and so far I had bought a big bag of nothing. I decided to go to one last store before going back home and continue to sulk.

 

The store I went to was one of those places you had to know exactly what you wanted to actually be able to go inside. Otherwise you’ll just stand there for hours wondering what the hell is all that stuff laying around you.

“Can I help you?” One of the sales girls asked politely. She had this huge smile in her face that made her look at least ten years younger.

 

“I’m looking for headphones. Something no too shabby.” I told her.

 

“Right this way.” I followed her till we reached the counter at the far end of the store. “So, do you work with something related to music? Or you just want to feel special while listening to your iPod?”

 

“Nice costumer service. I work with music.” I answered. I had to admit shopping was making me feel a lot better.

 

“I was hoping you would say that.” She winked. “How about these babies?” She handed me an expensive pair.

 

“Wow. How much are these? A million bucks plus my left arm?” I held them as if they were hand grenades.

 

“I’m afraid we’ll take both arms.” She laughed. “How about trying them?” She plugged them into and iPod and pressed play.

 

Boy they sounded beautifully.

 

“Just wrap them up for me before I change my mind.” I decided not to think much about it and just get them.

 

“I’ll be right back.” She looked proud of her sale. I wish all of us could be that happy.

 

“Here.” She handed me a bag with my purchase in it. It almost hurt to pay, but I still handed her the money.

 

“Have a nice day!” She waved while I left the store.

 

Before leaving I decided to grab something to drink. I took a seat on a coffee shop and ordered a cup of tea. I heard my phone ringing again, only this time I answered it.

 

“Hello?” I picked up.

 

“YUNHEE!” Seungho almost busted my eardrums. “ YOU FINALLY ANSWERED!”

 

“I guess.” I said awkwardly. “Seungho, I’m very sorry about what happened last night. I acted like such a brat.”

 

“You gave me quite a shock.” He sounded a bit relieved.

 

“Sorry.” I apologized again.

 

“Oh, and Yunhee?” He added. “About what I said last night, you know, before we were interrupted…”

 

“Yes?” I urged him to continue. My heart was already beating faster.

 

“Maybe we should just forget about it.” He finished.

 

“Pardon me?” I blurted out.

 

“Yeah. I was just being childish, you know.” Seungho said care freely. Was that really Seungho speaking?

 

“You were just fooling around?” I was hysterical.

 

“Um, sort of.” He said.

 

“You know what? I’m sorry I picked up.” I told him before hanging up and throwing my phone back in my purse.

 

I felt like utter crap. I should’ve never accepted to work with them; to work with HIM. I was just fooling myself into thinking we could live in the same world.

 

I stormed out of the coffee shop before they even brought me what I ordered.

 

C’mon Yunhee, it’s not that bad. You still have your opportunity to start a career, and you had the chance to meet awesome guys. Even if you got a bit hurt, it’s okay. It was worth it.

 

When I arrived to the club, I was surprised to see Joon standing at the door.

 

“What are you doing out here?!” I panicked. “What if someone sees you? Get in!” I pushed him all the way inside.

 

“Hey Yunhee.” He said happily.

 

“Hey Joon.” I said. “What brings you here?”

 

“I came to deliver you something special.” He smiled suspiciously.

 

“You don’t say.” I wasn’t in the mood for surprises, but looking at Joon so excited made me feel better.

 

“Ta-da!” He held out his hand. It was a piece of paper.

 

“What is this?”

 

“It’s a full pass for our performance this weekend. You’re obviously invited.” He ruffled my hair.

 

“I don’t know Joon…” I gave him the pass back. “Something happened today and I don’t think I should go.”

 

“It’s Seungho hyung, right?” He looked disappointed, but I couldn’t lie to him.

“Yes.” I said softly.

 

“Yeah, he’s been acting weird since last night. He’s been gloomy all day for some reason. The members were worried so we called you to see if something happened between you two. Thanks for answering, by the way.”

 

“Sorry about that.” I apologized. “But somehow I think I won’t be able to be of much help.” Since he was the one who just told me he was playing around all this time.

 

“Do you like him? You know, as a man?” Joon was really serious now. “Tell me the truth.”

 

“I don’t know.” I told him honestly. “Maybe? I don’t even know myself.”

 

He was walking towards me and I kept taking steps back.

 

“And how about me?” He asked. His eyes were so intense it was giving me chills. “Won’t you give me a chance?”

 

He was so close now. I could feel his breath on my face.

 

“Joon, I really don’t know.” I tried to push him back a little but he wouldn’t take a single step back. “I can’t think like this.”

 

“I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately, Yunhee.” He looked frustrated all of a sudden. “I don’t know if it’s love or what, but every time I see you and Seungho hyung together it pisses me off.”

 

Oh no.

 

“Excuse me,” A voice said from a corner. “I think my sister is looking rather uncomfortable. Would you mind backing off?”

 

Sangmin was sitting at the end of the bar with the newspaper in hand. Joon immediately jumped back.

 

“Brother! H-How long have you been there?”

 

“I was here before you guys came in. Too bad you were too busy to notice.” He smiled while flipping the pages of the paper.

 

“I should go, Yunhee.” Joon said, Then he wrapped his arms around be and hugged me tightly. I could feel his breath on my neck. It was weird how safe he made me feel. “You’ll come to the performance even if I have to drag you there myself.”

 

“Joon…” I felt so guilty right now.

 

“Hey I understand, it’s not like you can control your feelings. I won’t force you into anything, I promise. I also have some thinking to do. How about we go back to being friends?” He said.

 

“I would love that.” I finally hugged him back.

 

When he broke the hug, he offered me the pass one more time.

 

“You should go and show Seungho you’re doing fine. That will teach him a lesson.” Joon winked.

 

“I doubt he will care.”

 

“Oh trust me. He will.” He said. “Remember, it’s in two days!”

 

-In Mblaq’s dorm-

 

“What’s wrong with you Seungho? Your gloominess is annoying us all.” G.O. complained.

 

“I just acted like a complete douche.” Seungho sighed helplessly. “Oh my God, I’m an idiot.”

 

“Problems with Yunhee?” Thunder joined the conversation.

 

“I basically told her I’d been fooling around all this time.” Even thinking about it made Seungho feel like trash.

 

“Why in the world would you do that?!” G.O. smacked Seungho in the back of the head.

 

“I don’t know. I just think I’m forcing her into something she doesn’t want to be involved in.” Seungho said. “If she doesn’t likes me its better this way.”

 

“If you were any more dense, you’d be a rock or something, hyung.” Thunder said while opening a bag of chips.

 

“You didn’t see her reaction last night! We were this close to actually getting somewhere and all of a sudden she freaked out!” Seungho explained.

 

“Did you tried asking her why she freaked out?” Mir asked. He materialized next to Seungho without anyone noticing.

 

“I kind of did.” Seungho shrugged.

 

“No, ‘kind of did’ does not cut it.” G.O. scolded the leader. “You should try and talk to her. Face to face.”

 

“The only reason she will want to see my face right now is to punch me from here to China.” Seungho said grimly.

 

“Think of it this way.” Mir tried to make his hyung feel better. “She wouldn’t be mad at you if she didn’t liked you, right?”

 

“Right.” G.O. and Thunder echoed. A spark of hope lit up in Seungho’s heart.

 

“I’m back!” Joon arrived with tons of bags in his hands. “I brought some dinner.”

 

“Where were you?” Mir asked.

 

“At Yunhee’s.” Joon replied as if nothing had happened. All the members froze.

 

“What were you doing there?” Seungho asked sternly.

 

“Just to drop off her pass to the performance.” Joon replied. “But she was acting weird. Like, really sad for some reason.” I’ll teach you a lesson, hyung, he thought.

 

“She was?” Seungho’s heart sank.

 

“But it’s alright. I managed to make her feel better.” Joon smiled.

 

“And how did you do that, exactly?” Seungho was tensing up. Everyone began to feel the atmosphere getting heavier and heavier.

 

“Details, details.” Joon shrugged. “Lets just leave it at that.”

 

“Like hell I will!” Seungho was on his feet now.

 

“Wow! It wasn’t his fault that you decided to do something so idiotic. Do you blame her for being upset?” G.O. stood between them in case a fight broke out.

 

“Hyung, calm down alright?” Joon tried to comfort his leader. He really hated whenever they fought. “Nothing happened.”

 

Seungho glared at him for a moment, but then relaxed.

 

“Sorry for snapping like that.” He apologized.

 

“No prob. Just stop acting like a jerk alright? Be a man for God’s sake.” Joon patted his hyung in the back. “Or I might just steal her away.” He added very quietly.

 

“What was that?” Seungho couldn’t quite hear what Joon said at the end.

 

“Nothing, nothing.” Joon assured him. “Just go and have some dinner.”