Three

Miss Independent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Minjung (32) Founder and Owner of Glam Clothing Line

That one line has been stuck in Jongin’s mind the whole morning. He decided to make a small research about the company that he’s going to work into and he found out that his boss is actually just 3 years older than him. It actually made him feel unaccomplished. It’s just a 3 year gap but their lives are very different. Lee Minjung’s a successful businesswoman while he’s a struggling employee trying to live by his insufficient salary.

Self pity consumed him the whole time that he’s inside the elevator. The door came open a big and elegant signage which read “GLAM” welcomed him. He carefully stepped out of the elevator and slowly approached the glass door. With the success that the company’s experiencing, it’s no mystery why it has the whole 8th floor on its own.

Behind the glass door, he could see the people inside doing their jobs with so much life. The whole room’s just bursting with energy.

“What are you doing out here?”

Jongin quickly turned around and stared at Minjung with a surprised expression. She stared at him and he did the same. He was busy calming his heart because it was beating erratically. She’s looking like a damn goddess who came down to bless the ordinary people with her beauty.

“I- umm,” he started after snapping back to his senses. “I was just looking inside, wondering if it’s okay for me to enter.”

She blinked as if she was processing his answer in her mind. A smile crept on her face and Jongin swore he’s going to die due to heart attack. “Of course it’s okay for you to enter. You work here after all, remember? Now, follow me.”

He was aware of the sweet vanilla scent from her when she walked past him. He couldn’t explain why he’s reacting like a high school kid. He hasn’t felt his heart beating like crazy for years now after his last relationship. Jongin quickly drew a deep breath, shaking his head, before following Minjung inside. A series of cheerful ‘good morning’ greeting welcomed them.

Walking behind Minjung, he suddenly became aware of one thing – the employees are actually wearing casual clothes while he on the other hand is wearing his usual office attire. He looked like he didn’t belong there. All the employees looked a lot younger than him – like they just graduated from college.

Ugh. The ’s going to be awkward. He internally sighed. He stopped on his tracks when Minjung stopped.

“Everyone,” she started and all the employees looked at their direction. “We have a new workmate here.” She looked at Jongin and he quickly bowed his head in greeting.

“Hello, my name’s Kim Jongin. Nice to meet you all.”

A couple of bright ‘hello’ and ‘nice to meet you’ followed next. With the smiles on their faces, the employees actually looked really approachable. He was able to breathe in relief.

“He’s going to be working as my secretary so if you need to tell me something, you can approach him. You’ve all worked very hard these past months and I am just really grateful.” She turned to the right side of the office. “Special mention, Miss Kang Seulgi for working as my pseudo secretary all this time. Junmyeon’s been giving me an earful for giving you more work than what you’ve signed up for.”

Seulgi, the one wearing a bright yellow blouse, chuckled while shaking her head. Minjung took a deep breath and scanned the whole office with a smile. “And because I know that you’re all fantastic and to celebrate reaching another record this month, you’ll be getting your bonus this afternoon.”

The whole office erupted in bright cheers and applause.

“Thank you ma’am!”

“You’re the best!”

The whole time, Jongin was having a hard time fighting himself to stop staring at Minjung. But he couldn’t help it. She’s just too good to be true. She looked like a proud parent with her eyes twinkling in happiness as if she’s looking at her kids excelling. The effect she has in him is just too much to handle. And he’s never felt that before.

 

 

Jongin found himself finally settling on his new table just adjacent Minjung’s office. He was told to give his personal information at the human resources department so he quickly put his bag down. When he found where the HR was, he was told to fill out some papers for them. Wendy, the head of the HR, was kind enough to explain everything that he needed to complete.

He was busily filling out the questionnaires when he heard Minjung’s voice not far from where he was seated. And as if his eyes have their mind of their own, they landed on Minjung who was talking to an employee.

And before he knew it, he stopped writing and just continued staring.

“Pretty, isn’t she?”

“Yeah. She is.”

His eyes widened in horror when he came to his senses. He turned around and saw a familiar face. Kim Junmyeon – he’s sure that’s the guy’s name. He saw his picture when he was searching for information about Minjung. Jongin quickly pushed his seat back and stood, hitting his knee on the table in the process. He held back the yelp and bowed his head.

“Hello, sir.”

“Oh, hello.” Junmyeon greeted in return, nonchalantly.

Jongin could feel his cheeks heating up. He’s beyond embarrassed. A playful, almost teasing, smile played on Junmyeon’s face and Jongin didn’t know how to react. What should he say first?

“No need to be embarrassed. I also find Minjung pretty.” Junmyeon then looked at Minjung’s direction. She was looking at a tablet while an employee was talking as if she was explaining something. “And just a head’s up, she’s not dating anyone at the moment.”

Jongin’s brows furrowed in confusion. “W-Why are you telling me?”

Junmyeon shrugged coolly. “Just in case you’re interested in making a move on her.”

Now, Jongin’s du

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter