Twenty One

Miss Independent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiho’s been nothing but a cute bundle of innocence and curiosity. After getting reunited with her father, Minjung has been hanging around the hospital just to check on Jiho. It turned out that Jiho learned about her from a photo that Minjung’s father had in his wallet. It was a picture of her when she was a kid. Jiho asked his father about it and eventually, the older man told him about Minjung.

Lee Jaehoon’s wife knew about her husband’s past and she was understanding enough to let Minjung linger a bit longer when she visits.

Minjung never thought that she could ever be in such situation. Her bad feelings got resolved in just a matter of days talking to her father. She knew she couldn’t bring the past back. She could not be his little girl again. And that was fine for her.

There’s no need to be legally titled as one’s relative in order to feel like a part of a family. And that’s the case for her. She has ceased to be her father’s adoptive daughter but he still remained as her father in her heart. Surely, there’s a spot reserved for her in her father’s heart.

“Noona,” Jiho called out as he tugged Minjung’s blazer. She looked down before crouching.

“Why?”

“Where are we going?”

She smiled, ruffling Jiho’s hair a bit. “We’re going to the zoo. We’re going to see some animals. Do you like to see them?”

Jiho nodded immediately. “Will we be able to see lions?”

Minjung nodded enthusiastically. “Do you like lions?”

The little boy nodded giddily. “Yes. I watched a movie about lions with Jihoon hyung. They looked so big.”

“Are you not scared?”

Jiho blinked at her, thinking of what to answer. “They are actually scary but I want to see them.” He looked around. They were outside the hospital. She was given permission by Jiho’s parents to take him to the zoo since his dialysis just finished. The only condition was not to let the kid get too tired since his body is weaker compared to kids his age.

“Who are we waiting for?” he asked, still looking around.

“We’re waiting for our ride. Oh, our ride’s here.” Minjung stood and held Jiho’s hand when she saw Jongin driving towards them.

Jongin stopped the car in front of them and he got out immediately.

“Hyung!” Jiho brightly greeted with a smile.

Jongin lifted Jiho in the air once he got to where they were standing. The kid giggled in Jongin’s arms. “Are you ready to go to the zoo, little man?” Jongin asked.

“Yes!” Jiho replied, raising his hand.

Jongin turned to Minjung who was smiling. “How about you, miss? Are you ready?”

“Yes!” Minjung answered in the same tone as Jiho. The latter chuckled before whispering something to Jongin. Minjung raised a brow while Jongin was just grinning.

“What was that?” she asked, looking at the two.

Jiho covered Jongin’s mouth with both hands. “Secret,” he cheekily replied. He then looked at Jongin. “Hyung, let’s go.”

Jongin nodded and turned to walk to the car.

“Hey, what was that about?” Minjung asked, following them.

“Secret,” Jongin cheekily answered, copying Jiho’s answer a while back.

“You two,” she said, trying to sound serious but the smile on her face gave her up. “Seriously, what was that about?”

Jongin and Jiho looked at each other before looking at her. They both grinned. “Secret,” they said at the same time.

Minjung found herself smiling like a fool at the duo’s fantastic chemistry.

 

 

“It’s still pouring outside,” Minjung stated as she looked outside the window. She stared at the city’s night view. Lights from various buildings appeared like twinkling fireflies. She looked over her shoulder, just in time to see Jongin bringing their food to the table in the living room.

“What’s that?” she asked curiously when she saw a ceramic pot on the table. She walked towards Jongin who was busily arranging the side dishes. She sat on her own spot as he settled beside her.

“Steamed eg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter