Two

Miss Independent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was sweating so much when he got to his desk. He had to run from the ground floor to the 9th floor because the elevator was being repaired. Talk about luck. He looked around, searching for his boss. A sigh of relief came out from his lips when he was sure that he got there before his boss. Still catching his breath, he leaned back and stared at the ceiling.

The lady in pastel blue, Lee Minjung, from yesterday has been in his mind since they got out of the police station after making a report. He could vividly remember her expression when she was confronting the ert. She looked so fearless. She reminded him of a cat with a spirit of a tiger.

Speaking of the ert, he was locked up after the report. He has been reported for the same thing a couple of times before so it looked like the punishment’s going to be heavier. He’s been stalking the girl before so he was given a restraining order. Jongin could only keep his fingers crossed that the girl’s going to be just fine.

“Secretary Kim.”

Jongin quickly sat straight. Lee Taemin, one of the guys from the HR Department, peaked inside with a worried expression. Jongin stood and approached him, wondering about the reason behind that appearance.

“Why?”

Taemin looked over his shoulder and sighed. “She’s here. You know, the lady who our boss said not to entertain.”

Jongin looked at where the lady was standing. She looked like she had so much to say. He couldn’t say that she’s furious but he could see that she’s pissed off. He remembered the day when his boss told him to watch out for her. They were instructed to not let her in the office. His boss is not the best human being out there and he’s seen him with different ladies before. He figured out that she’s one of those ladies.

“I’ll take care of it,” Jongin finally said, tapping Taemin’s shoulder. Dealing with the problem in front of him is better. Besides, he would be in trouble if his boss would see the lady in the office. So with a small polite smile, he approached the lady. The latter looked at him and he saw that her eyes were moist and red. Jongin quickly came to a conclusion that she’s been crying.

“Hello, ma’am. How can I help you?”

The lady cleared and fixed the strap of her bag. “I just want to talk to Bang Wooshik.”

“I’m sorry ma’am. I’m afraid he’s not coming today. He called in sick a while ago.” Jongin wanted to bury himself for lying. The lady lowered her head, obviously disappointed to hear that. She pursed her lips into a thin line and started fiddling with the ring around her finger.

Something struck him when he saw the ring. He was sure that he saw a similar ring in his boss’s table before.

“Sorry to bother you,” the lady said after a while. She looked like she would break down any minute and Jongin wouldn’t let someone go on their own looking like that.

“Ma’am, would you like to get some coffee? There’s a coffee shop downstairs. My treat.”

She looked surprised with his offer. She stared at him for a second or two before nodding. Jongin didn’t know if he’s doing the right thing. He’s just following his guts. He’s sure that there’s something iffy with the situation.

 

 

“Bang Wooshik is my husband.”

Jongin almost spat the coffee in his mouth when he heard that. It took him a lot of effort to swallow his drink. He calmly put down his coffee as he kept his eyes on Park Jiyoung. She introduced herself a while back. No wonder her name sounded so familiar. Jongin has heard his boss saying her name while on the phone.

For 2 years of being an employee in that company, he has never heard news that his boss was ever married. His lifestyle did not scream ‘married’ either. Jongin could still remember catching a lady with him in his office and he could tell that they had a lot of fun together. That was like 3 months ago.

“H-How long have you been married with him, ma’am?” It took him a couple of seconds to realize that he just asked a very personal question.

“A year now.” Her voice was soft and he could tell that she’s feeling a lot of unexplainable emotions. “We just passed our papers and did not conduct a wedding ceremony so that must be the reason why you, his employee, do not know about it.”

Even if it’s a private wedding, it would’ve been known by him or even his other workmates if their boss acted like a married man. Come to think of it, he never saw his boss wear his wedding ring. Biting back the words that he wanted to say, Jongin just stared at Jiyoung. Basing from her expression, Jongin figured out that she knows about her husband’s extramarital affairs.

He couldn’t find the right words to say in that situation so he just continued drinking his coffee. How should he comfort someone who’s been cheated on? Say that it’s all okay? Nothing’s okay with that at all. Cheating, for him, is unforgivable. He was raised in a family which treasured loyalty so it is understandable why his heart aches for Jiyoung.

Jongin tipped his head to the side and his eyes caught a familiar car stopping in front of the building. His boss stepped out of his car after a while. A lady alighted from the other side of the car seconds after. They were smiling brightly at each other. The smiles they had in their faces were not of friends’. And when Jongin saw them share a quick kiss, he quickly looked at Jiyoung.

Jiyoung’s eyes were fixed on her cheating husband and his paramour. Her face was lacking colors. Tears were forming in the corners of her eyes. Before he could say something, she stood with her cup of iced Americano and strutted out of the shop.

With his mind in jumbles, Jongin followed Jiyoung. The latter stopped the giggling couple just when they were about to enter the building. Bang Wooshik’s smile dropped from his face when he saw Jiyoung glaring at him. His eyes then stopped at Jongin and the latter how his boss’s jaws tightened in anger. He’s obviously angry that Jongin did not do the one thing that he was told to do and that was to keep Jiyoung away from the office.

“Sua, go wait in the car,” Wooshik said to the lady who he’s with and the lady looked at Jiyoung.

“Honey, who is she?” Sua asked loud enough for Jiyoung and Jongin to hear.

“You’re really something, Bang Wooshik,” Jiyoung commented with a scoff. “What’s the name of the girl you were with last week? Hyeyoon? Ah, that’s not it. That was the name of the girl you ed 2 years ago when you were dating me. Miyoung? Was it Jieun? I can’t even point out. You just have a very long list of flings.”

“Honey, what’s she saying?”

Wooshik remained quiet as if he was trying to weigh the pros and cons of speaking out. Just behind Jiyoung, Jongin could feel his hands turning ice cold. He’s just unsure of what will unfold in front of him.

“You’re asking me who I am?” Jiyoung directed her question to Sua. “I’m that bastard’s wife. I’m the stupid girl who married him after being cheated on a c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter