*The Drama (vmin)*

Shine Bright Like Bangtan

this may make me seems inconsistent but we need drama and ofc we need to start with vmin. So tell me what do you think.  Should i continue like this or not.. Or whatever else you guys had in mind. 💕

 

VMIN

 

It was nearly 1 a.m in the morning when Jimin finally gave up the idea of sleeping. Although he had excused himself from the 'BBHC' group chat earlier, saying that he's sleepy but the reality was none of those. 

It's been a long day - between dealing his 'soulmate withdrawal' as he liked to call it whenever Taehyung was away, and also, his stupid unrequited love with a certain someone. He wanted a distraction, but Taehyung was away with his friends so he didn't want to bother him and so, he decided to make everyone confess their secret crush and his stupid brain has to include Jungkook in it. 

why he do that? Jimin would say that he wanted a distraction, or probably something in him still hoped for something that he knew wasn't real.. or probably just because his lapse of judgement ; that he would get over his stupid crush on Jungkook once he had that boy slap the truth right on his pretty face - like, it does make him sober for like three seconds but the rest of it was just him, trying to made it out alive without losing a limb although it already feels like he had.

Jimin glanced over to where his phone was left charging on his nighstand. He considered calling Namjoon or Seokjin, the only duo who knew about his ongoing crisis but quickly decided against it a moment later. Both of his hyungs were probably sleeping at that time. Besides, he'd already bothered them so much with his Jeon Jungkook issues, and he wouldn't come running to them when he was the one who created this whole situation... it just wasn't fair for both of them, or him. 

For a quick, sleep - deprived second, he considered calling Taehyung but nearly laugh at the thought. Taehyung would definately answer his call but there's no way he could talk about this with him - because, first of all, Kim Taehyung was part of his issue, and second of all, out of all people, his sweet Taehyung doesn't need to know this. Not even a bit because Taehyung deserve to be happy and if that happiness comes in the form of Jeon Jungkook, he'll push his feelings aside just to let it happen because who else he would trust for that?

Taehyung in his opinion is the most innocent person he ever knew in his life, a little quirky but amazingly brilliant and Jimin would not trust just anyone around his friend. Therefore, if Taehyung is going to have a relationship with someone, he would prefer it if that someone is a person he knew and Jungkook just happen to be the right person. First because they have been living together for like seven years and he knew Jungkook like the back of his hand, and secondly, if Jungkook ever hurt Taehyung, it will be easier for him to kick his . If he ever did in which, Jimin now believe that he won't because Jungkook is a kind hearted kid. Although a bit rowdy sometimes but when it comes down to it, he's very dependable which is why Jimin likes him. 

His mind was all over the place when it comes to a halt. Like, and that was where he screwed up. Since when did he start to see Jungkook in a new light? he never knew. It feels like one time Jungkook was just there, with his big eyes and quiet self and the next, he's like something else. 

Really, though, Jimin found his honesty later when Jungkook turned 20 and had his first drink, courtesy of Yoongi and him. He didn't expect much but when Jungkook start to become a little tipsy, huddled close to him like some baby he was. He took his chance to tease the usual composed Jungkook, obviously, and then Jungkook started flirting him playfully and catching him off-guard by shoving his face so close to his own. Jungkook held his gaze and then he smiled. That kind of smile where his nose get scrunched up and the left side of his mouth quirks a little higher than the right. His face was totally make up free, his hair is flat and messy, and he dressed in his usual big hoodie, but Jimin realize that he loves Jungkook. He ing loves him.

And the next day passed with him feeling like he just met Jungkook and noticing things he hasn't seen before.For starters, Jungkook was so proud of his healthy hair but to Jimin, it wasn't the best thing about him. Though it often reminded him of the rich soil of the valleys after spring rains, almost black in the shadows. There was a warmth his brown hair brought to his features, a simple frame for that smile and eyes that held the entire galaxy that it was the only thing anyone ever commented on...but Jimin still barely notice it. 

Instead, he felt like he could sit there and listen to the youngest talks for hours. He could drink Jungkook's words like a strong wine and enjoy feeling tipsy. Jimin watched him like he had the stars in his hands and soft petals under his feet.Everything about Jungkook is endearing. The way he didn't laugh like a man but giggled like a boy and Jimin loved it. It was like listening to his inner child breaking out. Yet, everything else about Jungkook was all man. The youngest of them had filled out with muscle long before his peers and his voice broke before he was officially a teen. His face was mobile in the way deeply happy and content people's are, simply lacking the tension anxiety brings. His eyes had a softness to them, there was something so welcoming in those doe eyes. Just like that, Jimin felt a little more lost, a little more at home, each time they were together.

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung find himself staring at the wall of his bedroom, with his mind and feelings already flying away to a man named Park Jimin. His bestfriend, his soulmate, and lastly, his anchor. For so long he thought Jimin had made him feel a certain way. For example, if he was sad, or lonely, or frustrated, he would always look at Jimin...only to find that his bestfriend already looking back at him. 

But why Jimin? Why not someone else? Maybe it's because Jimin are the one he love the most, the one that make him feel most loved by. He would stare at Jimin, silently making his own promise to give the same love and patience Jimin had showed to him. All in all, it takes him no time to fall for Jimin, but then...there's this certain dilemma that he had to cope with when he falls in love with his own bestfriend. 

While Jimin is the most wonderful human being he ever seen, there's definately too much at stake right now. One, he can't risk further heopardizing their friendship, especially when there's minor details of how Jimin had always see him as his 'platonic' soulmate. Gosh, how much Taehyung hated those words but Jimin loves it and in some way, mentioning it in front of everyone does makes him feels like their bond is special than the others. 

Even if its just a little, Taehyung was not going to let it go. 

It's almost 2.30 in the morning and Taehyung is still wide awake. He was exhausted but tried as he might,  he felt like with these thoughts running through his head... He couldn't bring himself to sleep. Whenever he's feeling like this, talking to Jimin help him the best but its already too late and he couldn't actually talk to Jimin about his crisis. Can he? 

but I needed to somehow have Jimin to calm me down or at least hear his voice... 

Taehyung sighed in defeat. There's no helping it now. He yanked his phone off the charger, squinting at the screen despite the low brightness setting. He scroll down his contact list and after promising himself that he would stop calling if Jimin didn't answer at the first ring, he pressed the face call button. 

 

****

 

Picking up his phone before his eyes could adjust to the brightness of the screen had to be one of Jimin's stupidest action in a long time. He pressed his free hand on his eyes and look at the screen.  The first thing he sees was Taehyung's picture and the secondly was the time.  2.30 am was written in little white letters on top of his phone screen and worries began to surged through him that all remnants of sleep immediately left him. 

Answering the call,  he pushed himself up so that he was sitting with his back against the headboard. 

was his soulmate alright?  Did he worried about something?  Did something happen? 

Taehyung's face appeared on the screen a second after, the only light being in his room was the light casted from his phone.  Eventhough he's still a bit dazed from the sleep, Jimin could see that Taehyung look agitated and upset.

"Jiminie". Taehyung called wearily. That immediately set an alarm in Jimin'd head the way it's had always been when it comes to Taehyung. 

Jimin believe that he could handle many things, but Taehyung being sad and far away from him was not one of that things. "Taehyungie, are you okay?"

Taehyung bit his lips and ran a nervous hand through his hairs. To be honest, that was what he's been trying to figure out all night, was he okay?  What was he so worried about?  at this point, he wasn't so sure too. 

"I couldn't sleep, jiminie," he answered truthfully. "Sorry,  did I wake you up?". 

"No, no.. Its fine," Jimin smiled and that's enough to take half of his worries away. "What's wrong?".

"I don't know," Taehyung said again which felt like a lie because maybe he knows what's wrong but he don't have the courage to tell Jimin yet.  

"Are you sure?". Jimin asked again, making the face he always make when he tried to comfort people, especially him.  "Come on, you know you can tell me anything."

Taehyung looked away from his phone. He knew he could always tell Jimin everything, but not on this and now he wasn't so sure anymore if calling Jimin was the right choice anymore. He wanted to hear Jimin's voice but now, when he actually on the phone with the person in question itself, he find himself wanting more than just that. 

"I just missed you Chim," he said finally, forcing out a light chuckle. "I'm not used to being separated from you and the guys for so long like this." He admitted which is at least the truth. Maybe being far away from Jimin is making him feels sensitive and mushy. 

Jimin chuckled at this, and he stared back to his phone. "But you're having fun with your friends right? I heard you have a blast, even without me". 

"That's not true," he protested and Jimin laughed a bit. "Even if Im having fun with them, it's not the same."

"Fine," Jimin said, and he settled back on his bed. "I miss you too Tae." He smiled tiredly. But the smile disappeared too fast for his liking. "But aside from that, you still didn't tell me whats reallt bothering you. You obviously call me at this hour for a reasons other than that, right?".

Of course Jimin was able to see right through him. He sighed, why was he tried to change the subject anyway. Jimin know him too well to tell. "I just want to talk to you, Jiminie." Which wasn't a lie, he wanted to talk to Jimin but maybe not just like this. But would it really be alright?

"Can we just talk until I fall asleep?". 

Jimin scrunched his nose, pretending to think about it for a short while before he said, "Not unless you tell me whats wrong. We're soulmates, aren't we? You should be able to talk about anything with me Taetae," He mumbled and Taehyung felt a little lost at how endearing Jimin was. 

The then blonde haired man settled back on his pillow, closing his eyes. "I'm waiting Tae".

Taehyung tried to think of something to say but what had comes to him was just blinding hot panic. What if Jimin never felt the same way?  What if it's too early for him to confess?  What if it's isn't the right time? Worst, what if this isn't even the right thing to do? 

He honestly don't know what's worse, flat out rejection or silence... 

Absolute nightmare if this ruined their friendship. What if the cute smiles and cuddles and all the good memories they have while being a platonic soulmates disappeared in a mere second, because of this? 

"Taehyung ah," Jimin called him, pulling him out from his thoughts. He stared at Jimin, who's staring back at him with soft, kind smile on his face.  "I will listen to everything you need to tell me hmm?"

Jimin's words was always so reassuring without any other motives behind it and Taehyung find it really comforting. Maybe, this is the risk that he had to take. Not that he completely sure that he stood a chance but he could at least try.

Taehyung glanced away from his phone again because if he's really going to do this, then there's no way he can do it while looking at Jimin. 

He took a deep breath, realizing that he's really going to do it. This could take his relationship with Jimin to another whole new level but also could destroy it but he tried not to think about the possibilities yet. If he keep on focusing on negative possibilities, he's not going to get anywhere. 

After counting until four to still his nerve, Taehyung breathed, "I..actually like you okay?" but still, he can't keep his voice merely above whisper and he didn't even dare to look back at Jimin's face. Instead, he choose to keep on staring at the ceiling of his room. "Im not sure when it started but maybe after that day when we cried together in the toilet", he admitted, scrubbing his hair against his head. He paused for a second, listening for any sort of reaction from Jimin but when he didn't hear any, he continue nervously. "I just -- no one ever listened to me or understand me the way you do. Everyone always just see me as this happy go lucky, weird kid - which I guess, not entirely me but they do have every reason to think of me that way...but,  you always sees past all that, you know? And no one... No one had ever seen me the way you do. And you make me so nervous that sometimes I felt like my heart just melted, which probably sounds super lame but so do the rest of this...but I just, like you a lot Jiminie. You probably don't feel the same way but I just want you to know". Taehyung rambled, eventually trailing off. When he met with more silence, he snapped his head to his phone. 

"Jiminie?" he asked hesitantly, staring at the screen. After a second, he realized that Jimin's eyes were closed. The only movement on the screen was the soft rise and fall of Jimin's chest. 

Great. Jimin was sleeping. Just his luck. Somehow this had felt even more worse than the kind rejection he'd expected. Probably because Taehyung had spilled his heart out to the man he loved and the said man wasn't even awake to listen to any it.

Overwhelmed by disappointment, Taehyung took one last glance at Jimin's sleeping face - urgh, why do he had to be so cute - and he hung up. The only thing he was sure about that time was he really wasn't supposed to confess anything to Jimin because this probably a sign that it wasn't going to go well. 

Taehyung set his phone back on the nightstand and laid back on his bed, staring at the ceiling. If he can't sleep before, he don't know how he's supposed to sleep now. 

At least they're still on break for another month. He could use that time to drown his disappointment and get over this stupid feeling -or try-

He sighed heavily...now he felt like he need to talk to Yoongi soon