Ready to Leave?

Jinjoo One-shots

Minjoo was bummed. She'd just lost a game of rock-paper-scissors and was immediately thrown out of Yuri's house to buy ice cream for the girls. 

After making her payment, she left the store only for Chaeyeon to text her to buy another snack while she's there. Waiting for the older girl's response as to which snack she wanted, Minjoo sighs as she stood outside the store. 

Not even a minute after, two guys make their way towards her.

"Hey, pretty lady," one of them greets flirtatiously. "Why're you alone? Do you want to hang out with us instead? We'll pay." The other proposes, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Sorry, I'm not interested." Minjoo responds, bothered by the lack of personal space. 

"Oh come on, I–" 

"Baby!!" Three of them turn to see a tall girl coming out of the convenience store. She quickly makes her way towards Minjoo and slides her arm around her waist, pulling her in for an eskimo kiss. "Sorry I took so long. Ready to leave?" 

Minjoo thanked all the gods for sending the girl to save her because she wouldn't have been able to do anything if things went further. 

Still in shock over the sudden appearance of the stranger and the sudden intimacy, Minjoo blushes and stuttered. 

"Y-Yeah. It's okay. Let's go." 

The taller gives her a bright, reassuring smile and takes her hand in hers, intertwining their fingers. "Sorry boys, we gotta go!" She addresses the two boys and drags Minjoo away. 

"Where are you heading to?" The girl asks as they walk away from the convenience store. "Oh, I'm fine, you don't have to follow me." Minjoo rejects, "I'm thankful enough you helped me earlier."

"It's okay. I'll follow you so no one else hits on you, yeah?" The girl flashes her another smile, patting Minjoo's head. 

Minjoo blushes again and looks away. "T-Thank you. I'm heading to my friend's house now."

"Alright then."

"We're here." Minjoo informs the taller girl and she realises how she still doesn't know her name. Before she could even ask for her name, the door slams open.

"KIM MINJOO! YOU'RE LATE– oh, Yujin?" Chaeyeon screams, only to tone down at the sight of her friend. 

"You know her?" Minjoo asks, confused. She's never seen Chaeyeon with the mentioned, and she definitely hasn't seen Yujin around anywhere. 

"Hi, Chaeyeon-unnie!" Yujin greets happily, waving at the older. "Well then, I best be going now, Minjoo." Yujin pats Minjoo on the head once more, and leaves.

Chaeyeon drags a blushing Minjoo back into the house where she gets questioned.

"What was that about??? She pats your head and all that?? What happened when you went to the convenience store?" Yena bombards Minjoo with questions almost as soon as she sits on the couch.

"Unnie, you know her?" Minjoo repeats her question from earlier.

"More like, YOU don't know her? Ahn Yujin!!! The name doesn't ring a bell??" Yena exclaims exasperatedly. 

Minjoo thinks hard.

"Ah... the student in our school who doesn't go to classes?" 

"You're missing out on a tiny detail sweetie, she's the top student. Who doesn't go to school because she works as a model." Chaewon rolls her eyes at Minjoo's ignorance. 

Minjoo's eyes go wide, hand going to . "What???? Then how does Chaeyeon-unnie know her?" 

"She's in the dance club." Chaeyeon shrugs. "She's friends with Eunbi too." 

Chaewon scoffs. "More like her baby." 

Yuri who was quiet the entire time finally speaks up, looking at Minjoo with a teasing smile.

"I saw you blush, Minjoo. You like her, don't you?" 

All heads turn to face Minjoo who turns red immediately.

"She's blushing!"

"Kim Minjoo's blushing!"

"Call Eunbi-unnie!" 

"Don't worry, we'll help you!" Chaeyeon grins, not giving the poor girl a chance to say anything. 

"Ah, so you didn't know me then?" Yujin asks, laughing at Minjoo recalling their friends' reactions.

"Yah, how was I supposed to know! You were barely in school. I don't know anyone I don't see in school." Minjoo pouts, poking at her food. 

"But I'm here now, aren't I?" Yujin teases.

"And I know you now, don't I?" Minjoo shoots back, glaring slightly at the other girl. Yujin laughs wholeheartedly, and Minjoo can't help but smile at the sight. 

"Minjoo!!! Yujin!!!" Yena calls, rushing to their table, food in hand. "You guys started eating without us!" 

"Minjoo was telling me about your reactions after I dropped her off at Yuri's house the first time we met." 

"Yeah, thank us for getting you two together. You're welcome." Eunbi interjects, sitting next to Yena. 

"Please, you barely did anything. I did all the work." Chaeyeon dismisses Eunbi's statement, and the girls engage in a debate as to who played the biggest part in matchmaking Yujin and Minjoo.

Admist the mess, Yujin holds Minjoo's hand and gives her a soft smile. She gestures Minjoo to come closer, until her lips are next to her ear.

"I'm grateful I met you then. I love you, Minjoo." She whispers, patting Minjoo's head as she moves back. 

Minjoo blushes, but manages to mouth an I-love-you-too unnoticed by the rest of the group.