Marry Me

Jinjoo One-shots

It was the day.

The day Yujin worked so hard for, she felt like she spent her entire life working and preparing for this moment.

Finishing her final preparations, she let out a huff in pride of her work and made her way up to her shared bedroom with the person she wanted to spend her life with. 

Upon entering the room, Yujin made her way to the side of the bed closer to the window – she really wasn't a morning person, so her beloved made the world's sacrifice and chose to sleep on that side of the bed.

Walking closer, Yujin noticed the couple ring on her partner's left index finger, and smiled to herself. Soon, another ring would be on her finger. She sat on the side of the bed, watching fondly as her girlfriend slept without a care in the world, hair sprawled all over the pillow, face devoid of any makeup, breathing in small, quiet breaths. 

Yujin bent over and placed a tender kiss on her girlfriend's forehead, effectively making the other girl stir. 

"Wake up, Minjoo. Let's have breakfast."

Minjoo groaned and shuffled under the sheets, feeling the empty space next to her. Yujin giggled as she watched the confused actions of her girlfriend before she finally felt Yujin on the other side of where she was supposed to be. 

"Yujinnie? You're awake? So early?" She could clearly hear the surprise and confusion in her beloved's husky morning voice, and only smiled to herself. 

"Yes, babe, now come on, let's have breakfast." 

Minjoo sat up groggily, sitting on the bed with her eyes still closed before spreading her arms wide, a silent command for a hug. Yujin immediately brought the other girl into her arms, Minjoo's head resting on her shoulder and her arms wrapping themselves around Yujin's waist. 

"Good morning, Yujin." Minjoo mumbled, burying her face into the crook of Yujin's neck. 

"Good morning to you too, love, now hurry up and wash up and let's eat." 

"You cooked?" 

"Sure as hell did." 

"Did you prepare stomach medicine?"

"Yah!"

Minjoo giggled before giving Yujin a squeeze and letting go.

"Alright, I'll go wash up then." 

Yujin grinned as she got up from the bed and let the older do whatever she needed, but not before giving her a kiss on the forehead. 

As planned, the two ate breakfast together (Yujin noting Minjoo's obvious surprise at her capability to cook something edible). Yujin stared at Minjoo from across her as her expression became similar to the frog meme she was so famous for. 

She immediately became aware of how beautiful Minjoo was – she had always found the older girl beautiful, but it was her slight bedhead, the dark circles under her eyes, the silly frog meme, her lazy cuddles in the morning and definitely her frog pajamas that made Yujin sure that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Minjoo. 

Hands sweaty and trembling, Yujin reached for the box in her pocket and clutched it tightly. She didn't expect it to be so nerve-wrecking. 

Taking a deep breath, Yujin stood from her seat and headed to the opposite side of the table where a confused Minjoo sat.

"What're you doing? You haven't finished your-" Minjoo couldn't complete her sentence as Yujin got on one knee, presenting a red box to her, a simple silver band ring inside.

"Kim Minjoo, 

Marry me. Let's spend our nights eating cereal on the floor when there is a perfectly fine table behind us. Marry me. We can go to the movie theatre and sit in the very back row just to make out like kids falling in love for the first time. Marry me. We'll paint the rooms of our house and get more paint on ourselves than the walls. Marry me. I will learn everything about Harry Potter so we can play fight each other with spells. Marry me. So we can be happy together."

Despite the tears forming in her eyes, Minjoo chuckled. "You do realise that is not a question?"

Yujin grinned. "You were bound to me from the moment we got together. But for formality's sake, will you marry me?" 

Without a word, Minjoo dived into Yujin's arms, hugging her tightly. "Yes," she whispered. "Of course I'll marry you."