Queen

Jinjoo One-shots

The school was having its annual sports competition, with different competing categories for the students. Unfortunately, the 12 girls were in separate teams. 

Yujin, Yena, Chaeyeon, Hyewon and Nako were in one team while Minjoo, Yuri, Sakura, Wonyoung and Hitomi were in the other. Eunbi and Chaewon were part of the student committee, so they could sit out of the programme to watch over the other students. 

They'd finally reached the last event of the day, which was an individual race. Students had to go through an obstacle course, get a slip of paper with an item or person they had to find and cross the finish line to win. 

Yujin, Yena, Sakura and Hyewon were extremely competitive the entire day, which hyped up the rest of their teams. Minjoo and Yuri on the other hand, were a little intimidated. 

The race began, and Yujin and Minjoo reached the table at the same time, grabbing their own slip of paper. As soon as they read the instructions, they both made their way towards Eunbi, each grabbing one of her hands.

"Wait, what?" 

Knowing Yujin's competitive nature, Minjoo decided to just let her have the win and released Eunbi's arm, but was surprised when Yujin dragged both Eunbi and Minjoo to the finish line. 

The student checker was a little hesitant to give them a pass, but with Yujin's menacing smile and a slight whisper unseen by Minjoo, she let them go. Eunbi returned to her seat next to Chaewon to continue overlooking the event while Minjoo and Yujin sat on a nearby bench. 

"Why'd you– I thought you wanted to win," Minjoo started, looking at Yujin curiously. Yujin tilted her head, confused. "Yeah. We both won." 

"I mean... we're on different teams... I thought you wanted your team to win."

Yujin laughed and took Minjoo's right hand in her left. 

"Why would I not want you to win with me? You are my partner, not my competition." 

Minjoo blushed and kept her gaze on the ground. "What did you get on your paper?" Yujin asked. 

"The student council president." Minjoo replied, playing with the paper absently. "How about you?"

"Queen." Minjoo frowned thoughtfully, looking at Yujin before it clicked. Of course, the first thing Yujin would think of was the queen that reigned over the entire school. "But it's okay. Both our entries were valid." 

"What? How? I thought we couldn't have the same submission." 

Yujin grinned.

"They didn't specify what kind of queen I had to bring, so I brought my queen." 

That was enough to make Minjoo's entire year.