Innocence

Jinjoo One-shots

Not many are aware of this due to her playful nature, but Minjoo knows that Yujin has one of the most innocent and untainted minds to ever exist. 

It's actually one of the causes of Minjoo's heart attacks and anxiety. Especially when Yena is involved. 

"Yujin!"

"Eung?" 

"What's your favourite position in bed?" 

Minjoo's eyes widen, almost falling out of their sockets before giving Yena a pointed glare. Eunbi chokes, Sakura and Chaewon turn red, Nako and Hitomi are equally clueless, Hyewon and Chaeyeon raise an eyebrow and studies everyone else's reactions and Yuri gave Yena a loud smack on her back. 

Luckily, Wonyoung is still buying her food. 

"My favourite position in bed?" Yujin repeats, frowning as Yena nods eagerly, clearly anticipating Yujin's response while Minjoo's heart is in turmoil. 

"Yujin, you don't have to–"

"Next to the lamp, I guess." Yujin shrugs. "Minjoo doesn't like sleeping next to the lamp." 

A dead silence follows, before Minjoo sighs in absolute relief and Yena bursts into a fit of laughter and wheezing. Chaeyeon and Hyewon are clearly amused by Yujin's response as they hide their smiles while chewing on their food. Chaewon avoids Hitomi's questioning gaze and quickly excuses herself to buy drinks. Eunbi and Sakura share a knowing look before sighing in relief as well. 

"Why?" Yujin raises an eyebrow, confused by the others' reactions. Minjoo wraps her hand around Yujin's, shaking her head. "It's okay, Yujinnie. It's nothing." 

Yujin's innocence has also led to words with double meanings slipping out of , another source of Minjoo's heart attacks and anxiety. 

"Minjoo is really wild in bed," Yujin comments one fine day while the group are walking to dance practice together. 

Minjoo nearly drops the drink she was holding – they have never slept together!! Eunbi gives her a sharp look from beside her, casually placing her arm around her shoulder – but heck, her grip was so hard Minjoo thought her shoulder was going to break. 

"What do you mean?" Hyewon, who has her left arm linked with Yujin's right – as expected of the skinship bros – asks, obviously understanding the double meaning of her statement since she lets out a soft snicker unheard by Yujin. 

"Yeah, what exactly do you mean?" Yena nudges Yujin, already excited at the thought of a dirty topic coming out from the younger's mouth. 

"I mean... she always tosses and turns. Maybe she has bad dreams." 

Hyewon laughs out loud and pats the younger's head, squeezing her arm. "Maybe you need to cuddle with her more, then." Yujin nods. "I think I do."

Eunbi releases her grip on Minjoo's shoulder, giving it gentle rubs as well as giving her a warning smile. 

And Yujin's words with double meanings has almost cost their relationship once. 

"Where were you last night?" Minjoo asks Yujin as she reaches the classroom with Wonyoung. "You didn't answer my calls... I thought something happened." 

"Sorry, Minjoo... I thought I'd left a note saying I was at Wonyoung's for a project. We finished our work then I slept with her." Yujin explains, and Minjoo's gaze hardens. 

"You what?"

"I... did the project with Wonyoung then slept with her?" Yujin remains oblivious to Wonyoung's subtle signs for her to shut before any misunderstandings occur. 

"Unnie, don't misunderstand. She–" 

"Not from you, Wonyoung." Minjoo cuts the younger off with a glare. She looks at Yujin, almost in tears, and walks out the classroom as fast as she can. 

Chaewon enters the classroom just after Minjoo storms out, confused. 

"What happened?"

"I don't know, I told her I did a project with Wonyoung then slept with her..." Yujin frowns, she really had no idea why Minjoo was so upset when all they did was sleep in the same room, Yujin even slept on the floor because Wonyoung was so stubborn about sharing the bed. "My soft toys need their space!" she said. 

Chaewon slaps her forehead with her hand, sighing. 

"Look, Yujinnie. You may not know this but when you say you slept with someone, it means you had with them." Chaewon whispers, and Yujin's eyes widen in horror.

"What?! But I–" 

"I know, I know you didn't but Minjoo doesn't, she can overlook your innocence sometimes. Just go and tell her what exactly happened, now." Yujin doesn't wait to be told twice and leaves the room, looking for Minjoo.

She finds the older not long after at the rooftop, hugging her knees. 

"Minjoo?" 

"Go away."

"I didn't have with Wonyoung."

Minjoo looks up at Yujin and sighs.

"And then?"

Yujin takes this as her cue to sit in front of Minjoo, holding her hands.

"I'm sorry. I... I didn't know about the double meaning behind what I said. I didn't mean to hurt you, I did nothing, I slept on the floor." Yujin pouts, showing her dimples as she looks guiltily at the ground.

"I know... I just... I'm worried you might be taken advantage of if you ever say those kind of things to another person without knowing what it may mean." Minjoo sighs again as Yujin rubs the back of her hands with her thumbs. 

"I'm sorry. I'll study hard on what I should and shouldn't say from now on."

"I'm sorry too, for misunderstanding you, Yujinnie. You must've been confused when I stormed out earlier." Minjoo apologises, and opens her arms, requesting for a hug. 

Yujin complies with the request immediately and engulfs the older in a long, tight hug. 

Of course, Yujin still says things that made people get the wrong idea but Minjoo still loves her anyway. She loves her precious puppy, and her innocence just gives her another reason to love her even more and protect her from people who may want to take advantage of her.