Being In Love

Jinjoo One-shots

Minjoo is doing her assignment after classes at her usual spot in the library, right next to the window where she has a direct view of the school track. From time to time, she glances out the window and breaks into the tiniest of smiles, before tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear and focusing on her work again.

Yuri observes her best friend repeating the same actions over and over, until her curiosity reaches its peak.

"Minjoo," she calls softly, careful not to disturb the other students. Said girl glances up at Yuri with raised eyebrows, momentarily stopping her pen movement to look at her friend before continuing her writing, a signal for her to share what's on her mind.

"What's it like to be in love with Yujin?"

Minjoo's pen movement stops permanently, and she takes her time to look Yuri in the eyes, studying her before she sets her pen down and looks out the window again.

"Well,"

"When I met her, everything I wanted in a lover disappeared."

Yuri looks at Minjoo incredulously — Minjoo had always been firm with her beliefs and almost nothing could change that.

"I wanted deep blue eyes, like the clear ocean. But she has the brownest eyes you'll ever see, and suddenly, brown creamy eyes became my favourite. She's way sweeter than chocolate ice cream. Her words are pure sunshine, and it radiates off that smile that you'd have to be blind to miss. I wanted someone who could use beautiful words to make me feel better when I'm down, but she shows me that love is ever so simple, ever so kind if you genuinely put your heart to it. She doesn't say a word when I'm crying my eyeballs out," Minjoo laughs a little at this, staring at the taller girl running down the track fondly. Yujin has always been the one who'd get extremely awkward when someone's crying in front of her.

"But she sits next to me and holds me with no intention of letting go. I wanted someone who'd go, 'you're the real art' when we go to museums, but I met her, who stares into my eyes while ignoring the stars in the night. She may seem like a kid to others, but she has the respect and maturity that I find so rare in everyone else."

"To me, she absolutely glows." Yuri stares at her best friend the entire time she speaks, watching Minjoo's eyes go softer than she's ever seen, with a gaze so full of love and happiness. And Yuri's never seen that look on Minjoo in their entire 6 years of friendship. Not even when they're eating Minjoo's favourite chocolate ice cream.

Minjoo returns her gaze to Yuri, picking up her pen.

"Suddenly, she is everything I wanted her to be. She makes me happy. If you could ever experience someone like this, I'm sure you'd fall in love just as fast. And I know you'd have your own special reasons too."

Yuri remains silent as Minjoo offers her an understanding smile, returning to her assignment. A smile creeps up her face as she thinks of one person.

"Yeah, I have."