Territorial

Jinjoo One-shots

Everyone knew that the school's goddess and track and field star player were dating. But it didn't stop them from trying to ask both of them out.

In Minjoo's case, she would reject everyone bluntly and put a stop to all signs of attraction or flirting before they could do anything. Yujin, however, was a little slow on that part. 

Yujin would always be surrounded by boys and girls no matter where she went. They would give her gifts, flowers, letters, you name it. These were the blatant things Yujin could stop. 

That didn't mean it worked all the time.

Yujin's locker would be filled to the brim with letters and gifts, and she'd have to go around finding all of them one by one to return everything she received. 

It was a hassle for Minjoo, yes, given that she would tag along to make sure nothing bad happened, but Yujin was never the type of person who would let someone else's feelings go to waste and that was what Minjoo loved about the younger girl. 

Minjoo was usually understanding and polite when she had to deal with Yujin's admirers, since Yujin wouldn't like to be rude to anybody at school (perhaps except Yena), but there came a time when she couldn't stand it any more.

"Class, I would like you to meet our new transfer student, Na Goeun." 

Minjoo froze at the name, and looked up at the student only to confirm her suspicions – it was Yujin's ex-girlfriend. She'd heard of the girl before, how she was a flirt, a playgirl and how she broke Yujin's heart. 

Minjoo glanced at Yujin who also seemed frozen in her seat next to her. She placed a hand above Yujin's and rubbed it comfortingly, giving her a reassuring smile.

"It's okay. You'll be fine." 

And she was right, there was an awkward tension between the both of them but they managed to become friends on talking terms after a few months. Until Goeun thought she could be a little closer than regular friends.

Goeun started initating skinship with Yujin – though the younger would always uncomfortably squirm away from her touches. Yujin was always known to be physically affectionate, but after Minjoo became her girlfriend, she limited it to just her group of friends – mostly Hyewon as their love language was skinship, making them dubbed as the 'skinship bros'. 

Goeun would always try to link her arms with Yujin's, go home with her after classes, lean her head on her shoulder when they were sitting next to each other, and just have physical contact with her in general. Minjoo never paid attention to it because she knew Yujin was uncomfortable with it and was doing her part to stop Goeun. 

Minjoo had to stay back for extra lessons while Yujin had track and field practice. She had no idea why she was the one who had to stay back for extra math classes when Yujin was clearly weaker at the subject but by some miracle she'd managed to score well on the recent exam so she got to escape extra classes. Maybe Minjoo would've done better if she paid proper attention to her books instead of staring at Yujin while they were studying together.

By the time her lesson ended, Yujin was in the midst of her cool down exercises, so Minjoo dropped her a text to notify her that she was done with class and was heading over. 

Just as Minjoo arrived, she saw Goeun's hand reaching for Yujin's face. She recognised the look in her eyes – of course she did, that was the same look Yujin had every time she looked at Minjoo. And hell no she wasn't going to let Goeun touch what's hers. 

Minjoo picked up her pace and reached just in time to grab Goeun's wrist, squeezing herself between the two while pushing Yujin back with her other hand. 

"Hands off, Goeun," Minjoo warned. Goeun yanked her wrist out of Minjoo's grasp and smirked.

"Jealous now aren't we, Minjoo? I didn't realise that the goddess who has everything could feel such a thing."

"Sorry to disappoint you, Goeun, but I'm not jealous." Minjoo scoffed. By that time, students who were leaving school after extra classes and students from the track team were surrounding them. 

"I'm being territorial. Aren't you the jealous one here? After all, being jealous means you want something you don't or can't have. Being territorial, however," Minjoo pulled Yujin down by the collar for a deep kiss, "means I'm protecting what's mine."

"Now, stay away from my girlfriend." Minjoo grabbed Yujin's hand, lacing their fingers together. "And spread the word. I can be nice and polite all you want, but Yujin's mine. I won't let her go. And I'm ready to protect her from people like you." With that, Minjoo dragged Yujin away, with a quick and simple instruction: "Pack your things quickly and let's go." 

Yujin was grinning the entire walk back. 

"I'm yours, huh?"

Minjoo groaned.

"Come on, are you not going to let that go? It's been 10 minutes and you've mentioned that a thousand times."

"But it was so cute! You were so riled up, who knew that the nation's sweetest girlfriend had a side like that." Yujin giggled. "Nevertheless, thank you for that, Minjoo. I wouldn't have known what to do without you there." She squeezed Minjoo's hand and gave her a bright smile.

Minjoo blushed. 

"You're welcome." 

"But Minjoo,"

"Hmm?"

"Don't forget, you're mine too."