Sleep

Jinjoo One-shots

​​​​Yujin has problems when it comes to sleeping. She doesn't know why – she literally spends the whole day running around but when the time comes for her to sleep she's wide awake when she clearly knows she's tired. Even if she manages to fall asleep, she'd wake up at ungodly timings and wouldn't be able to fall back asleep for a long time.

Today was one of those days.

Yujin managed to fall asleep earlier that night but it was to no avail since she was awake now.

Heaving a sigh, Yujin cuddles closer and listens to the slow heartbeat of the person under her.

"Yujin?"

"I'm so tired," Yujin whines softly. "I want to sleep, Minjoo."

"Go back to sleep, then," Minjoo replies just as softly, moving her head a little to make way for Yujin to snuggle into the crook of her neck. She holds Yujin tighter, bringing up a hand to the latter's hair. "Sleep, Yujin."

"Eung."

Soon after, Minjoo hears soft breaths from the person above her – an indication that Yujin has fallen back asleep.

Minjoo sleeps well. She sleeps early and wakes up early, the complete opposite of insomniac Yujin.

But, for Yujin who has troubles sleeping at night and wakes up at odd hours, she makes sure to have a cup of coffee before Yujin goes to bed so she can be awake when Yujin wakes up in the middle of the night. She lets Yujin sleep on top with her head against her chest so the only sound she hears is her own heartbeat. Minjoo knows Yujin sleeps well when she's being held by someone, so she holds Yujin tighter under the covers so Yujin feels all snuggled up and is in the ideal environment for sleep.

It wasn't something she particularly enjoyed, but for Yujin who works hard to make her happy, seeing her have a good sleep at the end of each day was enough reason for Minjoo to stay up as well. 

Soon, Minjoo falls back asleep as well, neither of them waking up again till the next morning.