Chapter 3

Black Meets Pink : Cold Night and Cherry Blossoms (JenSoo University AU fic)

‘Is it just me or is everyone is staring at me?’ Jennie sat in class self-conscious while waiting for the professor to arrive. She profusely checked if anyone has taped something on her back. There was nothing thankfully. But it all the more made Jennie anxious. Some students would laugh a bit after seeing her. Some would be surprised and then they would look at their phone to avoid eye contact. There were even a few who would take a picture of her secretly.

What’s going on?

Surprisingly, a familiar face walked into the classroom. And like everybody else, this person has the same surprised look on her face when she sees Jennie.

“Oh!” The girl recognized Jennie right away with a shriek. Jennie recognized her too. It’s the yellow sashed girl. “If it isn’t the talk of the town!”

Jennie’s scrunched forehead showed how she’s clearly struggling with everything that’s going on here. The yellow sashed girl decided to sit down on the seat right beside Jennie which made Jennie a bit flustered. She doesn’t even know the girl’s name yet but she scooted over to give the yellow sashed girl space.

“Everyone has been talking about you overnight, girl. You made quite an entrance in that orientation.”

“What?”

“I’m not surprised.” The yellow sashed girl pulled out her lipstick and mirror and just idly retouches her makeup while Jennie is somewhat speechless at how this girl can be so casual and cool. “I told you right? You’re pretty.” The girl remarked.

Jennie barely blinked in her seat, flabbergasted. It seems like she just keeps getting flustered and flustered since the day has started. But when she finally caught her senses back again, she asked.

“Sorry—uhm…” The girl looked at Jennie, waiting for what she has to say but Jennie was having a hard time. “…what was your name again?”

The girl laughed. “Right! I haven’t even introduced myself! Hahaha! My bad, sweetie—It’s okay. And my name is Seulgi Kang. It’s nice to meet you, Jennie.”

Jennie smiled, somehow relieved. “You remember.” It did make her feel a little less anxious now that she knows her name. It’s hard making friends in college.

“Of course I remember. It was only yesterday—I’m not an old hag!” Seulgi began explaining. “Besides, you became famous! I kept telling everyone we've me and  that you’re name is Jennie Kim from the College of Social Sciences.”

“Famous? Why would I become famous?”

“I told you it’s because you’re pretty!”  Seulgi shifted in her seat to face Jennie, as if annoyed at the fact that Jennie is dumb enoug to not know that she has to tell her she’s pretty three times. “You’re Yonsei’s new ‘it girl’! Wait—do you not know?”

Obviously, Jennie has no idea. If she did, she wouldn’t be flustered this much. Seulgi showed her a picture of her from the orientation that is making rounds on the university’s exclusive student online social media platform. They captioned it, ‘Who’s that girl?’ and the entire post explained why people has been staring at her all day and taking pictures of her.

“This is embarrassing.” Jennie crouched in her seat hiding her face though she knows it’s already too late for that.

“Yeah... You look pretty dumb here.” Seulgi laughed which obviously did not make Jennie feel any better.  “The President almost thought he was getting married to you.”

Jennie recalled what she did on the orientation. She walked in the middle of the gym, smiling from ear to ear. She barely noticed it then but everyone’s eyes were darted on her and the President who was currently speaking at that time, stopped. But Jennie just went straight ahead until he reached to the microphone, grabbed it, faced the dumbfounded audience and said, ‘I am so happy to be here in Yonsei! It’s nice meeting everybody!’ gleefully and then left. It was all out of impluse.

Now that she’s remembering everything Jennie feels like the sky is pressing down on her and she just wants to disappear.

Seulgi really had to ask. “Why were you smiling like that though? You looked like you were in a trance.”

“I just saw somebody.” Jennie answered while her forehead is nailed against the desk.

“Oooh~ Is it someone you like?” Seulgi’s ears perked up. “That someone made you look like that and made you the it girl overnight. I’m sure whoever that is, he’s one of the people who liked your picture.”

“No~” Jennie straightened her back to explain. “It’s someone I’ve been looking up to for a long time now. I’ve always wanted to meet her and tell her how she inspired me. It’s why I chose to come here in Yonsei.”

“Oh! Sorry, my bad again sweetie. Well, whoever she is, she probably already saw your picture so congratulations!" Seulgi said and winked. "What I’m really interested about is how the reigning it girl would react about this. But then again, maybe she doesn't care.”

“Who’s that?”

“She's from Liberal Arts. Psychology major. There’s a lot of confusing rumors going around about her. Some say she’s a kind and lonely person but everybody knows she’s a Casanova. Her whole reputation is so confusing it's mysterious. Haven’t heard of her? Apparently she was a hero and that’s the main reason why she became popular in the first place. Well aside from the fact that she is hella pretty."

“What’s her name?”

“Jisoo Kim.”