Chapter 10

Black Meets Pink : Cold Night and Cherry Blossoms (JenSoo University AU fic)

Related image

Slap!

Jennie covered to prevent any sound from coming out as she witnessed what was happening in front of her, across the street. She thought it's best not to be discovered.

"Mum!!!" The girl Jisoo was with shrieked. She looked awfully familiar. If she's not wrong, that's Chaeyoung Park. If that is so, then the woman who just slapped Jisoo must be the lady of The Golden Chain Inc., Jiwoo Choi, Chaeyoung Park's mother. It's not in Jennie's place to meddle in their business but she can't help to wonder why would Jiwoo Choi do that to Jisoo. Their families were suppose to be close.

Jennie's thoughts stopped when the madame yelled.

"Haven't I told you to stop hanging out with a murdere's daughter like her?!"

Jennie was shocked.

Soon after the men in black suits forced Chaeyoung Park into the backseat, they drove away with Jiwoo Choi in their Rolls Royce convoy, leaving Jisoo alone just standing there. Concerened, Jennie carefully walked up to Jisoo which alerted her. It was just a split second but Jisoo looked terrified. The moment she realized it was Jennie,  Jisoo cursed.

"Oh for 's sake! Haven't you humiliated me enough for today?" Jennie flinched when Jisoo swinged her bag over her shoulder and started walking away. But Jennie was persistent.

"Are you okay?" Jennie asked which pissed Jisoo off even more she was ready to pull the girl's hair out from the roots. But when Jisoo looked back and saw the expression on Jennie's face, she stopped. "It must've hurt." Jennie cried. Her eyes mistier than she thought.

Jisoo let out an exasperated sigh. Annoyed at how this girl is crying more than her. "What do you want?"

Jennie braved another step closer towards Jisoo. She reached out for Jisoo's face. Surprisingly, Jisoo let her--rendered immobile at Jennie's next words. "Your beautiful face is hurt." Jennie's cold hand from the autumn breeze tingled against Jisoo's throbbing cheek. Before things become awkward, Jisoo manage to think again and swatted Jennie's hand away.

"I'm sorry." Jennie backed away and apologized which earned a sarcastic laugh from Jisoo.

"I don't need your apology." Jisoo lashed. "Did not ask for it when you vomitted on me, and certainly, I don't ing want it right now."

Unable to say anything else, Jennie stood there with her head low while Jisoo walked away. Although she's worried because Jisoo still looked pretty drunk, she can't do anything about it. It's bad enough that she ruined her dress earlier at the cafe and now this. Jennie has sufficiently ruined her chance to be friends with Jisoo.

--

Joohyun was in front of her computer again as per usual. Her roommate left around lunch saying she's going on a blind date. At the corner of her eye she glances at the clock subtly from time to time. Pretending not to care with Jisoo's whereabouts anymore because it's not like this was the first time. But it's already past midnight and the prick is still not home yet. Not even a text or call. Jisoo's been gone for 12 hours and nothing.

"In less than an hour, they are closing the gates."  Joohyun muttered to herself.

One second passed.

Two seconds passed.

Three seconds passed.

"OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!"

Joohyun grabbed her phone, pressed the number 3 button for three seconds which directly connected a call to Jisoo's phone. She pressed the phone against her ear and impatiently listened to the phone ringing. 

First ring.

Second ring.

Third r--

"ANSWER THE ING PHONE DAMMIT!" Joohyun exploded right when Jisoo did answer.

"Joo~" Jisoo chirped on the other line, sounding very wasted.

The answer to Joohyun's next question was pretty obvious. This isn't the first time after all. But she still asked. "Are you out drinking by yourself again?"

Jisoo giggled. An ample amount of giggle. "You know me so well, Joo."

"Soo, I swear to god this will be the last time I will pick you up." Joohyun feigned.

"I'm cold..." Jisoo's voice cracked. It almost sounded like she's been crying this whole time. "And my feet hurt."

". That's coz you wore that boots today."

"Everything hurts."

This time, Joohyun definitely heard it.

"Please..." Jisoo cried. "Come pick me up."