Chapter 14

Black Meets Pink : Cold Night and Cherry Blossoms (JenSoo University AU fic)

Image result for convenience store front korea

With a bowl of cup ramyeon in one hand, two cans of soda in the other, and a bunch of chips tucked under both arms, Chanyeol emerged out of the convenience store moving like just any other neighborhood bum except he's wearing tux and he drives a Corvette. If he wasn't wearing fancy clothes, no one would think he's the heir to a very big conglomerate. What, with his dog fur curly hair and dumb smile all the time?

Chanyeol slid one can of soda towards Jisoo on the table where she is sitting.

"You bought a lot of things and i only get a soda?" Jisoo railed but Chanyeol just stuffed his mouth with noodles right away. "I can't believe you still eat like this. What would your mom think."

"If mum sees us together, this wouldn't even matter." The tall guy said with his mouth full.

Jisoo breathed in and then sighed. She did not want to say another word because there really wasn't anything to say. Neither did she want to ask Chanyeol why he's here. She's got a pretty solid hunch why. Chanyeol wouldn't show up like this too if he doesn't think it's important.

It made Jisoo laugh.

"What's funny?" Chanyeol paused from eating and wiped his mouth. He suddenly felt conscious about how he looks like stuffing his mouth. "You're mean! Can't you just let me eat the way I want to?"

"Is Chaeyoung okay?" Jisoo asked instead. Delaying Chanyeol's purpose of coming to find her.

The tall guy backed up, resting his broad shoulder against the back of the chair, getting a little serious now. He exhaled, "She'll be alright. Mum's making her practice more hours than before that's why she can't go out."

A long pause passed by.

"I'll tell her you asked." Chanyeol suggested to which Jisoo declined quite hastily.

"No, don't!"  She said. "It's okay."

'She's better off without me.' Jisoo thought. Recalling lunch earlier, she realized it's not good for Chaeyoung if she hangs out with her more. People talk. She knows that. She did not mind what people said about her. But to the people she loves? It's better this way.

"What are you thinking?"

Jisoo broke off from her train of thought. She glanced at Chanyeol and gave him a pursed smile to assure him it was nothing. "Thanks for telling me Chaeng's okay though."

"Hey, I did not come all the way here just to give you an update on my sister's whereabouts. You know what day tomorrow is right?"

And there it is.

"No wonder Joohyun let you stay in our room." Jisoo chuckled it off as a way to dodge the topic.

"That's right! Your pretty roommate wants you to come too!"

"You're wasting your time Park. Just go by yourself like last year and the previous year of that."

"No. See, I can't let that happen this year again, Kim." Chanyeol scooted his chair so he could be closer to Jisoo. "It's not that I mind, I mean, uncle is always happy to see me, and I, him. But it doesn't make sense that I'm the only one visiting him. We're not even engaged anymore."

"Excuse me, we were never engaged." Jisoo corrected.

"Whatever. All I know is that we were supposed to get married--"

"But our engagement party got cancelled so, we weren't."

Chanyeol crossed his arms, like a pissed child giving Jisoo a look. "You keep insisting that, yet here I am religiously visiting uncle every year on his birthday like a good son-in-law."

"Then stop it. Tell your father he can stop using you to convince me to visit him."

Chanyeol looked at Jisoo with a lopsided smile. "Dad did not send me here." He said, a little pleased with himself he's kind of proud and showing it off.

Jisoo gave Chanyeol a confused look. Then he explained.

"The first year, yes, he did. And I could have just opted to not go see uncle when you did not show up but I went in, and I don't know... your father was so happy to see me. Maybe that's why I came to visit again last year and I still tried to convince you even though dad did not tell me to anymore. He was still happy to see me. He doesn't ask why I'm all by myself or why you did not come with me. He was just happy someone was visiting him. He wouldn't even dare to ask how you're doing though I could see it in his eyes." Chanyeol paused to look at the expression on Jisoo's face. "He misses you a lot."

Jisoo had her eyes locked on the ground now. Chanyeol reached for her hands and gave it a little squeeze, which made her look up to his face.

"Ji...." He called softly. "It's been three years. Please go see your father." He pleaded with a soft smile as he looked at his friend in the eyes.

Chanyeol withdrawn his hand from grasping Jisoo's and stood up. "I'll pick you up tomorrow." He said, with a hint of persistence. He is pretty much firm on bringing Jisoo with him this year. He was about to leave when he felt something tugging on his coat.

"Chan..." Jisoo's called, her voice too soft and low Chanyeol barely heard her. "I don't think I'm ready see him this year too but... thank you. Please give him a visit for me."

Just then, somebody showed up, looking pretty glad that she bumped into them.

"Oh!" Jennie beamed wide as she approached Jisoo and Chanyeol. "You're here!"