Chapter 12

Black Meets Pink : Cold Night and Cherry Blossoms (JenSoo University AU fic)

Image result for college cafeteria

Jennie's thoughts are all over the place. It probably looked like inside an office during an earthquake and everybody is running about, throwing papers, and the alarm is loudly blaring off, it made Jennie lose all kids of senses but also being hyper-aware that Jisoo Kim has her arm linked with hers.

THIS. IS. NOT. A. DRILL.

She hasn't even gotten the cahnce to apologize again for what she did. Has Jisoo Kim forgiven Jennie Kim already? At the back of Jennie's mind, amidst the chaos going on, she thought, 'I cavn't believe she's being friendly with me. I knew it! They're wrong.' Jennie just kept staring at the face of the very person she's admired for a very long time from afar. Now they are side by side walking to school together, under the shade of the trees growing along the path and a few drops of sunlight leaks through the orange leaves. This can't be a dream. That's the best part.

"Thanks. Now bye."

Jisoo essentially detached herself from Jennie when she was sure they were far enough from Chanyeol. Dumbfounded and confused, Jennie was abruptly pulled out from the beautiful scenery only she was imagining. 'Thanks for what?' She thought as she looked at Jisoo who was already walking away. A wide smile naturally formed on Jennie's lips, pushing her fluffy cheeks up.

"No problem!" Jennie cluelessy replied enthusiastically.

Jisoo couldn't help but snort. "So  naive." She muttered to herself.

"You forgive me now right?" Jennie asked which made Jisoo turn around.

"For what?" Jisoo said feigning ignorance. "Ah..."

Jennie shifted her eyes, and tried to keep smiling but now she just looks awkward. "I did not mean to eavesdrop and humiliate you." She said.

"Look, I told you I don't need your apology. Anyway, it doesn't matter."

Jennie's smile faltered. "Why not?" She asked. "Is it because of the rumors?"

Jisoo laughed. "You think they're just rumors?"

Jennie couldn't answer.

"Look, miss—"

"It's Jennie."

"Look, Jennie." Jisoo paused and then sighed. "Fine. alright I forgive you. It's none of your business now so just please leave me alone."

"But you're the one who dragged me here with you."

It's Jisoo this time who couldn't answer. "Right." She said. "What do you want?"

"I want you to forgive me and mean it by going to lunch with me."

--

"What's she doing here?" Seulgi pried as soon as she sat down. Lisa who came with Jennie from class, just kept smiling at the new added person in their lunch group.

Jennie leaned a bit to answer Seulgi. "I made her come eat lunch with us." She whispered proudly.

"Hello! I'm Lisa. Nice to meet you!" The foreign girl extended her arm to formally introduce herself.

"Ah, yes." Jisoo nodded and reluctantly shook Lisa's hand. "We've met before. From the cafe"

"What?" Lisa asked like she wasn't able to hear.

"I said we already met before." Jisoo explained again, a bit louder. "From the ca--"

"Oh, Lisa is from Thailand." Jennie interrupted. "She doesn't really speak English or Korean that well yet so bear with her." She explained.

Seulgi shifted in her seat, "I didn't know you eat here at the cafeteria."

"I didn't." Jisoo answered.

"From now on, she will." Jennie said and smiled by herself.

--

Later that day, back in the dormitory, Chanyeol took the liberty of making himself comfortable on Jisoo's bed. He's been waiting there the whole day or else he will never be able to catch Jisoo. Just as long as Joohyun doesn't tattle-tale on him, then all should be well. Chanyeol has a pretty good excuse to exploit the chance of hanging out in a girl's room anyway. Joohyun knows it too which is why she let him stay.

"She would skip classes for days but she comes home late when she doesn't." Chanyeol said. Mostly to himself. Because Joohyun has put on her headphones, watching anime. "I'm bo~o~o~ored!"

He started throwing things at Joohyun trying to get her attention. It took three crumpled papers to hit her head before the girl finally took off her headphones and turned around scowling.

"What!?" Joohyun growled.

Chanyeol just laughed and asked. "Can we order pizza?"

"Whatever. Soo will be here soon." Joohyun replied and went back to watching her anime.

The cheeky tall guy crumpled another paper and threw it again towards Joohyun. And once again, the girl turned, glaring.

"I just wanted to ask what kind of pizza you like."  He asked once again, with his never failing smile still. "Are you a no-pineapple-on-my-pizza kinda gal or not?"

"First of all, there's nothing wrong with pineapple on pizza. Second of all, I am not hu"

"Hawaiian style pizza it is." Chanyeol cut her off and started dialing on his phone to order pizza when finally the door opened. "Great timing Kim! I was just about to order pizza!"