Chapter 2

Black Meets Pink : Cold Night and Cherry Blossoms (JenSoo University AU fic)

It almost seemed like the day would never end. But alas, the sun still sets and the marching band have already left. The students and teachers had gone home and the area has been cleared. Well, for those who live in Yonsei's residential building (or the dormitory), it's a relief. Though Jisoo could care less if the festivity lasted overnight. It's her roommate who would.

"Quiet in the realm." Joohyun whispered to herself as she sat in her comfy chair in front of her computer. This bespectacled carrot is Jisoo's roommate. Both girls are nocturnal but Joohyun is the indoorsy type. She likes wearing an orange hoodie and is always planted in front of her computer like a—well—like a carrot.

Jisoo just came out of the bathroom when she heard her roommate. She couldn't help but laugh and tease. "Nerd."

Joohyun glared. (And you can almost hear that electricity spark in her eyes.) She always does that. Jisoo has already gotten used to it too. "You're a nerd for knowing it’s nerd because it means you understand the reference."

"Okay, that entire sentence is even nerdier." Jisoo chuckled as she picked up her phone to answer a call.

Joohyun could just hear the conversation. It's always just the same so she tried to focus scrolling and fiddling through her computer.

"I'm about to go." Jisoo giggled. Joohyun always notices how Jisoo sounds different when she is talking to her friends on the phone. Her 'other' friends. Stranger friends. Joohyun never met any of them but she could tell it's never the same person. It's bothersome to think about but also hypnotizing to listen to. Nevertheless, Joohyun isn't keen on always hearing Jisoo sound like that. "That's sweet but you don't have to pick me up. I told you I'm going with my friend."

As Jisoo ended the call, she tossed her phone to her bed right away like she didn't just sound so flirty and so interested earlier.

"You're going out?" Joohyun asked although she already knows the answer to that. "Who was that?"

"Nobody." Jisoo sighed as if the whole idea of the guy bored her to her bones. They haven't even hung out yet.

"Nobody?"

"Just an arrogant first year I met earlier. He had the guts to ask me out and invited me to his party."

Joohyun’s brow went up on its own. "You don't sound like you like this guy."

"He's okay I guess. Just a little too immature for my taste—"

"But you're still going anyway." Joohyun cut her off.

Jisoo chuckled like it was funny. "It's a party, Joo. Of course I'm going."

Joohyun grumbled, her motherly instincts kicking in. "Soo, it's only the first day of the semester. Can't you postpone your plans tonight? Maybe next week or never at all?"

"Don't worry. I won't be drinking tonight." Jisoo assured.

"You always say that."

"I promise.” Jisoo rebutted. “Besides, I’ll be with Chaeyoung. We’ll take care of each other.”

"Huh! That's even more unsettling." Joohyun rolled her eyes and turned back to her computer. It's not that Joohyun thinks Chaeyoung can't take care of Jisoo. They're not friends or anything but she knows who Chaeyoung is. She's been friends with Jisoo way before Joohyun even met Jisoo so she can't really complain. But that doesn't mean Joohyun is comfortable about it. Besides, Chaeyoung is also just a first year. Literally fresh out of high school.

"You really think it's okay to bring Chaeyoung with you?"

"Sure." Jisoo reluctantly nodded. "She's in college now. She'll learn one way or another anyway."

"But—"

"The world is a ed up place, Joo." Jisoo started cutting Joohyun off. Joohyun threw her hands unceremoniously into the air as if to say, ‘Ah, here we go again.’ It’s a phrase that Jisoo always says and often use to win an argument. "It's gonna end sooner or later but before that happens, we're all going to die first. I'm just trying to have fun and make the most out of this life."

"Right." Joohyun gave up arguing. By now, she should've gotten used to it and should've not started trying to reason out in the first place. She just turned her attention to a trending picture of a freshmen girl in the middle of the gym at the orientation earlier, captioned ‘Who’s that Girl?’

“Just save my from the landlady.” Jisoo grabbed her pouch and left.