Chapter 9

His Fallen Angel

Jinki entered the bar again and sat at the corner table. Ravenously eating his order of chicken wings, he moved aside just in time before a man fell from one side of the bar, onto his table. Standing up in annoyance, Jinki strode towards the man's attacker and punched him square in the face. Watching the fear in his eyes gave Jinki a feeling of power that he hadn't experienced in a long time. Feeling as exhilarated as a lion that had tasted blood for the first time, Jinki started to attack all the men who rushed towards him. Jonghyun's body was strong, and he definitely enjoyed making use of it. Soon, they all ran away and the person he'd helped, took his hand.

"Thank you. You saved my life"

"It was nothing"

"I need to introduce you to someone. Will you be here tomorrow?"

"Yes"

"What is your name?"

"I'm Kim Jonghyun"

It made a lot more sense to give the man Jonghyun's name rather than his own. Jinki had been really bored so far in the human realm, but he now had somewhere to be. A private life that was all his own, where he wouldn't have to hide behind Jonghyun. 

*************************************************************************

This time when Jonghyun woke up, he felt as fresh as a daisy, and with no signs of bruises or any other marks on his body. Filled with a sense of joy and purpose, he went to work where he was unappreciated, as always. He'd never known about it until Jinki had 'visited' him, and now he felt emotions such as anger and jealousy which were previously foreign to him. All he had done so far, was sit in silence but now, with Jinki whispering sweet nothings in his ear, Jonghyun really wanted to show his employers what he was made of.

Jinki just watched everything that was happening, without making any comments. There would come a time when he would instigate Jonghyun to rebel against everyone he worked with, but for now, he just had to focus on the man he had to meet. When his time finally came, Jinki was amazed to find himself feeling nervous as he sat in the bar. The ways of the humans were very strange, and like a disease, they were catching. Using his well-honed senses, he was able to know the exact moment the one he was waiting for, entered the bar.

"Jonghyun, I'm glad you're here. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Ryu"

Ryu was dressed slightly differently than the last time Jinki saw him. His white shirt had been replaced with a black leather jacket, similar to the one Jinki had made Jonghyun wear. 

"We could use someone like you, with us. That day, I was trying to get some information, by dressing in civilian clothes. You risked everything to save me, and this type of loyalty will never go unpunished"

Though Jinki didn't understand what was happening, he gladly shook hands with Ryu, who thought he had talent. Following his new friend out of the bar, Jinki was taken to a warehouse full of people who looked, for lack of a better term, positively sinister. So far, the only humans he had come in contact with were Jonghyun. Ryu and that bully from the office, but even he could sense that this was different. Using his powers to read their minds, all Jinki saw were memories of them murdering people. What had he gotten himself into? The worst part was that to them, he was Jonghyun. How could he have been so careless and stupid so as to drag his host into this mess? 

************************************************************************

The next day, Jonghyun found someone staring at him as he crossed the street. Though he increased his speed of walking, the other man caught up to him very easily.

"Jonghyun, wait up! I'm glad I caught you. Ryu sent me to inform you to meet him at the Opera house this evening"

Who was this guy, and who the heck was Ryu?

(Just nod. I'll explain later)

Obeying Jinki, Jonghyun earned a smile from the other man, which just increased his suspicion. Had Jinki been taking control of him again? That would explain the bruises he had found earlier, but how could Jinki take control without his permission?

(I can hear your brain whirring with your thoughts. Stop reading too much into the situation)

"Who the hell was that? I have never seen him in my life"

(You met him at the bar a few nights ago. Don't you remember?)

Though this was a gamble, Jinki was quite sure it would work. After all, it was his word against Jonghyun's, and he was being thought of, as an oracle. Would an oracle lie? Plus Jonghyun wouldn't remember anything in the morning, after a night of drinking.

"Did I really? I don't remember"

(You were so drunk that I had to guide you back to your apartment)

"Oh, thank you for reminding me"

It was almost too easy as Jonghyun fell for it hook, line and sinker, just as Jinki had expected. Now if he ever saw any of that gang during the day, Jinki just had to play on Jonghyun being drunk out of his mind, However, the fact that Ryu wanted to meet him made him feel extremely uneasy. He was an angel who had no reason to fear anyone. If anything happened, Jinki could just use his powers to escape. The only thing Jinki couldn't figure out was how he could get rid of Jonghyun and take complete control in the evening. 

Jinki was quite surprised as he saw Jonghyun fixing his hair and changing into a formal shirt.

(What are you doing?)

"I'm supposed to meet someone at the Opera house this evening. It's essential to be well dressed"

He hadn't expected Jonghyun to even remember the visit in the evening, let alone plan on what to wear. 

(I think a suit would be appropriate)

Watching as Jonghyun transformed from a duckling into a swan, Jinki tried to control all of the foreboding in his mind. Why was Jonghyun so excited about this? For the life of him, Jinki couldn't figure it out. 

Jonghyun arrived at the Opera House and was soon slipped a little piece of paper saying, 'Come backstage after the show. I've added your name on the guest list. Ryu'