Chapter 11

His Fallen Angel

Spending his time with Ryu's team, Jonghyun observed the professional way in which they sat, cutting the glass to match the specifications of the diamond exactly. He would be lying if he said this didn’t interest him at all, although it was highly illegal. He was longing to show off his skills to someone whom he knew would appreciate him. Did it really matter if the appreciation came from a criminal? As part of his practice, Jonghyun hacked into the traffic light control system and played around with the lights, and noting the timings of each signal on the road the truck was to take. The job was all about planning and things would go sour even if they were a minute too soon or too late. 

Jinki, on the other hand, was starting to feel extremely anxious. The conscience that had been dormant for so long, had now started troubling him, and for once, made him think about someone other than himself. Based on what he could predict, something bad was sure to happen, and Jonghyun would get caught by the police. If he used his powers to help Jonghyun, then his deception in the angel realm would be found out. Was he really ready to risk it all, to protect someone who he merely wanted to use? 

Soon, the day arrived and Jonghyun was at a warehouse, using a desktop to take control, under Ryu's supervision. Using a program to conceal the IP address, so that they wouldn't be found out, Jonghyun started to type rapidly. Soon, he had access to the truck's internal system. To his surprise, the truck had only been pre-programmed and didn't have anyone in the police or Government accessing the system. It was almost too easy, like taking candy from a little baby. Ryu, armed with a walkie talkie, was waiting for his boys to give him the signal. He had assigned a few members to tail the truck, and report it's every movement, upon which he would instruct the boys in the sewers to get in position. Soon, Jonghyun heard the crackle of the walkie talkie and started to disable the truck after keeping a short timer for the traffic signal to get to red. Wishing they had remembered to fit a camera onto the boy's clothes, Jonghyun and Ryu were excited for what was to come. As they had anticipated, the mission went off without a hitch, until the diamond was removed from its container. As the boys slowly removed the diamond, with their tools, it triggered an alarm that no one had expected. Suddenly, the lights in the vehicle started to flicker, and a deafening siren-like noise started wailing, forcing the boys to cover their ears.

"Just get the diamond and run"

The sharp command from Ryu brought the boys back to reality and they dropped the box containing the diamond into the waiting hands of their teammate before replacing the case with the piece of glass they had crafted. It was obvious that they would get caught, but this way, they would be able to buy some time, until the 'diamond' they had placed was confirmed as a fake.

Jinki knew what was to happen next, but it wasn't the right time to try and get Jonghyun out of there. A Jonghyun who was surely enjoying himself with the events created by Jinki himself. All of a sudden, Jinki felt Jonghyun shiver uncontrollably, as he stared at his computer screen which had started to go haywire.

"Ryu, we need to leave. Now. Get everyone out"

"Why?"

"The Government has started decrypting my IP encryption software and its just a matter of minutes before they start tracing it back here"

Realizing the danger, Ryu immediately barked orders for everyone to separate and lie low for a few months. Asking Jonghyun to dismantle the computer he was using, Ryu soon escaped. Not wanting his new friend to get into trouble, Jonghyun carefully started to remove all the pieces from the computer. 

(Hurry up, Jonghyun. You're taking ages)

"This is a delicate job, Jinki"

(Just let me take control. I can rip these wires off in a second, without worrying about tools)

"No, this is an expensive computer, I can't let you destroy it"

(Why are you such a pain?)

Jonghyun started to panic as he heard the sound of police sirens approaching the location. Though he had wanted to treat the machine with respect, he really didn't want to get caught and sent to prison. 

"Jinki, I'm scared"

(Give me control. Now)

"Okay"

At that moment, Jinki made the choice that would change his life forever. Summoning all of his powers, Jinki pushed Jonghyun away mentally, so that he could only see what was happening. Assuming his true form, complete with wings, Jinki made them invisible so that they could just silently observe what would happen next.

As he had predicted, the police soon arrived but could find nothing except a few bits of the main computer. Without the motherboard, there wasn't anything they could do. Grinning to himself as he watched the police throw things around and curse, Jinki shielded Jonghyun from observing anything around them, knowing fully well that he would get upset. 

"Jinki, I can't see anything"

(I know, I've blocked your vision)

Although Jonghyun was extremely annoyed, something within him told him that he should stay silent at that moment. What Jinki had done, was probably for his own good, since he'd promised Jonghyun protection.

Jinki stayed as silent as he could, and moved towards the window as the door and stairs were currently being guarded. Taking a deep breath, Jinki jumped out, and spread his wings, carrying them far away from everyone there. Landing on the roof of Jonghyun's apartment, Jinki finally uncovered his eyes and gave him back the control of his body.

"Jinki, how did you do that?"

(Well, it doesn't matter if I tell you now. I used my powers to get you out of there)

"No, I mean...how did you get out of there?"

(I flew us out)

"What? You can fly?"

(Well, I have wings, so yeah)

"How could you keep all of this from me?"

(Jonghyun, you won't understand. There's so much that you don't know)

"I can try to understand"